Options

THE WALKING DEAD...and all things zombie

Comments

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Good season too....Yea, Maybe Jesus saves the World!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    lol..
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,867
    Apparently Negan makes his appearance in the final episode of the season.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Bone headed episode with a silly ending.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    I do agree with Chris h...it was so dumb they all left when they KNOW this fight is coming. But how else where the Saviors going to grab a hold of them unless they got into Aleaxandria?
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Apparently Negan makes his appearance in the final episode of the season.

yup, seen the barbwire bat.
    Sprunkn7 said:

I do agree with Chris h...it was so dumb they all left when they KNOW this fight is coming. But how else where the Saviors going to grab a hold of them unless they got into Aleaxandria?

yes, gotta agree. Six, (seven including Carol) of them leaving was wrong. With a shitstorm about to hit, Darryl should have put his need for revenge aside as well as rick/morgan looking for Carol. As we all saw, the lady can look after herself... lol man what a kick ass scene. If they did a spinoff just with Carol it would be awesome.

Who was lying it the road while Rick was saying lets make a trade? looked like Eugene, but he wasnt out during the show. Looked to big to be Carol.

Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I'd think it was Daryl out of anyone, laying there, but it could also be one of the Saviors that got Carole'd.

Nice to see Carol is back to being a mega badass(sarcasm)...impressive how they've taken such great acting performances and made such an unbelievable character out of them. She's truly awful.

Holding down the fort is the most important thing right now, but first, let's gather up all the well known characters and go stir up some shit. Why not make room for Abe's freckled ass?
  • Options
    Im surprised by your dislike of Carols character. to me its one of the best, if not the best, characters on the show... even if you remove the violent actions/scenes which are pretty intense.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,742

Bone headed episode with a silly ending.

Yep. Such a silly episode. All of them just leaving like that?!? And of course we know that Darryl isn't dead....they already pulled the same nonsense with Glenn.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I summarized last night's episode as "chaos." Rick has gotten too cocky. He thinks they can win any battle without losing anyone apparently. Several people just take off willy nilly to chase down two people when they have no idea where each of these people were headed. Carol leaves because she doesn't want to kill anyone to protect her "loved ones" but she barely makes it out of Alexandria before she kills a bunch of people. Daryl gets all stupid and thinks he can fight the Saviors and kill Dwight all by himself? Really?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135

I summarized last night's episode as "chaos." Rick has gotten too cocky. He thinks they can win any battle without losing anyone apparently. Several people just take off willy nilly to chase down two people when they have no idea where each of these people were headed. Carol leaves because she doesn't want to kill anyone to protect her "loved ones" but she barely makes it out of Alexandria before she kills a bunch of people. Daryl gets all stupid and thinks he can fight the Saviors and kill Dwight all by himself? Really?

lol...definitely chaos. With saviors on the loose, that is a pretty bad move to go looking for people--but it is 2 of their strongest people so...

I think Rosita and Darryl would make a much better couple than her and Spencer.

I like the speech Morgan gave about the circle of life, or karma, or good deeds begetting good deeds, etc. He brought up how by letting that Wolf guy live, it in turn allowed him to save Denise's life who saved Carl's life. But then it was ironic to see how the opposite can be true too--how Darryl let Dwight live and now obviously, Dwight is fucking things up for the group, and killed Denise.
  • Options
    Nami said:

Im surprised by your dislike of Carols character. to me its one of the best, if not the best, characters on the show... even if you remove the violent actions/scenes which are pretty intense.

If you remove the ultra violent sequences then it becomes much more believable. I understand there is a need to kill, but "I can't kill anymore, but let me drive this car covered in spikes and sew a full auto into my sleeve" is pretty absurd. It's pretty sad when killing a couple sick people and burning them and shooting a little girl are among the most believable things she has done somewhat recently.

I don't blame the actress, but the role had just become laughable to me.
  • Options

lol...definitely chaos. With saviors on the loose, that is a pretty bad move to go looking for people--but it is 2 of their strongest people so...

I like the speech Morgan gave about the circle of life, or karma, or good deeds begetting good deeds, etc. He brought up how by letting that Wolf guy live, it in turn allowed him to save Denise's life who saved Carl's life. But then it was ironic to see how the opposite can be true too--how Darryl let Dwight live and now obviously, Dwight is fucking things up for the group, and killed Denise.
    I like the substance of Morgan's karma speech, but I think it was stretching it to say that the Wolf saved Denise's life. If Morgan had killed the Wolf Denise wouldn't have been out running around in a sea of walkers, right? Wouldn't she have been inside the building with Rosita, Carol, and Morgan?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    One of the few things that has always bothered me about this show is that they always risk multiple lives to save one that chose to put themselves in danger. Captured? Sure, go try to save them. Leave on their own? Let em go. All because of Daryl, 4 others could die with him. But I guess sitting around alexandria playing canasta doesnt make for riveting television.

What was the point of the scene with carl and the gun? What was scribbled on it?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

What was the point of the scene with carl and the gun? What was scribbled on it?

Lucille
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    Yep, that whole episode was just dumb. Everyone leaving Alexandria to find one person....dumb! I also love how Dwight and his group of 10 are like f'n ninjas. Can just appear out of nowhere without anyone hearing a thing and everyone is surrounded.
  • Options

I like the substance of Morgan's karma speech, but I think it was stretching it to say that the Wolf saved Denise's life. If Morgan had killed the Wolf Denise wouldn't have been out running around in a sea of walkers, right? Wouldn't she have been inside the building with Rosita, Carol, and Morgan?
    That's probably true--lotta loopholes. I think it was still cool to bring up karma and remind us all to be careful of our actions and consequences...what goes around comes around.
  • Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    I am by nature a long to anger person and a give someone the benefit of the doubt sorta gal. Watching this show tho, I'm on Ricks side here. It took me a while to get there. I was glad Shane died but really he just arrived at the survival aspect faster than most did. A meeting like the one with Jesus,,yes, ask the questions, make a snap judgement. If you see any threat, take it down. Shane had it right, he was just a total dick about it. I didn't like him then, but what an asset he would be now!
    By this time I don't think I would feel too bad killing people that were not my group. It's just part of the world and why Carol would start second guessing now really sucks. Daryl running out for revenge was insane. Going where they KNOW the saviors have been is just stupid. It goes against the groups mentality. Stick together and deal with the threat, don't split up and go do willy nilly shit.

I do think Glenn is a goner...the shower scene, him looking at Maggie in the rear-view, Maggies haircut, the baby may die issue...Unless the writers pick someone else? But if so who?
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited March 2016
    Has there ever been a show that is so widely criticized by it's fans? All I ever want to do is bitch about it, yet I watch every lame episode. Not even sure why. So much better tv out there. I'm saving up episodes of Vinyl, have one episode of the current House of Cards season left to watch, and I binge-watched season 2 of Daredevil over the weekend. Now THOSE are great shows.
    Thinking Fear the Walking Dead will be a better show than this one, by far, next season.
    Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • Options
    Just skip Vinyl...I'm holding on for my wife, but it hasn't been great.

If Fear the Walking Dead is as good as the 1st season finale there is hope, but they were 5 stinker episodes before that.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831

Has there ever been a show that is so widely criticized by it's fans? All I ever want to do is bitch about it, yet I watch every lame episode. Not even sure why. So much better tv out there. I'm saving up episodes of Vinyl, have one episode of the current House of Cards season left to watch, and I binge-watched season 2 of Daredevil over the weekend. Now THOSE are great shows.
    Thinking Fear the Walking Dead will be a better show than this one, by far, next season.

Lost (after season 2) was a piece of shit and I watched every damn epiosode waiting for all the answers. Lol. Sucker for punishment.

I have very few critiques of TWD compared to what I like about it. I was on the edge of my seat this whole ep despite the few plotholes. I really thought Rick was going to kill morgan. When morgan was turning to leave after having told rick about the wolf, the look on his face, he seemed to be reaching for his gun (which he was, but not to shoot him), rick asking him if he's coming back.....i thought it was leading to rick repeating that he couldn't take that chance. That is very good dramatic build. Maybe i was the only one thinking that, but i really thought it's possible rick murders morgan at that moment. Having the viewer not knowing that about a character shows they know how to write a good story.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

Lost (after season 2) was a piece of shit and I watched every damn epiosode waiting for all the answers. Lol. Sucker for punishment.

I have very few critiques of TWD compared to what I like about it. I was on the edge of my seat this whole ep despite the few plotholes. I really thought Rick was going to kill morgan. When morgan was turning to leave after having told rick about the wolf, the look on his face, he seemed to be reaching for his gun (which he was, but not to shoot him), rick asking him if he's coming back.....i thought it was leading to rick repeating that he couldn't take that chance. That is very good dramatic build. Maybe i was the only one thinking that, but i really thought it's possible rick murders morgan at that moment. Having the viewer not knowing that about a character shows they know how to write a good story.

I thought the same thing - that Rick might kill Morgan. I'm glad he didn't.
  • Options
    Who do you think is going to get it? And do you think they will leave us totally hanging or will there be a wrap up with a nudge into next season? I'm leaning towards Daryl but Glenn is still the obvious choice....mmmm I just don't know! Or Carol? Will they kill Carol?
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

Who do you think is going to get it? And do you think they will leave us totally hanging or will there be a wrap up with a nudge into next season? I'm leaning towards Daryl but Glenn is still the obvious choice....mmmm I just don't know! Or Carol? Will they kill Carol?

Maybe no one? Isn't that what happened last season? I doubt it would be Daryl. Maybe Glenn or Abraham if i had to chose somoene
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    hammahamma Posts: 88
    Rick s group has killed way too many saviors for there not to be someone killed off. Negan's entrance in the book is probably one of if not the most iconic moments in the series. No way they can introduce him and not have him kill off at least one other major character. I think Glenn and Morgan are going to die at negan's hands. Daryl is safe based on his getting shot last week and won't be considered a threat. I also have a feeling that someone may lose a hand to make up for one of the other most iconic moments and how the show screwed up the governor
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    hamma said:

Rick s group has killed way too many saviors for there not to be someone killed off. Negan's entrance in the book is probably one of if not the most iconic moments in the series. No way they can introduce him and not have him kill off at least one other major character. I think Glenn and Morgan are going to die at negan's hands. Daryl is safe based on his getting shot last week and won't be considered a threat. I also have a feeling that someone may lose a hand to make up for one of the other most iconic moments and how the show screwed up the governor

My son just got a series of TWD comic books today that start with Negan. He showed me the page where each one from Alexandria has their head on a stake. And then it showed Glenn's head mashed to nothing (disgusting). I think the fact that its all in black and white makes it less disgusting, but still just wrong.

I'm glad you mentioned Morgan. Like they mentioned on Talking Dead before, it always seems like the moral compass ends up biting it pretty soon after a good speech or something--like Dale at the farm. If I had to bet $10 Monopoly money, I'd say Morgan.
    Post edited by pickupyourwill on
  • Options
    I wouldn't care if Morgan goes. I would care if it's Glenn, Daryl or Carol. I can see someone losing the hand (Rick) and maybe 2 people getting taken out. Maybe it won't be just one?

I was wondering about Daryl b/c Norman Reedus as a new motorcycle show coming out....or so I heard.
  • Options
    Walking Dead, Wrestlemania and baseball season all today? Decisions, decisions....
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    decent finale. wonder who it was that got pretty much beaten to death with "Lucille"
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD