Options

Philly Travel to Tweeter

tenininumeetenininumee Posts: 6
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
We're staying at the Raddison and trying to decide the best way - other than driving - to the Tweeter Center. Options are cab, Septa to Penn's Landing then the River Ferry or Septa to Patco to the rail line to the Center. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, if any other Jammers are staying at the Raddison a car pool would work as well.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    Well, I'm not too familiar with this area yet, but I am pretty sure my friends and I are doing the ferry after we park in Philly. The trouble with Patco, from what I gather, is that it takes you a few blocks from the venue. And quite honestly, I don't want to step foot off of the premises unless it's to get back on the ferry! :) If the line to get back over after the show is horrendous, we'll probably just split a cab.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 286
    Take Septa to Market/2nd and walk a few blocks to the River Ferry.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    13PJ13 wrote:
    Well, I'm not too familiar with this area yet, but I am pretty sure my friends and I are doing the ferry after we park in Philly. The trouble with Patco, from what I gather, is that it takes you a few blocks from the venue. And quite honestly, I don't want to step foot off of the premises unless it's to get back on the ferry! :) If the line to get back over after the show is horrendous, we'll probably just split a cab.

I would think there would be plenty of people walking to the subway line. At least enough that you'd feel safe. I did the walk alone for 2003 and it was fine and really, really convenient. The only problem was when I got off in Philly and these guys were threatening to shoot a guy who ran across the street a few feet from me. I put my head down and walked as fast as I could!
  • Options
    imfaithfulimfaithful Posts: 106
    take the ferry..its fun and fashionable!
    I LOVE THIS BAND

"If some guy's not really giving me a reaction, I'll try and fucking get a reaction out of him. And I feed off of that. I go crazy. In a good way."-Mike McCready

www.myspace.com/lovethejam