Options

A Musicians and Gearheads Collaboration?

Comments

• Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964

ehbacon said:

No rush everyone, just dislocated my left shoulder, gonna be awhile until i can play guitar again :/

Damn! That is terrible man, hope you heal up fast! We gotcha more than covered. Stay in touch when you're back in action.
    I can play by the weekend so I'm good if you all are ready!
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Yep, just waiting to see what Dewie finds and see what you all like the best.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Hey all, I'm jumping ship on my own idea. Seemed like a cool idea last month. I'm wrapping up my job for the summer in a few weeks and what interest/drive I had in music again has dwindled. See you all around the bend!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    :(
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    jimmy quit, jody got married...
  • Options
    Mignelli14Mignelli14 Posts: 626
    If this ever comes up from the grave and y'all are still looking for a drummer I'd love to be part! If it's logistically possible lol. But I can be there in spirit for sure!
  • Options
    Ah, what a difference 6 weeks makes! Trying to get back in the groove again here guys & gals. Who's up for another stab at this?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    sure!
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    Just got through this thread, and it sounds like a really cool idea. Having done something similar with the guys I used to play in a band with, I've found that a great resource for this type of sharing is using a Google Drive account. The first 10 GB of storage is free, and sharing/access control is easy. We always like to have one final copy, and one working copy that people can import and make changes to. Also, we like to have the isolated track as it's own separate file, that way we can import single tracks to ProTools when doing a final mix. Seems to work really well.

Also, I'd be down to add some bass/acoustic guitar/electric guitar/tambo - whatever. If you'd like me to set up a share on my Google Drive, I'd be happy to do so, just PM me your email. I'll set up a folder and throw in the cover of Cinnamon Girl that me and the guys I play with recorded live during our practice on Friday. (Be kind, first time we ever played it together!)
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    I'll throw out a rhythm track this week. I use Garageband and will mix down a decent res file for the next person to pick up and add stuff too. Lets pass it around one at a time and just add whatever you want. I don't tend to keep notes on chords or anything so you'll have to play by ear. Seems like we have a few people interested anyway.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

I use Garageband

ew
  • Options
    ehbacon said:

I use Garageband

ew
    Oh you would have loved my last recording set up. Tascam tape 4 track. Lets be glad I use Garageband! Haha!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited June 2016

ehbacon said:

I use Garageband

ew
    Oh you would have loved my last recording set up. Tascam tape 4 track. Lets be glad I use Garageband! Haha!!
    you should use Reaper, it's what I use and it works really nice. do you have a mic?

my entire recording setup cost like $150 and I get really nice sound for it
  • Options
    ehbacon said:

ehbacon said:

I use Garageband

ew
    you should use Reaper, it's what I use and it works really nice. do you have a mic?

my entire recording setup cost like $150 and I get really nice sound for it
    That's awesome! Yep, I have around 8 different mics for different purposes. Sure SM57 and 58, some condenser mics, a few EV Cobalt instrument mics, kick drum mic, etc., I have a Mackie 1202-VLZ3 12 channel mixer that I use to record all 'live' instruments' like acoustic, drums/percussion. I also use it to mic my amps on occasion, though I just prefer to direct 'line in' if I'm using my Les Paul from my Fender out to my iMac.

I think I have something for us to start on if you all are keen. This particular track I didn't use any mics, just the outboard mic on my iMac to record the acoustic guitar. I was in a hurry that day to just record something. I have a ton of unfinished songs/ideas to choose from if this doesn't work out. On this track I have a drum loop on it for guidance. So I was thinking we could get this completely worked up as an instrumental and then throw it over to my buddy Matt for vocals or Rollings who volunteered last month to write/sing on whatever we come up with. That would be the final recording part(s) before you all e-mail me your tracks and I put it all together.

So, we need a bass track, live drums and percussion, some lead work and perhaps a proper guitar solo. ehbacon, how about you do some guitar work on this first. Once you get a track you are satisfied with, mix that track down as an mp3 track and e-mail it to me. I'll contact a few of you on here via PM about doing some stuff with this.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Ah, dammit, the idea I had is gone. Can't find it anywhere. Here are two I think we should try instead. First one...

www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Second one...

www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Second one...

This is dynamite!!
  • Options

Second one...

This is dynamite!!
    I manually crafted a drum track - and played to it. It's not perfect, but I think it'll clean up nicely!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    On second thought all, Mignelli is going to get drums on it first and then we'll proceed from there with ehbacon adding some lead work, I've contacted Dudeman about bass duties for this one, Rollings for vocals/lyrics, and Dewie for anything else he wants to add. Minnelli says it might take him a bit to get drums recorded, which is fine. No deadlines. Just fun, hopefully! Let's give the "MG Collaboration (Electric and Drums #3) I posted above a shot!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Things are in motion - if the drummer is excited that's a good sign! Haha! Mignelli has the files and will keep me posted on his progress. Looking forward to seeing how this goes!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Nice!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    My contributions will all be recorded in a=432 hz
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

My contributions will all be recorded in a=432 hz

Haha!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    edited June 2016
    Oh damn, I so have words and a melody to that Christopher Lee 46. from accoustic 2013

well, not just finished and polished yet, but I certainly do and it certainly will, That sounds great. I love it
    Post edited by rollings on
  • Options

What do you guys think?

This one.

The melody jumps(and what will be the words) from this song so much that I thinks it's obvious and that everybody has got to be seeing it. I will record a rough draft of the melody going along with this song and rough draft of present words and the near or final words will meld in a week or so. Hope its ok with others that I take this part. Thank you so much!

I can't wait to listen to the other songs!!

I mean, they're right there
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Hey is it alright if I take the liberty of , what's the word, organizing the song a little as I hear it, like repeat a little part of that this here and there, stay longer on this part or that organized into neat verses chorus, bridge, etc, repeat?
    Post edited by rollings on
  • Options

What do you guys think?

this is and will be such a kick-ass song, it's not even funny.

Ok, I'll be quiet for a little bit now
  • Options
    rollings said:

What do you guys think?

this is and will be such a kick-ass song, it's not even funny.

Ok, I'll be quiet for a little bit now
    Glad you like this one Rollings! We're actually going to give "MG Collaboration (Electric and Drums #3)" a shot first. Mignelli is working on drums for it as we speak. If you want to explore and have some fun with Acoustic Demo 2013 too, go for it! You can manipulate, chop, edit, write, record whatever you'd like with it. Let me know if you'd like an mp3 of the song to work with.
    Chris-
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Haven't forgotten guys! Drums are being worked on. Recording soon.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Thanks for your patience everyone, I know I'm taking my time here but it is being worked on, I promise