Options

*** OFFICIAL Lexington Roll Call!!! ***

Comments

• Options
    Motown322Motown322 Posts: 465
    edited April 2016
    christoc said:

Anyone have any tips for trying to get into the Hilton? I should have booked long ago, I realize this :D

I'm sure you've already done this, but try calling the hotel directly and not bothering with the website. I completely lucked out about 3.5 weeks ago... I'd been checking the Hilton website every day to see if anything opened up. Went on one random Tuesday and a room immediately pops up so I fly through the online process and book the room. Once I get the email confirmation I find that I booked a room for that night instead of Tuesday the 26th. I called the hotel and explained that I mistakenly booked for the wrong night and I needed to cancel. The girl on the phone asked what night I needed, I told her, and she changed the reservation and got me confirmed for the 26th. Complete random dumb luck, I know.

My point is they may have a block of rooms that they're not showing as available on the site. Also, as the show gets closer I'm sure there's people that have multiple reservations that'll end up cancelling so I wouldn't panic just yet.

Post edited by Motown322 on
  • Options
    christocchristoc St. Louis, MO Posts: 9
    Motown322 said:

I'm sure you've already done this, but try calling the hotel directly and not bothering with the website. I completely lucked out about 3.5 weeks ago... I'd been checking the Hilton website every day to see if anything opened up. Went on one random Tuesday and a room immediately pops up so I fly through the online process and book the room. Once I get the email confirmation I find that I booked a room for that night instead of Tuesday the 26th. I called the hotel and explained that I mistakenly booked for the wrong night and I needed to cancel. The girl on the phone asked what night I needed, I told her, and she changed the reservation and got me confirmed for the 26th. Complete random dumb luck, I know.

My point is they may have a block of rooms that they're not showing as available on the site. Also, as the show gets closer I'm sure there's people that have multiple reservations that'll end up cancelling so I wouldn't panic just yet.

Thanks, I've been calling them and trying, but no dice yet. I'll keep trying for sure.
    St. Louis - 14
    Lexington - 16
    Fenway - 16 (missed)
    St. Louis - 22
  • Options
    juanceraolojuanceraolo Argentina Posts: 19
    edited April 2016
    Family, be prepared: I smell this show will have something unique. The previous show is in a "festival situation", if you know what I mean... Then they will jump to this personal gig, huge contrast. Also, keep in mind is the second time they have 2 days for resting. And first time they played whole VS album in South Carolina.

Im totally eager to be there!! Guess it will deserve a fukin bad hangover.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

Family, be prepared: I smell this show will have something unique. The previous show is in a "festival situation", if you know what I mean... Then they will jump to this personal gig, huge contrast. Also, keep in mind is the second time they have 2 days for resting. And first time they played whole VS album in South Carolina.

Im totally eager to be there!! Guess it will deserve a fukin bad hangover.

yeah I thought about this too....2 days off after a festival...I agree this show could be epic

on a side note I just hope the cancelling of a show hangover subsides in a week...Hampton vibe I heard was awkward from some people in attendance

• Options
    HoosierJamHoosierJam Posts: 104
    it baffles me how certain people can go from bashing the band in other posts to ooh the excitement for this show and how great it could be. Out of personal respect for those people, I won't call them out directly. but if you're calling out the band for being hypocrites and truly standing up for their beliefs no matter the consequences, then you should do the same!
    nothing as it seems.....
  • Options
    edited April 2016

it baffles me how certain people can go from bashing the band in other posts to ooh the excitement for this show and how great it could be. Out of personal respect for those people, I won't call them out directly. but if you're calling out the band for being hypocrites and truly standing up for their beliefs no matter the consequences, then you should do the same!

I called them out and im not excited right now to be honest...ill throw myself under the bus

above I stated the show "could" be epic, but for me right now im bummed for those that got the shaft..it was a bogus move on the bands part, but we aren't going to start a conversation in this particular thread about that issue as it has been beat to death in other post (including myself)

in a week im sure ill be joyous again and over the politics of it all as I pack the car and get on the road with a better understanding of the bigger picture

Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options
    DSTRUBDSTRUB Posts: 290
    This show will be epic, because I get to attend. That's how I feel about every show I attend!
    2013= Wrigley 1, Dallas, OKC
    2014= Amsterdam 1&2, St. Louis, Lincoln, Detroit, Moline, Denver
    2015= Mexico City
    2016= Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Lexington, MSG1, Fenway1, Wrigley 2&3
    2017= EV @ Ohana
    2018= London 1, Boarderline, Seattle 1&2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 4&5
  • Options
    I hear ya man. I would not like to kill the excitement for Lexington that most probably have. Just an observation that sometimes people should take a little time to think through what they say instead of making snap emotional comments or get fired up by the mob. Case in point, probably why the decision to cancel came so late. A very wise person once said to me, "being mad is a choice. what people do to you may upset you, hurt your feelings, etc. but being mad about it is your choice. there are other ways to deal with it." either way, enjoy the show
    nothing as it seems.....
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    DSTRUB said:

This show will be epic, because I get to attend. That's how I feel about every show I attend!

:lol: I love this!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options

I hear ya man. I would not like to kill the excitement for Lexington that most probably have. Just an observation that sometimes people should take a little time to think through what they say instead of making snap emotional comments or get fired up by the mob. Case in point, probably why the decision to cancel came so late. A very wise person once said to me, "being mad is a choice. what people do to you may upset you, hurt your feelings, etc. but being mad about it is your choice. there are other ways to deal with it." either way, enjoy the show

completely agree!!! I needed to read that..thanks for the perspective

I cant lose focus of the experience, I mean hell its my birthday show and I get to travel to a city I have never been too, and be around awesome people that I have never met before.

• Options
    porchdwellerporchdweller Posts: 228
    edited April 2016
    If anyone needs tickets I have 4. Section 231, Row H. WIll split in pairs, but not singles. Face price is about 80 per ticket. Can do paypal and transfer via ticketbastard. I can't go due to work.

SOLD
    Post edited by porchdweller on
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • Options
    pjalive21 said:

completely agree!!! I needed to read that..thanks for the perspective

I cant lose focus of the experience, I mean hell its my birthday show and I get to travel to a city I have never been too, and be around awesome people that I have never met before.

That's what I love to hear, positivity! Enjoy the show and your birthday!!
    nothing as it seems.....
  • Options
    The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
    Guys, I have a good luck shirt that I had made. I have only worn it once in my life, and that was to the Greenville show. The next time I wear it will be for the Lexington show. Trust the good luck shirt!
    1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    Ok, today I started to get out of my "oh shit did that really just happen in Greenville" mode.

Now I'm pumped for this show once again! ONE WEEK!
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    The Akkus said:

Guys, I have a good luck shirt that I had made. I have only worn it once in my life, and that was to the Greenville show. The next time I wear it will be for the Lexington show. Trust the good luck shirt!

How did you know it was good luck before you wore it to Greenville? :)
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    fgdanzifgdanzi Posts: 136
    Play "Man of the Hour" or "Drifting" for my son Quintin! It's his second show, he was hooked after his first in STL last time around. He was bummed that he missed out on Greenville, that was date weekend for the wife and I. If he finishes the school year strong, he's going to one of the Wrigley shows as well! Can't wait until next week!
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,531
    Considering they are rolling into Philly and NYC after Lex, I see a few crazy gems getting played as a "let's work the kinks out of the songs before we get to the bigger cities"

And I'm 100% ok with this.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    is this the smallest venue they are playing on this tour or nah?
  • Options

Biggest as far as arenas are concerned

• Options
    Gibson said:

Considering they are rolling into Philly and NYC after Lex, I see a few crazy gems getting played as a "let's work the kinks out of the songs before we get to the bigger cities"

And I'm 100% ok with this.

this would be nice for sure! and considering they are coming off 2 days off and from a festival we could be in for a treat
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    pjalive21 said:

Biggest as far as arenas are concerned

oh shoooot, you're right!
  • Options
    The AkkusThe Akkus Posts: 1,093
    know1 said:

The Akkus said:

How did you know it was good luck before you wore it to Greenville? :)
    Lol I didn't. It took that show to make me realize that it was a good luck shirt!
    1998 - Noblesville * Knoxville
    2000 - Noblesville * Cincinnati * Columbus
    2003 - Lexington * East Troy * Noblesville* Columbus
    2006 - Cincinnati
    2008 - NYC night 1 * NYC night 2
    2009 - EV Solo Nashville
    2010 - Columbus * Noblesville * Cleveland
    2011 - East Troy night 1 * East Troy night 2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Greenville * Lexington
  • Options
    Rushboy2112Rushboy2112 Waupaca, WI Posts: 21
    edited April 2016

know1 said:

If you have any questions about it, I'm happy to answer them.

Know1 that is wonderful, thanks for all the information, read and watched it all, showing the post to my wife, I'm gonna bet we do exactly that. dress-up, drink, horses, she'll love it :)
    ok now getting down to the nitty-gritty -- Keeneland help please. Going on Wednesday, day after show. Restaurant tickets are sold out so that means Grandstand I assume? back of Section C or front of Section E? seem like enough restaurants to choose from even without a Restaurant Seat. anybody else going? thanks all
    Post edited by Rushboy2112 on
  • Options

know1 said:

Know1 that is wonderful, thanks for all the information, read and watched it all, showing the post to my wife, I'm gonna bet we do exactly that. dress-up, drink, horses, she'll love it :)
    ok now getting down to the nitty-gritty -- Keeneland help please. Going on Wednesday, day after show. Restaurant tickets are sold out so that means Grandstand I assume? back of Section C or front of Section E? seem like enough restaurants to choose from even without a Restaurant Seat. anybody else going? thanks all
    I'm going. You'll be fine. It's a lot more relaxed on a Wednesday. There will be plenty of food, although the first race doesn't start until 1:00, so you could eat before you get there.

• Options
    CosmoCramerCosmoCramer Posts: 566
    Just back home to Indy last night from Hampton. So ready for this Tuesday in Lexington.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    Am starting to get those anxious butterflies in my stomach. Shit is about to get real.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    know1 said:

know1 said:

I'm going. You'll be fine. It's a lot more relaxed on a Wednesday. There will be plenty of food, although the first race doesn't start until 1:00, so you could eat before you get there.
    Do we need to buy tickets ahead of time?
  • Options

know1 said:

know1 said:

Do we need to buy tickets ahead of time?
    No. You don't even have to have reserved tickets. You can just pay General Admission at the door ($3). I like the reserved tickets, though, because it gives you a guaranteed place to sit and I don't think they let just anyone sit in the reserved seats if they don't have a ticket - even if the seats are empty. You can buy the reserved seats at the door as well. The reserved seats cost $8 on a Wednesday and they include general admission. Other than the sections right at the finish line, it looks like most sections have many, many seats available for next Wednesday.

This past Saturday, there were 38,000 people there. That is WAY more people than they have seats for. You just can hang out near the paddock or down near the track or up inside the buildings if you don't have a seat.

• Options
    For those at Springhill having the pre- pre-party with their own imported craft beers, make sure you leave some time on your walk toward the arena/downtown to stop at one of our better local craft breweries - Country Boy.

It doesn't look like much inside or out, but the beer is good and it's almost right on the way. It's about half a block to the left of the road you'll be walking on. It's a little hard to spot. It's probably about the halfway point of your walk. It's on Chair Ave.

The Cougar Bait and the Shotgun Wedding are their two most popular beers. You can buy Cougar Bait at some stores in Lexington.

• Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    know1 said:

For those at Springhill having the pre- pre-party with their own imported craft beers, make sure you leave some time on your walk toward the arena/downtown to stop at one of our better local craft breweries - Country Boy.

It doesn't look like much inside or out, but the beer is good and it's almost right on the way. It's about half a block to the left of the road you'll be walking on. It's a little hard to spot. It's probably about the halfway point of your walk. It's on Chair Ave.

The Cougar Bait and the Shotgun Wedding are their two most popular beers. You can buy Cougar Bait at some stores in Lexington.

Does Cougar Bait lead into the Shotgun Wedding? ;)
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018