Fenway, where to sit thread?

So my wife and i needed 4 tickets total and were lucky enough to score 2 in section 32 next to the stage (limited view?) and 2 in g20 behind home plate.

Anyone know which seats are better? Im thinking we roll the dice and take the closer side stage view.

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    G20 will give you a straight on view but you'll be far away. 32 will at least be a partial view. I would probably go with those.

• I agree. Based on the map they look pretty close.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169
    I'd probably do the 32 also. Behind the plate is a long way from the stage. great for a baseball game, lousy for a concert.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    edited February 2016
    I've sat pretty much behind the plate at Wrigley (which I'm assuming is similar in size to Fenway), and it was VERY far away. I would prob go with the side view.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• If you go to the red sox website there is a virtual view that also gives you an idea of how the seats may look.
    Baltimore 13
    Philly N1 2016
    Boston N1 & N2 2016
    Seattle N1 & N2 2018

Temple of the Dog
    New York 2016
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    I would do G32, and this is coming from someone who pulled G20 tix today
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    Good choice. I think you'll have a good angle.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    edited February 2016
    I'm finding the way the tickets are labeled to be confusing. They just used letters and numbers, but online it says "grandstand" or "roof box" or other things

Can someone tell me where R29 is? Is it the section way up on the right side of the field or the lower section on left side of field?
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622

I'm finding the way the tickets are labeled to be confusing. They just used letters and numbers, but online it says "grandstand" or "roof box" or other things

Can someone tell me where R29 is? Is it the section way up on the right side of the field or the lower section on left side of field?

I am going to guess you are in the right field roofbox. I am in G29 and the G is for grandstand. Try this out and you should get an idea of your seats.

http://www.preciseseating.com/fenwaypark2.php
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894

That is the roofbox in right field. I'm in 35. I haven't sat there, but I've been told by people that have that they are great seats. Great angle and the sound is pretty good. Cheers!
  • DP13DP13 Posts: 269
    edited February 2016

That is the roofbox in right field. I'm in 35. I haven't sat there, but I've been told by people that have that they are great seats. Great angle and the sound is pretty good. Cheers!
    After getting skuned by the 10c, I also pulled tickets in the Right Field Roof Box (I thought they were down the line in LF, closer to the stage when I bought them) and can't decide if I should upgrade on Stubhub.

I'm flying in my family of 4, staying 4 nights at an expensive hotel near Fenway, going to the Tuesday Red Sox game, etc. So the extra money for tickets would be a drop in the bucket compared to what the entire trip is costing me. But it isn't like there are even that good of seats available on Stubhub because of the 10c allotment.

Any Boston people have any advice? Are the best seats the scalpers have available (Rear of the Field, or the lower Field boxes) going to be any better than the RF Roofbox seats?
  • AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 863
    DP13 said:

After getting skuned by the 10c, I also pulled tickets in the Right Field Roof Box (I thought they were down the line in LF, closer to the stage when I bought them) and can't decide if I should upgrade on Stubhub.

I'm flying in my family of 4, staying 4 nights at an expensive hotel near Fenway, going to the Tuesday Red Sox game, etc. So the extra money for tickets would be a drop in the bucket compared to what the entire trip is costing me. But it isn't like there are even that good of seats available on Stubhub because of the 10c allotment.

Any Boston people have any advice? Are the best seats the scalpers have available (Rear of the Field, or the lower Field boxes) going to be any better than the RF Roofbox seats?
    Are they for Friday? If you do want to upgrade I'd gladly buy two of those roof box seats off of you.
  • md281342md281342 Posts: 46
    edited February 2016
    Have Box 3 seats , can anyone tell me if that is the "B3" section on the field or is it somewhere else? Right field box 3?
    Look to be good either way
    Post edited by md281342 on
  • Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    With some questions about the view from Fenway's Right Field Roof seats, I thought I would post a couple shots that I took on Opening Day back on 4/11/05 (one zoomed in a little). Seats were RFR Box 41 Row D. Location provided amazing views of the banner & ring ceremonies. As a life long Red Sox fan, this was one of the most memorable games I've ever been to. Depending on how close you want to be to the stage for this concert, these RFR seats look pretty good for Pearl Jam... http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/rockandrollpics/library/?sort=3&page=1 Wherever you all sit, have a blast!
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
    DP13 said:

My advice would be to not worry too much about where your seats are. There are going to be very few spots around Fenway where the seats are "good" by concert standards. It's too big for that. So you will end up paying a premium on the secondary market while not really improving your seats that much. I say just go with what you have, enjoy the experience and music and the setlist that is sure to be crazy.

I have noticed that upgrading on Stubhub is ridiculously expensive. I am in the Grandstands and will have an "I" beam sort of in my line of sight. It will be off to the side of the stage a bit. Has anyone been to Fenway and had seats in the grandstands? How distracting is the "I" beam?
  • DP13DP13 Posts: 269
    Fixer13 said:

With some questions about the view from Fenway's Right Field Roof seats, I thought I would post a couple shots that I took on Opening Day back on 4/11/05 (one zoomed in a little). Seats were RFR Box 41 Row D. Location provided amazing views of the banner & ring ceremonies. As a life long Red Sox fan, this was one of the most memorable games I've ever been to. Depending on how close you want to be to the stage for this concert, these RFR seats look pretty good for Pearl Jam... http://s1108.photobucket.com/user/rockandrollpics/library/?sort=3&page=1 Wherever you all sit, have a blast!

thanks for this!
  • Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    Glad to help DP13! Looking forward to night 2 @ Fenway!
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • Right Field Roof are awesome seats. Be very very happy!
  • a4
    row 1

a4
    row 1