Paris Attacks

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    Very little regard for human life. This much is obvious. Look what they put out there for people to see: burning a pilot alive, beheadings, etc.

That stuff alone should be enough to discourage anyone from wanting to join the ranks, but nooo... brainwashed idiots think it's cool.
    It sickens me that there is not more outrage from the "peaceful muslims" after these events. Do they believe that these numb nuts are getting their virgins or being condemned to hell for such acts? Would be nice to hear a response from someone of the Muslim faith regarding that question. If the Muslim world universally believes that they are being rewarded in the afterlife for such atrocities, then how are they not perpetuating these events and encouraging these fools? I am really trying to understand the apologists out there.
    the qur'an states all muslim men get 72 virgins. and they don't have to perpetuate any attrocities for them.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    Very little regard for human life. This much is obvious. Look what they put out there for people to see: burning a pilot alive, beheadings, etc.

That stuff alone should be enough to discourage anyone from wanting to join the ranks, but nooo... brainwashed idiots think it's cool.
    It sickens me that there is not more outrage from the "peaceful muslims" after these events. Do they believe that these numb nuts are getting their virgins or being condemned to hell for such acts? Would be nice to hear a response from someone of the Muslim faith regarding that question. If the Muslim world universally believes that they are being rewarded in the afterlife for such atrocities, then how are they not perpetuating these events and encouraging these fools? I am really trying to understand the apologists out there.
    There are MILLIONS of Muslims that denounce these attacks. It's just that no one reports them.

http://aboutislam.net/muslim-issues/europe/world-muslims-condemn-nice-attack-2/

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/arab-and-muslim-leaders-condemn-vile-terrorist-attack-nice-860788171

http://www.msn.com/en-in/news/other/muslim-arab-leaders-condemn-nice-attack/ar-BBumAkX
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

the qur'an states all muslim men get 72 virgins. and they don't have to perpetuate any attrocities for them.
    But no condemnation or punishment for such acts? In other words, it's a fast track to their virgins, essentially being rewarded with the perk of taking out "non-believers" along the way?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Omg. Can you please learn a bit about the religion before spouting off about it?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

Omg. Can you please learn a bit about the religion before spouting off about it?

Educate me, I'm asking questions. It's obvious that there are a lot out there that believe they are doing Allah's will by mass murdering innocent people. What parts of the Quran are they interpreting differently?
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • PJ_Soul said:

72 virgins
    jesus was resurrected and parted the sea
    ya i'm good for learning about this shit
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited July 2016
    I just know that if this was going on in the name of catholicism, the pope and every priest in every church would be crying out to please stop all the madness. where the hell is this from the higher ups in the muslim religion?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    wait.

an entire religion bases their beliefs on one single solitary book as truth and fact.

you have thousands of pages of scientific data written by hundreds of scientists, peer reviewed by other scientists, suggesting climate change is real and happening, and all of a sudden it is not conclusive. it is somehow open for debate.

human beings, as a species, are stupid.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • wait.

an entire religion bases their beliefs on one single solitary book as truth and fact.

you have thousands of pages of scientific data written by hundreds of scientists, peer reviewed by other scientists, suggesting climate change is real and happening, and all of a sudden it is not conclusive. it is somehow open for debate.

Well Gimmie... I'm in your corner here.
    "My brain's a good brain!"

wait.

Well Gimmie... I'm in your corner here.
    i knew you would be ;)
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• wait.

Is that why after peer reviews medical advice can change?
    I thought doctors know all.
    Whereas the bible never changes it's script and people still abide it.

wait.

Is that why after peer reviews medical advice can change?
    I thought doctors know all.
    Whereas the bible never changes it's script and people still abide it.
    people do not abide by the bible as written. they take certain passages of it and apply it. some of it literally, some of it they use their best interpretation of it. or they just throw out entire parts of it, such as the eating shellfish, getting tattoos, cutting your hair, parts.

yes medical research changes as NEW TREATMENTS AND TECHNOLOGY is introduced and tested.

i work with a surgeon at a prestigious medical school that focused heavily on research, so we can talk about medical research all night.

• PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    As I said people who choose to abide the bible in any part are nutcases.
    People who chose to question why their family doctor changes tune almost every year are not.

edit - it doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell you that Peanut Butter is not allergic if you were exposed to it an early age.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    edited July 2016

wait.

The climate is always changing. It is the belief that you know why or that you can even do something about it which makes it the ultimate religion.

People who chose to question why their family doctor changes tune almost every year are not.

edit - it doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell you that Peanut Butter is not allergic if you were exposed to it an early age.

then ask your family doctor. one doctor is not an example for the whole of medicine. to suggest that they are is just lazy thinking. a good doctor who lives up to the established standards of care would not flippantly change tunes. especially when dealing with medications or devices.

with your health care system up there i would be really surprised that a doctor would change things flippantly. there are things that your insurance will cover, and things that they won't. same as here.

if you want to use chloroform for your anesthesia next time you have surgery we can certainly try it. or we can use the established safe practices that we use today.

what does peanut butter have to do with anything? you don't need a journal article to tell you that allergic reactions can be fatal. peanuts are one of the most common food allergies.

• As I said people who choose to abide the bible in any part are nutcases.

what does peanut butter have to do with anything? you don't need a journal article to tell you that allergic reactions can be fatal. peanuts are one of the most common food allergies.
    So no doctor in America is suggesting/informing patients that PB is safe for infants and toddlers?

So no doctor in America is suggesting/informing patients that PB is safe for infants and toddlers?
    who knows? i work in orthopedics not pediatrics or primary care. i don't have kids, so i have no interaction with pediatricians.

i don't offer medical advice on topics that i am not intimately familiar with.

who knows? i work in orthopedics not pediatrics or primary care. i don't have kids, so i have no interaction with pediatricians.

What is chloroform then?

What is chloroform then?
    inhaled anesthesia used during surgery in the civil war. very primitive by today's standards. today's standards are courtesy of experiments and publication in peer reviewed scientific journals. these are the advances with new medications, technology, and procedures that i referred to earlier.

https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/chloroform#section=Top

What is chloroform then?
    inhaled anesthesia used during surgery in the civil war. very primitive by today's standards. today's standards are courtesy of experiments and publication in peer reviewed scientific journals. these are the advances with new medications, technology, and procedures that i referred to earlier.

https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/chloroform#section=Top
    Thanks Doc
  • PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Think of this.

I mean, think of such a premise for a second or two.

What kind of f**king idiot actually thinks this is going to happen? How f**king stupid can a human being get? Have they stopped to think how logistically this might be a bit of a challenge? For example... where are all the virgins hanging out?

And why stop there? Why not add in 'bacon and eggs every morning'? You'd have me there for sure!
    "My brain's a good brain!"

PJ_Soul said:

72 virgins
    I am not defending religion or Islam, and certainly not radical Islam (of course not. I am super anti-religion, as you all know), but i think it's important to actually have real knowledge about religions to be against it or to complain about it or to form opinions about what's going on with religious-political matters. I think it's ignorant to just have a vague grasp of it or a general idea and then start forming opinions on misinformation and assumptions.

I agree that moderate Muslims need to step it up a LOT more in terms of combating extremism.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

72 virgins
    but i think it's important to actually have real knowledge about religions to be against it or to complain about it or to form opinions about what's going on with religious-political matters. I think it's ignorant to just have a vague grasp of it or a general idea and then start forming opinions on misinformation and assumptions.

Like I said,
    72 virgins
  • PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Think of this.

I mean, think of such a premise for a second or two.

What kind of f**king idiot actually thinks this is going to happen? How f**king stupid can a human being get? Have they stopped to think how logistically this might be a bit of a challenge? For example... where are all the virgins hanging out?

And why stop there? Why not add in 'bacon and eggs every morning'? You'd have me there for sure!
    And what if they cooked it every morning and served it to you? Now we're talkin
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

72 virgins
    I am not defending religion or Islam, and certainly not radical Islam (of course not. I am super anti-religion, as you all know), but i think it's important to actually have real knowledge about religions to be against it or to complain about it or to form opinions about what's going on with religious-political matters. I think it's ignorant to just have a vague grasp of it or a general idea and then start forming opinions on misinformation and assumptions.

I agree that moderate Muslims need to step it up a LOT more in terms of combating extremism.
    I think that's a fair statement, except that many scholars that have spoken against it and are being ignored are getting their information from valid sources and still saying that it promotes violence to anyone not of the same religion...but even scholars have different opinions. Bringing mass amounts of people over from places where the radicals flourish with the moderates, though...it's a recipe for disaster.

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

72 virgins
    but i think it's important to actually have real knowledge about religions to be against it or to complain about it or to form opinions about what's going on with religious-political matters. I think it's ignorant to just have a vague grasp of it or a general idea and then start forming opinions on misinformation and assumptions.

Like I said,
    72 virgins
    Um, Jesus didn't part the Red Sea. That was Moses.
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

72 virgins

Like I said,
    72 virgins
    Does it really matter?....
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

72 virgins

Like I said,
    72 virgins
    Yes, it matters, especially considering that Jews also have the Moses story but not the Jesus one. Anyway, generally, yeah, I think knowing a lot about what you fervently criticize is very important. Knowledge is power. Plus, the details in Bible stories really shaped certain cultural values. You don't need to believe in the Bible obviously, but it's good to know it anyway, because it has still had a huge historical impact on society.
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

72 virgins

Like I said,
    72 virgins
    Yes, it matters, especially considering that Jews also have the Moses story but not the Jesus one. Anyway, generally, yeah, I think knowing a lot about what you fervently criticize is very important. Knowledge is power. Plus, the details in Bible stories really shaped certain cultural values. You don't need to believe in the Bible obviously, but it's good to know it anyway, because it has still had a huge historical impact on society.
    Yeah I got mixed up with jesus walking on water and who parted it. I was close.
    Close enough to not care about it more.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

72 virgins

Like I said,
    72 virgins
    That's because Jesus was Jewish
    How do we know this?
    Because he lived at home till he was 30
    And his mother thought he was god

Ba dum dum
    :hang_loose: