Options

Master of Puppets, 30 YEARS OLD \m/

Please everyone raise some devil horns in tribute.

I just listened to Disposable Heroes and my face melted.

Any thoughts, other than that heavy metal has gone mostly downhill since the 1980's?
When one does not see what one does not see, one does not even see that one is blind. -Paul Veyne

Comments

• Options
    maryjayne127maryjayne127 Jacksonville, FL Posts: 55
    One of my favorite albums ever.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    I listen to my 45rpm masterpiece'
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122

Please everyone raise some devil horns in tribute.

I just listened to Disposable Heroes and my face melted.

Any thoughts, other than that heavy metal has gone mostly downhill since the 1980's?

DH is by far my favorite song from that album. That's the song in 87' I first heard in a record shop in College Park MD. I asked the cashier who is that playing (he looked at me in a weird way like how could you NOT know who this is) he told me I bought it. Loved it I had not ever heard such riffs before, then backwards from there buying the albums. Then finally saw them three times on the Justice Tour.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,830
    damn i feel old! one of the best albums ever.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    TGardenTGarden Posts: 56
    \\m//
  • Options
    TL170678TL170678 Near Louisville, in Indiana, closer to Kentucky Posts: 422
    edited March 2016
    Crazy..... Another "feelin old moment"..... Robert Trujillio, not too long from now, will have been a member of Metallica as long as Newsted was.
    I honestly still think of him as the new guy who is just grunting into the mic until Jason asks to come back haha
    Post edited by TL170678 on
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,968
    To give you an idea on how great this album was in 1986 Circus magazine named this their album of the year. Unheard of considering glam rock ruled the airwaves and MTV at that time.