Guns N' Roses Tour:

Comments

• myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855

Holy Shit! I just scored GA PIT tix at the $250 price level through a radio station pre sale!
    Fuck yeah!

$250 for GA.... Another reason to Love PJ ... I wouldn't sit through a GNR show if you paid me $250

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,919
    myoung321 said:

Holy Shit! I just scored GA PIT tix at the $250 price level through a radio station pre sale!
    Fuck yeah!

$250 for GA.... Another reason to Love PJ ... I wouldn't sit through a GNR show if you paid me $250

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 773
    edited April 2016
    Ha!
    Seriously though... if you wouldn't take $250 to sit through a GNR show, what f@ck are you trolling a GNR thread for?

Post edited by qontheboard on
  • RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    edited April 2016
    imageimage

Wow. What a great set list. Sprinkled in Wish You Were Here and Layla instrumentals.....cannot wait.

The Vegas shows were both outstanding with night 2 edging night 1. These were my 10th and 11th gnr shows, (one of which was nu gnr back in 2014).

axl's voice, delivery, and even his demeanor were amazing. it was pretty surreal seeing 3 of the guys up there. fortus does a great job on rhythm and plays very well off of slash w/the shared solos. was not impressed w/ferrer, not enough groove-too many fills.

i believe the tour will be massively successful if axl keeps taking his meds. if your on the fence, wait for production drops a few days before the show and you will get great seats at face.

rftc
    Post edited by RFTC on
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
    TL170678 said:

If this is going to be in regular rotation I believe I am going to the Cincy show.....I am very impressed in how great Axl sounded, but even more so that Slash nailed every single note of Estranged and Coma...Estranged has not sounded right since 1993.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkFPE5E_rlQ&nohtml5=False

the group i was with on nt 1 were slackjawed when duffs opening bass lines started. people rag on the illusions albums but they have songs that are epic, timeless and if they combined into 1 album would be considered on a par w/afd but for entirely different reasons.
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,073
    Yah I love the acoustic songs on Lies and I really like the UYI albums too. UYI 2 is my favourie of the two. I can crank that one front to back anytime :) I feel GNR was defintely more than a one album band. I consider Appetite, Lies, and UYI I and II to all be strong material. Spaghetti Incident... it had some moments...
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,919
    How does the CD material sound?

Does Melissa (?) add anything?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

How does the CD material sound?

Does Melissa (?) add anything?

this i love is very strong, you tube either nights performance. better is getting tweaked for slash, nt 2's version was better. i think they will add twat, and maybe 1 other for the main tour.

melissa adds energy and diversity :)
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    RKCNDY said:

I got nosebleed seats, this is my 'birthday show' this year!

Same here for the Philly show.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Ah! We watched the Angus steak bit earlier. Medium-rare and lovely.

Also came upon this - goddamn, I wish Shannon were still here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sSDwA1cq04
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,680
    three shows in (discounting the club show), and they seem to be really bringing it.

Gonna be a lot of disappointed folk who were desperate for it to fall flat
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,636
    Yeah im loving the youtube links. Slash is playing the songs better than he did back then and Axl is sounding better than he has in forever
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Starting to cave....

Anyone have an extra GA pit for Seattle?
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,895
    pdalowsky said:

three shows in (discounting the club show), and they seem to be really bringing it.

Gonna be a lot of disappointed folk who were desperate for it to fall flat

Let's see how the AC-DC tour goes first, haha.

But honestly, there is so much money to be made from these GnR shows, I can't see anything bad happening to cause a cancellation. My only concern would be Axl's voice holding up. 12 shows with AC-DC, 20 shows with GnR, then 10 more with AC-DC. If I had to bet, those final 10 US dates with AC-DC would be the ones to be worried about.

• pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Additional Chicago, Boston, New York and LA shows added. Yes! Need to get July 3rd Chicago tix since i couldn't go to the july 1 show.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    Bummed that the pre-sale code doesn't work for this new round of shows. Obviously an LA show being announced after Coachella was inevitable, but you'd think they'd make the pre-sale available to everyone who paid since these shows weren't previously announced, even if you bought tix last round.
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    I saw their two Vegas shows... THEY WERE INCREDIBLE!!! After those shows, the Columbia PJ show sucked... and I only want to see GnR! Axl sounded better than I've ever heard his voice sound on any speakers/headphones/vinyl, etc... and Slash... oh Slash! I love a guitar player that has such a great sound, and focuses on his solos, unlike another lead who spends 99% of his time pointing at the crowd and missing solos... Columbia sucked, I need MORE GnR and way less RITFW/BABA/YLB closers every single night
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,903
    OK, we get it. You don't like PJ anymore. Move along.
    kasedoug said:

Bummed that the pre-sale code doesn't work for this new round of shows. Obviously an LA show being announced after Coachella was inevitable, but you'd think they'd make the pre-sale available to everyone who paid since these shows weren't previously announced, even if you bought tix last round.

The fan club presale tickets kind of sucked. I got way better tickets in the CITI presale, LiveNation Presale and regular onsale. Is there a CITI presale again? That worked well last time. I think the code was CITI and you checked out with VISA checkout if you don't actually have a CITI card.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    pjtaper said:

I saw their two Vegas shows... THEY WERE INCREDIBLE!!! After those shows, the Columbia PJ show sucked... and I only want to see GnR! Axl sounded better than I've ever heard his voice sound on any speakers/headphones/vinyl, etc... and Slash... oh Slash! I love a guitar player that has such a great sound, and focuses on his solos, unlike another lead who spends 99% of his time pointing at the crowd and missing solos... Columbia sucked, I need MORE GnR and way less RITFW/BABA/YLB closers every single night

Yea Richie Sambora is known for missing solos...
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    July 3rd tix purchased. Hell yeah!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    kasedoug said:

Scratch that. Looks like they amended it and are letting people buy another pair now. Wish I could act this week. Tough with the MSG trip at the end of the week.
    Alice in Chains opening in Chicago, Hell Yeah!!!
    Googled that.. they still have announced who's opening the Seattle date yet. Hopefully it's someone decent so it'll help move tickets. I'm still kind of stuck with two extra pairs :(
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,280
    Zod said:

Googled that.. they still have announced who's opening the Seattle date yet. Hopefully it's someone decent so it'll help move tickets. I'm still kind of stuck with two extra pairs :(

Yeah there are entire sections available for Seattle on TM.. No one's complaining about brokers/scalpers for this tour.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Zod said:

Good luck. I also have a spare for the first East Rutherford show. Got an unsympathetic ticketmaster agent who wouldn't give me a refund :angry:
    mr bungle said:

Zod said:

Yeah there are entire sections available for Seattle on TM.. No one's complaining about brokers/scalpers for this tour.
    yah I guess that's the thing. gnr actually charged for tickets what tickets are worth (maybe a little higher in some places). Doesn't leave any room for scalpers (as you do when you sell tickets below market value). The downside is to sell them at face value, you have to add 10% on stubhub, nearly 25 percent on ticketbastard (unless you can find someone local who wants to buy them). They're expensive tickets. I'll probably end up selling the worse pair for face (which cause me to loose money)...assuming someone grab's em. hopefully i break even on the spare pit tickets.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Suziemay said:

Zod said:

Good luck. I also have a spare for the first East Rutherford show. Got an unsympathetic ticketmaster agent who wouldn't give me a refund :angry:
    Call back until you find an agent that will
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,280
    Zod said:

mr bungle said:

Zod said:

yah I guess that's the thing. gnr actually charged for tickets what tickets are worth (maybe a little higher in some places). Doesn't leave any room for scalpers (as you do when you sell tickets below market value). The downside is to sell them at face value, you have to add 10% on stubhub, nearly 25 percent on ticketbastard (unless you can find someone local who wants to buy them). They're expensive tickets. I'll probably end up selling the worse pair for face (which cause me to loose money)...assuming someone grab's em. hopefully i break even on the spare pit tickets.
    You'll do fine on the pit tickets IMO. Anyone trying to flip reserved seats for this tour are going to be fucked.