Options

Save The Double Door - Charlotte

BlackCircleBlackCircle Charlotte, NC Posts: 371
The Double Door Inn, located in Charlotte, NC was established in 1973, and is currently in danger of being torn down by Central Piedmont Community College.

I doubt there is a way to save this local club. The wheels may already be in motion. But I thought if there was one shining miracle possibility, if there was one group of fans who would care about the preservation of a music venue, it would be the Ten Club.

Stevie Ray Vaughan, JJ Cale, Steve Earle, Buddy Guy, Elvin Bishop, Delbert McClinton, Sam & Dave, KoKo Taylor, Derek Trucks, The Turtles, Matt “Guitar” Murphy, Wet Willie, Roomful Of Blues, John Hammond Jr., Willie Dixon, Roy Buchanan, Steve Forbert , Gatemouth Brown, Joe Ely, The Fabulous Thunderbirds, Dave Alvin, Alejandro Escovedo, Vassar Clements, Drive-By Truckers, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Billy Joe Shaver...and yes, Eric Clapton did sign the wall upstairs in the "green room".

I don't know if you can help, but it's worth a shot.
I have no idea what it would take or how it would be possible...perhaps the only thing would be for Pearl Jam themselves to get involved. I don't know.

Anyway...I posted this on FB..... Thanks for anything you can do. Maybe just click the link, share the FB message.... maybe if enough people SHOUT to save The Double Door CPCC will take notice.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1723724737887781&id=1622060118054244
I'm like a tab

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Try posting this in Other Music. Alot more traffic there.
    www.cluthelee.com