Options

Amongst the Waves for Adam in Toronto 5/10

My sister and I have been PJ fans since high school and have dreamed of one day standing front row in the GA section for a show. Over 20 shows later and my sis managed to get GA tix through 10 club. Amazing...it was finally going to happen. As hard as it would have been for us to believe back in '96 at our first PJ show, there are thing much more important than GA at a PJ show. My sister's brother-in-law, Adam, who less than a year ago was awarded Southern Ontario Special Olympics Athlete of the Year was recently diagnosed with esophageal and liver cancer. He took a turn for the worse last night. He is an inspirational young man and it hurts to see what he is going though. My sister and brother in law will not be at the show on May 10 for obvious reasons. The family wants some private time, so I will still attend, however as per 10C rules, my sis would have to pick up her tix which of course won't happen. So I managed to get a ticket online behind the stage.

I was at the show in Quebec City and often thought about Adam during the show. I certainly have realized the healing power of music. If some how Amongst the Waves makes it onto the set list night, I will be recording it (against the rules I know) from section 115 behind the stage and sharing it with my sis, brother-in-law and family for a much needed lift in spirits.

Thanks PJ for sharing your healing power!

Comments

• Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Whole-heartedly support this and my prayers for Adam and your family
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    May this happen.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    frozen rozenfrozen rozen Posts: 191
    Sending positive vibes your way!
    9-21-96 Toronto
    8-22-98 Barrie
    10-5-00 Toronto
    6-28-03 Toronto
    9-12-05 London, 9-13-05 Hamilton, 9-19-05 Toronto
    5-9-06 Toronto, 5-10-06 Toronto
    6-24-08 MSG, 6-25-08 MSG, 8-12-08 EV, 8-13-08 EV
    8-21-09 Toronto
    5-09-10 Cleveland, 5-10-10 Buffalo
    9-3-11 Pj20, 9-4-11 Pj20, 9-11-11 Toronto, 9-12-11 Toronto, 9-15-11 Hamilton
    7-16-13 London
    10-16-14 Detroit
    5-1-16 MSG, 5-2-16 MSG, 5-10-16 Toronto, 5-11-16 Toronto, 8-5-16 Fenway, 8-7-16 Fenway 
    9-4-18 Fenway 
    9-3-22 Ottawa, 9-6-22 Hamilton, 9-8-22 Toronto 
  • Options
    DeamonDeamon Posts: 153
    ns267053 said:

My sister and I have been PJ fans since high school and have dreamed of one day standing front row in the GA section for a show. Over 20 shows later and my sis managed to get GA tix through 10 club. Amazing...it was finally going to happen. As hard as it would have been for us to believe back in '96 at our first PJ show, there are thing much more important than GA at a PJ show. My sister's brother-in-law, Adam, who less than a year ago was awarded Southern Ontario Special Olympics Athlete of the Year was recently diagnosed with esophageal and liver cancer. He took a turn for the worse last night. He is an inspirational young man and it hurts to see what he is going though. My sister and brother in law will not be at the show on May 10 for obvious reasons. The family wants some private time, so I will still attend, however as per 10C rules, my sis would have to pick up her tix which of course won't happen. So I managed to get a ticket online behind the stage.

I was at the show in Quebec City and often thought about Adam during the show. I certainly have realized the healing power of music. If some how Amongst the Waves makes it onto the set list night, I will be recording it (against the rules I know) from section 115 behind the stage and sharing it with my sis, brother-in-law and family for a much needed lift in spirits.

Thanks PJ for sharing your healing power!

Do you not look enough like her to use her ID and pick up the tickets?
    1998: Vancouver 7/19
    2005: Calgary 9/4
    2009: Calgary 8/8, San Diego 10/9
    2011: Calgary 9/21, Edmonton 9/23, Vancouver 9/25
    2012: Missoula 9/30
    2013: Calgary 12/2
    2014: Amsterdam1 6/16, Amsterdam2 6/17, Trieste 6/22, Berlin 6/26
    2016: Ottawa 5/8, Toronto 5/10, Toronto2 5/12
    2019: Dusseldorf 6/30 (EV)
    2022: Sacramento 5/18
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    I support this completely. I really hope you get this song for you and your family. There is no doubt that the power of music has the ability to heal at times. My prayers go out to Adam and your family. I hope in the long run everything ends up turning out for the better.
  • Options
    Lets give this a bump from time to time. Like I said before, these requests I believe should take priority over all others. Lets get this request in, and recorded for Adam and the family.
  • Options
    ns267053ns267053 Posts: 4
    Wow - 10Club comes through - they transfered the tickets to me from my sis' account. Pearl Jam = greatest band int he world... won't be the same without my fam there, but still hoping for Amongst the Waves for Adam.

Thanks for all the wishes!
  • Options
    That is amazing to hear. This band and fan club does such an amazing job to take care of the fans. With these kind of wheels set in motion, I would be surprised if you don't get Amongst the Waves at this point.
  • Options
    Couple of hours till show time. Good luck on Amongst the Waves. Cheers bud.
  • Options
    mrluthor9mrluthor9 Posts: 264
    Somehow I have a feeling you will hear this one...best of luck!
    All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives,.....choosing the shiny ones instead,......
  • Options
    Will you be at tonight's show?
  • Options
    Even if you aren't there, hopefully someone at the show if Ed and the band are able to play the request will record it and upload it to youtube, I still remember Ed's story about paddle boarding out to Toronto Island, and it is a really good sing along that is right in the sweet spot of Eddie's vocal, so I hope it happens for Adam.

Riding high amongst the waves
    I can feel like I Have a soul that has been saved
    I can see the light Coming through the clouds in rays

I gotta say it now
    Better loud than too late

• Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,184
    Good luck mate.
    Great song. Can't hear it enough.
    Hope you get it.
  • Options
    maverick said:

Good luck mate.
    Great song. Can't hear it enough.
    Hope you get it.

I agree, especially with a packed house and the whole crowd singing, because it has really easy lyrics to remember
  • Options
    ns267053ns267053 Posts: 4
    Thanks for your wishes everyone... of course PJ can't fulfill every request... the positive energy from all of you has had the same effect that the song would have... thank you