Options

Guns N' Roses Tour:

Comments

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    A few more openers have been added in addition to AIC and Kravitz. Chris Stapleton, The Cult, Skrillex.... The Seattle opener has not been announced yet. Probably get fucking Skrillex or some bullshit!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    :lol: Skrillex???
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    I'm pretty impressed that Axl is apparently playing Slither (Velvet Revolver) in tribute to Scott Weiland on this tour.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,159
    I'm hoping we get AIC in Seattle. I think AIC has a break in their own tour at that point, so it would be kind of cool if they got to open the Seattle show. After it was first announced that AIC/Kravitz were opening the first set of dates, it sounded like they were really trying hard for openers. The Cult is decent, but those other two are weak sauce.

Seattle needs something to start selling tickets. It's so low sold right now. I still can't seem to get rid if my spare pair of pit tickets.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Zod said:

I'm hoping we get AIC in Seattle. I think AIC has a break in their own tour at that point, so it would be kind of cool if they got to open the Seattle show. After it was first announced that AIC/Kravitz were opening the first set of dates, it sounded like they were really trying hard for openers. The Cult is decent, but those other two are weak sauce.

Seattle needs something to start selling tickets. It's so low sold right now. I still can't seem to get rid if my spare pair of pit tickets.

I have had some bad luck with openers lately. AIC or Kravitz would be awesome. If we get Skrotumz (or whatever the hell he's called), sorry folks, it's my fault.

Fuck it! I'm there for GnR, anyway. Cool opener is just bonus.
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 680
    Hobbes said:

Zod said:

I have had some bad luck with openers lately. AIC or Kravitz would be awesome. If we get Skrotumz (or whatever the hell he's called), sorry folks, it's my fault.

Fuck it! I'm there for GnR, anyway. Cool opener is just bonus.
    It would be awesome if Soundgarden opened. Get them and Faith No More on the bill and it's 1993 again.
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    Have a field pair for sale Chicago Friday July 1. Section B2 row 13. $550 for the pair.
  • Options
    AIC sounds fantastic. Jerry just a couple songs in was already trash talkin the Lions :lol:
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    FoxyRedLa said:

AIC sounds fantastic. Jerry just a couple songs in was already trash talkin the Lions :lol:

What's AIC set been? Going to Chicago.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    They're already done BOOOOO. Came out on on the button and done in 30. They sound tight fantastic! We got the hits! No complaints!
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    No way, seriously?
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    You are talking about AiC, right?
  • Options
    Yes. AIC was amazing! Just sux they only played 30 min.

I am not going to spoil anything but I don't think my co-workers even recognize me this morning - I got my face fucking melted right the fuck off last night !!!!!!! Fuck!!! :rock_on::rock_on::rock_on:

If you're going you won't be disappointed. If you aren't going find a fucking ticket :rock_on:

The set was perfect. The flow was killer!!! They didn't even get tired for 1 second. I damn near got a 3 hour show! Didn't get home till 3 am! They did not take a break. Briefly before the encore that's it. I got every single song I wanted and more.

I cannot say enough what a fucking show! Duff wow Slash WOW!!! Say what you want he's still fucking Axl baby!

:smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

SLASHHHHHHHHH! ***DAMN IT! He's memorizing! There were times I literally stopped moving and just watched intently and then he'd finish and I'd start :rock_on: again!

Ok! Carry on! Whooooooo!!!!!!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:

I am not going to spoil anything but I don't think my co-workers even recognize me this morning - I got my face fucking melted right the fuck off last night !!!!!!! Fuck!!! :rock_on::rock_on::rock_on:

If you're going you won't be disappointed. If you aren't going find a fucking ticket :rock_on:

The set was perfect. The flow was killer!!! They didn't even get tired for 1 second. I damn near got a 3 hour show! Didn't get home till 3 am! They did not take a break. Briefly before the encore that's it. I got every single song I wanted and more.

I cannot say enough what a fucking show! Duff wow Slash WOW!!! Say what you want he's still fucking Axl baby!

SLASHHHHHHHHH! ***DAMN IT! He's memorizing! There were times I literally stopped moving and just watched intently and then he'd finish and I'd start :rock_on: again!

Awesome. Youtube vid looks like they did the newer version of knocking on heavens door, like they did on the 2011 tour when i saw em. Really wish theyd do the ritz or live era version.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    aspoonfulweighsatonaspoonfulweighsaton Posts: 1,985
    edited June 2016
    I was at the show last night in DC and let me tell you, there's NO WAY anyone is going to be disappointed if they go to these shows. I saw them in 1993 and 2008, and this was light years beyond those. Axl sounds incredible and the band is tight. Seriously, if I could only see one band on one night it might just have to be GnR. Multiple nights I'd go PJ hands down.
  • Options
    Awesome.. btw choosing just one show to see is a tough thing.. go see GNR and Pearl Jam :) haha...

I will say the GNR show will be the most I've ever paid for tickets to anything....
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    FoxyRedLa said:

I'll second that one! Unreal show. I have a vid of the entire Godfather cover from about 25 rows back on the floor - dead center.

The Godfather

I was originally in section 112. My buddy went to the bathroom 2 songs into the set, comes back and says "Dude, some guy just gave me these 5 floor seats and wristbands - said he couldn't sell'em on stubhub." It was like winning the lottery.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    ambst95ambst95 Posts: 125
    I'll be at the Philly show. still no opener yet. I watched a little on periscope the other night when they were in DC and got too excited. I had to turn it off to avoid spoiling anything. They sounded on.
    2003: 4/26 Pittsburgh, PA
    2008: 6/20 Camden, NJ
    2009: 10/28 Philadelphia, PA
    2013: 10/22 Philadelphia, PA; 10/27 Baltimore, MD
    2016: 4/20/ Raleigh, NC; 4/28 Philadelphia, PA; 4/29 Philadelphia, PA; 8/20 Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Wolfmother is opening in Philly, nice!
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Wish it was Skid Row.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Jacked up for some GNR and AIC tonight!!!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    Saw AIC and GNR Friday night. Great show all around.

GNR basically playing the same setlist every night. 1-2 differences but that's it.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

GNR basically playing the same setlist every night. 1-2 differences but that's it.

no surprise, most bands do that. Playing different sets every night is the exception to the rule. Only a few bigger bands (Springsteen and PJ) seem to do that.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878

Wolfmother is opening in Philly, nice!

heard that on WMMR the other, pretty cool. Would go but tix were so damn expensive!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Amazing show last night. Slash absolutely owned the stage.
  • Options
    They still haven't announced the Seattle opener yet. Finally sold my last pair of Seattle tickets (below face value :( ). I'll give GNR credit for pricing tickets so high that it made scalping virtually impossible. The downside was I've never had a such a hard time trying to ditch good tickets at face value before. It's crazy. Lost money on my extra tickets, but in the grand scheme of the universe it's not that bad.. just happy to be rid of them, and now I can look forward to the show.
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285
    Zod said:

no surprise, most bands do that. Playing different sets every night is the exception to the rule. Only a few bigger bands (Springsteen and PJ) seem to do that.
    Radiohead mixes it up pretty well also.
  • Options
    mr bungle said:

Zod said:

Haven't seen Radiohead yet....

In all the hundreds of concerts I've been too there's way more Metallica/Foo Fighters/Elton John/Aerosmith/AC DC/GNR/U2/Motley Crue's out there than PJ/Springsteen/Radioheads.

That's not a bad thing. Pearl Jam play's completely different shows, so if you want a good slice of the tour your seeing, you want to see multiple shows. Most of those other bands I can see once on a tour, even once every couple of tours, because they play the same thing. I don't feel like I'm missing much if I miss a show from one of my favorite bands that plays the same thing every night.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Zod said:

mr bungle said:

Zod said:

Haven't seen Radiohead yet....

In all the hundreds of concerts I've been too there's way more Metallica/Foo Fighters/Elton John/Aerosmith/AC DC/GNR/U2/Motley Crue's out there than PJ/Springsteen/Radioheads.

That's not a bad thing. Pearl Jam play's completely different shows, so if you want a good slice of the tour your seeing, you want to see multiple shows. Most of those other bands I can see once on a tour, even once every couple of tours, because they play the same thing. I don't feel like I'm missing much if I miss a show from one of my favorite bands that plays the same thing every night.
    this is true, however, PJ has spoiled other bands for me. Another band I love, the Headstones, I saw 3 times in the same number of days. lead singer said the same shit to the crowd every night, same setlist, he'd yell out "what do you wanna hear?" about a millisecond before the guitarist starts into something. same catchphrase that he says all the time to every crowd. even in interviews on radio stations "you know, I love (insert current city), this city embraced us from the very beginning". hate that shit. be REAL. you're supposed to be punk rock. punk is supposed to be as real and no BS as it gets. it's more of a "show" than a concert experience. I won't be seeing them multiple times ever again.

the other band in my top 3, however, The Watchmen, do mix it up, which is great. But they don't play enough to follow.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    halvhalv Posts: 680
    JK_Livin said:

Wish it was Skid Row.

If they had Sebastian Bach back that would be amazing! First time I saw skid Row was way back and they were opening for Bon Jovi. They were soooo much better than Bon Jovi. I haven't seen them since.