Options

The Pearl Jam 2016 Poster Experience!

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852
    I went with 30 with the EMEK lottery.

http://www.livescience.com/28219-holocene-epoch.html

"Many scientists believe we are in the midst of a sixth mass extinction event caused by ourselves. Based on population numbers required to maintain genetic viability; it is estimated that as many as 30 percent of plant and animal species may become extinct within the next 100 years."

It'll probably be some other #.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    shecky said:

my2hands said:

my2hands said:

my2hands said:

100 Pacer said:

my2hands said:

I have always wondered how many posters are actually printed for an average PJ show?

500? 700? 1000?

my guess would be 1,000... 100-200 to the artist... 100-200 online... 50-100 for archives... 500 for the show

does anybody have any info or educated guess on these numbers?

I would tweak that a little:

Ames & Brad are allotted 200 to be signed as AP while other artists are allotted 100 to be signed as AP. The band archives 50 while 10C is allotted 250 for sale. 800 sold at the show.
    So you're thinking 1300-1500?
    1800 were sold at the philly show.. Someone tweeted the photo of the posters being delivered.
    See 2 posts above lol
    Yes. I meant to add to it.

I know other artists don't get the actual print at the show. They have others made up for their AP's.

Where's BK? I'm sure he could weigh in on this.
    That's the first time I'm hearing that... I assumed everything was printed at the same time except for special circumstances, for example I think Klausen got permission to reprint the SLC 2009 print since it didn't turn out to his liking in the 1st run?
    I'm pretty sure that all of the posters are all printed at the same time, too.
    It would be cost prohibitive to do a run of just 100-200 posters, they get the best price when printing large quantities like 2,000 posters.
    If 1,800 are available at the concert than I would guess that 100 are kept for the band and/or Ten Club and the other 100 go to the artist as part of his/her compensation.

I thought it was odd too that the artists would print them up again but I assure you it has happened multiple times.
  • Options
    eRock10eRock10 Posts: 118
    edited June 2016
    EM194007 said:

Anyone else not get a shipping confirmation on their ft lauderdale? I got the first saying its was on its way to the warehouse or whatever but nothing since.

Might want to contact them. I received the your order is in queue for shipping (with tracking #) e-mail on May 26, and my poster was delivered today.
    Maybe mine is on the porch too.. With my tampa bootleg I didn't get the shipping confirmation until a week after I got it in the mail lol
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    demetrios said:

I went with 30 with the EMEK lottery.

http://www.livescience.com/28219-holocene-epoch.html

"Many scientists believe we are in the midst of a sixth mass extinction event caused by ourselves. Based on population numbers required to maintain genetic viability; it is estimated that as many as 30 percent of plant and animal species may become extinct within the next 100 years."

It'll probably be some other #.

Interesting choice. So many different #'s it could be. Good Luck!!!

Now if they just don't leave us hanging all day or longer.
  • Options

Maybe mine is on the porch too.. With my tampa bootleg I didn't get the shipping confirmation until a week after I got it in the mail lol

Hope it is.
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    they played Ten front to back

10 could be the emek number

:)
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    or 17 for the age of the murdered gorilla?
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,962
    or 13 for the number of animals hunted to extinction
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I went with 65, since it had been that many million years since the dinosaur extinction.
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    I didn't even think about researching anything about the poster. I went with 19 for my little brothers birthday. He's not yet extinct so he's probably not on Emek's radar.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
    I went with one since he said it 1 per person
    the Minions
  • Options
    TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,139
    I just figured that the 1st person to guess each number got that numbered print.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • Options
    eRock10eRock10 Posts: 118
    EM194007 said:

Hope it is.
    On the porch she was, good way to end the work day
  • Options

On the porch she was, good way to end the work day

Great to hear.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,937
    Kinda surprised the Greenville poster is still available. Figured it would be gone by now.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:

Kinda surprised the Greenville poster is still available. Figured it would be gone by now.

I guess that is a love it or hate it print...maybe enough in the "hate it" camp for it to not sell out quickly....probably in line with Tampa
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,304
    I won the emek! #26
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,432
    wwsuicide said:

I won the emek! #26

Congratulations! Haven't heard that one guessed yet...
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    wwsuicide said:

I won the emek! #26

Congrats!!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    ah, I had 28
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852
    wwsuicide said:

I won the emek! #26

Congrats!!
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    wwsuicide said:

I won the emek! #26

hmmm wonder if it was 26, because of this? Really there were a ton of options!

"In terms of how humans have contributed, three major factors include the increased global concentration of greenhouse gases, affecting the global climate; oceanic devastation, such as through overfishing and contamination; and the modification and destruction of vast tracts of land and river systems around the world to meet solely human-centered ends (with 13 percent of Earth's ice-free land surface now used as row-crop agricultural sites, 26 percent used as pastures, and 4 percent urban-industrial areas), thus ruining the local ecosystems."
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,432

wwsuicide said:

I won the emek! #26

"In terms of how humans have contributed, three major factors include the increased global concentration of greenhouse gases, affecting the global climate; oceanic devastation, such as through overfishing and contamination; and the modification and destruction of vast tracts of land and river systems around the world to meet solely human-centered ends (with 13 percent of Earth's ice-free land surface now used as row-crop agricultural sites, 26 percent used as pastures, and 4 percent urban-industrial areas), thus ruining the local ecosystems."
    Yeah I'm curious to know what the reasoning is, will probably annoy me more though in the end. haha
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I think its just a random number. Not a riddle
  • Options
    wwsuicide said:

I won the emek! #26

Congrats
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    MayDay10 said:

in the past, there has been a reason. That's how I won the Portland AP.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    wwsuicide said:

I won the emek! #26

Congratulations
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    MayDay10 said:

It is so not random and I hate it. If you're going to do a lottery, just take it completely out of my hands dammit! Otherwise, let me take my chances with the buy button. I don't want to beat myself up afterwards for not going with my original number pick. :cry:
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,304

wwsuicide said:

I won the emek! #26

There were 2 winning numbers. 8 and 26. This is the 8th poster that he has done for Pearl Jam and there are 26 species that are depicted in the poster. I counted them and guessed. Really crazy that happened but Im pretty stoked about it!