My 2nd NYC story....."The Cab Ride"

So JTH and I had this trip to NYC planned for a couple months. Neither of our wives were none too happy, obviously because we were leaving them behind! After arriving in NYC and doing a full day of sightseeing, we head to the hotel and take an hour nap. Now it is time to hit Times Square and have a couple of beverages. My game plan is, if the bar has an Irish name, then we go in and have a beverage. Well, stupid me doesn't realize that there are 1,473 Irish pubs in NYC. Hahahaha

We started off good, and were watching our spending, we would have a pint in one bar, then head down the street to another bar for a pint. This went on for about 2 hours, and then things started to get fun. I no longer was keeping track of my spending, as my credit card soon left my pocket and we ended up on some rooftop bar ordering double shots of vodka, along with some jaeger (seemed like the right thing to do). After dropping $100 in about 30 minutes on this rooftop bar we decided to head elsewhere. We end up at another bar and JTH decided we need to drink a manhattan. When in Rome! A few more beverages are consumed, and we decided it was probably a good idea to start heading to the hotel.

Now here we are, 2 middle aged men who decided to take a nice 48 hour trip to NYC, to see our favorite band. 2 middle aged men who for 48 hours are going to escape the realities of work, wives, children, mortgage payments, etc. 2 middle aged me who are now stumbling down 7th ave, holding hands, trying not to fall down and get hit by a cab. We are causing no problems to anyone, we are just in our own little world, having a BALL! Soon we decide that we just cant walk anymore, we just cant do it! So we hail a cab. There is no way in hell we can walk the final distance to our hotel, a cab ride is our BEST BET. No doubt.

So we hailed the cab
We got in the cab
And the cab driver drove us 50-75 feet to our hotel.

Hahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    you never stood all day in the GA line? weird....
  • coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,434
    These stories just get better!
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,434
    edited May 2016
    Post edited by coco butter on
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788

It was literally a 75ft cab ride. I am not quite sure what we paid for that ride. $10? $15? I have no clue.

But it was a 75ft. cab ride.

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Shirking life's grind never cost so much, for such a short ride.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    So it's NYC. How long did the 75 ft ride take. 30 min with traffic??
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Hell Speedy I'd rather just tag along fuck the show after 40 shows I never have adventures like you ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    HAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• withflyingcolorswithflyingcolors CO Posts: 467
    hahahahaha that's awesome!
  • JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238

It was literally a 75ft cab ride. I am not quite sure what we paid for that ride. $10? $15? I have no clue.

I believe the fare was $13 and we gave the driver a $17 tip.
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    JTH said:

Honestly you're lucky he didn't take you on a joy ride around the island. You're also lucky you got a cab to pick you up if you were in that much of a state :lol:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    ldent42 said:

JTH said:

Honestly you're lucky he didn't take you on a joy ride around the island. You're also lucky you got a cab to pick you up if you were in that much of a state :lol:
    We were still coherent, to a certain extent. We knew damned well the hotel was close. Cab driver never would have gotten away with a joy ride.
  • JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238

ldent42 said:

JTH said:

We were still coherent, to a certain extent. We knew damned well the hotel was close. Cab driver never would have gotten away with a joy ride.
    Yep.

We knew EXACTLY where we were. We also knew... OK, *I* also knew that there was no way in hell I was taking another step towards that hotel.
    JTH said:

ldent42 said:

JTH said:

Yep.

We knew EXACTLY where we were. We also knew... OK, *I* also knew that there was no way in hell I was taking another step towards that hotel.
    Yes we did. Hell, we could have still put 4-5 beers in us.
    We were just thoroughly exhausted.
    A long day.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    The best hangover cure........SPEEDY stories!
    JC29856 said:

The best hangover cure........SPEEDY stories!

Haha!
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    edited May 2016
    JTH said:

ldent42 said:

JTH said:

Yep.

Cheers! :)

Classic SPEEDY, I love it.
    Sorry I missed you in Lexington.
    Post edited by QuarterToTen on
    Nice shirt.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    haha
    rick1zoo2 said:

haha

Booze