Options

W.M.A. (Full Song or Tag) at Lexington, KY Show

gdlaw001gdlaw001 Posts: 22
edited March 2016 in The Porch
As a PJ fan from the beginning I have always loved seeing them live. I have been to 6 shows 7 including the upcoming Lexington, KY Rupp Arena show. Vs. is my favorite album from PJ. I don't know if it's the energy of the album or if I am just getting older and listening to Vs. keeps me feeling young. It's more than likely both. The track W.M.A. is by far one of my top track from the album and I seem to miss it every time I see them live by PJ playing it one show before or one show after. When I am seeing PJ live and PJ are playing Daughter and they get are about to the tag section of the song I am begging them in my head to just play it as a tag and they never give me that tag satisfaction. Now watch my friends,, my luck they will tag "Satisfaction" by the Rolling Stones since I spoke the line "I can't get no Satisfaction". So, can you PJ fans help me out? I would shit my pants if they just played it once at a show I am attending that night. It would be very special to me if I could experience that song live just once... Thanks in advance...
Post edited by gdlaw001 on

Comments

• Options
    KCjamKCjam Posts: 135
    gdlaw001 said:

As a PJ fan from the beginning I have always loved seeing them live. I have been to 6 shows 7 including the upcoming Lexington, KY Rupp Arena show. Vs. is my favorite album from PJ. I don't know if it's the energy of the album or if I am just getting older and listening to Vs. keeps me feeling young. It's more than likely both. The track W.M.A. is by far one of my top track from the album and I seem to miss it every time I see them live by PJ playing it one show before or one show after. When I am seeing PJ live and PJ are playing Daughter and they get are about to the tag section of the song I am begging them in my head to just play it as a tag and they never give me that tag satisfaction. Now watch my friends,, my luck they will tag "Satisfaction" by the Rolling Stones since I spoke the line "I can't get no Satisfaction". So, can you PJ fans help me out? I would shit my pants if they just played it once at a show I am attending that night. It would be very special to me if I could experience that song live just once... Thanks in advance...

Man, I am certainly with you on this one! I have had the tag at least two times, but would love to get the full version! I had the tag in St. Louis in '14 in the midst of the Ferguson case and it was very powerful with Eddie, Repeating "Justice" like three times at the end of the tag. I have some bootlegs from '08 with the full version and they sound great.

So I am picking full version over tag. And since VS. is your favorite album, why not PJ just play VS. in full like No Code and Yield from 2014!
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    I would love to hear Daughter in to a full version of WMA. Hopefully you get your request and then they continue to play WMA throughout the rest of the tour.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Full version with drums intro not guitar like they did in 09 I believe
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    bbrinkebbrinke Posts: 98
    Good choice since the building is named after a racist
  • Options
    calvo17calvo17 Posts: 440
    Bump. W.M.A is a killer song. Way underrated
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there.
    11/20/11 San Jose, Costa Rica
    10/18/13 Brooklyn 1
    10/19/13 Brooklyn 2
    10/21/13 Philly 1
    10/22/13 Philly 2 (BREATH!!)
    10/25/13 Hartford
    10/22/14 Denver (BREATH!!!)
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    I'm with ya
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,833
    WMA is amazing. They need to play this song on this upcoming tour. Open up MSG Night I with it.
  • Options
    BenToadBenToad Posts: 39
    Since W.M.A. is the best pre Matt Cameron drumming on a Pearl Jam song how about a tag of the best Matt Cameron Non Pearl Jam drumming - Soundgarden's "Spoonman" as a tag into W.M.A. - I smile just dreaming about it.
  • Options
    BenToad said:

Since W.M.A. is the best pre Matt Cameron drumming on a Pearl Jam song how about a tag of the best Matt Cameron Non Pearl Jam drumming - Soundgarden's "Spoonman" as a tag into W.M.A. - I smile just dreaming about it.

BenToad said:

BenToad said:

Now this would be interesting to say the least. I am on board with it.
  • Options
    @BenToad I would love to see that happen. If anyone could pull that off, Matt would be the one. I just want to experience WMA once in my life live before me.
  • Options
    Okay guys, you played WMA in full at the Miami show, so we know you can do it in Lexington!!! I have heard that the crowd in Miami wanted Tremor Christ and the original setlist was set to play Rival and it was changed due to request. Lexington, request WMA.
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    gdlaw001 said:

Okay guys, you played WMA in full at the Miami show, so we know you can do it in Lexington!!! I have heard that the crowd in Miami wanted Tremor Christ and the original setlist was set to play Rival and it was changed due to request. Lexington, request WMA.

Bump
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    Yes. And I am really curious as to how that Miami version sounded? Anybody at the Miami show that can comment on this?
  • Options
    KCjam said:

Yes. And I am really curious as to how that Miami version sounded? Anybody at the Miami show that can comment on this?

Yes, I would be curious to hear reviews on Miami's full version of WMA as well... I'm sure it was spectacular! This could happen in Lexington.