U N C L E *B R U C E* S P R I N G S T E E N *

Comments

• Options
    No surrender - Bruce Springsteen & the two coolest kids on stage EVER
    Amazing song and a great video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbHpjWy_zMg

• Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    Long shot - looking for face ticket to the Boston show.
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,492
    Was at Newark Sunday night.

First let me say, Prudential is still the best venue for a concert in the NYC area. The building. Not the location. It's just great in every way.

The show was amazing as always. The River portion was as good as expected. Highlights were Ties into Sherry. Two Hearts, Cadillac of course The River and Drive All Night (my god).

Badlands is and remains one of the best live songs by anyone ever and The Rising gets me every time.

Wish I could pull off Brooklyn too
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953

No surrender - Bruce Springsteen & the two coolest kids on stage EVER
    Amazing song and a great video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbHpjWy_zMg

I was at this show! It was awesome!
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options

Hey folks, what time has Bruce been hitting the stage? My ticket says 7:30pm start. I seem to remember he goes on about 30min after the start time on the ticket, but I can't remember for sure. Any help is much appreciated. Can't wait for tomorrow!

Hit the stage pretty much right at 8:00pm in Pittsburgh. The lights did not go down so don't look for that as an indicator. LOTS of people were still out in the concourses getting beers/etc.
    Thank you for the info. I managed to find my spot in the pit just as they came on stage. What a killer show!

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,626
    Anyone got a pair to the Cleveland show?
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    Anyone have an extra Louisville ticket?
  • Options
    BikePHLBikePHL Posts: 471
    Bruce is playing State College (Penn State)! Tickets went on sale this morning. Just score a GA. This will be my first time seeing the Boss. Anyone else going to the show?
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater - June 25, 2011, Tres Mountains - TLA - March 23, 2011, Brad - World Cafe Live- Oct. 10, 2010, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 12, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 11,2009, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 20, 2008, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 19, 2008, Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006, Wachovia Center - Oct 03, 2005, Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004, Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003, Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003, First Union Spectrum Arena - Apr 28, 2003, Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29, 1998, RFK Stadium - Jun 14, 1998
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    BikePHL said:

Bruce is playing State College (Penn State)! Tickets went on sale this morning. Just score a GA. This will be my first time seeing the Boss. Anyone else going to the show?

You are in for a treat, possibly a religious experience.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 said:

BikePHL said:

Agree. Nothing like a Springsteen concert.
  • Options

Newch91 said:

BikePHL said:

Agree. Nothing like a Springsteen concert.
    I can't wait! Im never able to score tickets when he comes to Philly, so I jumped on this opportunity.
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater - June 25, 2011, Tres Mountains - TLA - March 23, 2011, Brad - World Cafe Live- Oct. 10, 2010, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 12, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 11,2009, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 20, 2008, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 19, 2008, Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006, Wachovia Center - Oct 03, 2005, Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004, Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003, Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003, First Union Spectrum Arena - Apr 28, 2003, Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29, 1998, RFK Stadium - Jun 14, 1998
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    BikePHL said:

yep. I got tix on saturday. looking forward to it
  • Options

Was at Newark Sunday night.

First let me say, Prudential is still the best venue for a concert in the NYC area. The building. Not the location. It's just great in every way.

The show was amazing as always. The River portion was as good as expected. Highlights were Ties into Sherry. Two Hearts, Cadillac of course The River and Drive All Night (my god).

Badlands is and remains one of the best live songs by anyone ever and The Rising gets me every time.

Wish I could pull off Brooklyn too

are you saying newark is better than msg? because no...not even close (and newark is cool)
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

BikePHL said:

Nice! Ill probably head up on Saturday or Sunday and spend a few days in State College. Did you grad seats or GA?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    BikePHL said:

The Fixer said:

BikePHL said:

Nice! Ill probably head up on Saturday or Sunday and spend a few days in State College. Did you grad seats or GA?
    i got seats. section 103.

to your point, I tried for philly...and baltimore...and newark...and msg. didn't have any luck with those shows, but got lucky with penn state. great excuse to head up there. Have a bunch of work in that area, so my company will pay for my expenses.

never been to show at bryce jordan...I'm really looking forward to this one.

wanted to hit multiple shows on this tour, but because it's the river every night I think one show is enough. Been a few years since I've seen springsteen...always a great time
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

BikePHL said:

The Fixer said:

BikePHL said:

to your point, I tried for philly...and baltimore...and newark...and msg. didn't have any luck with those shows, but got lucky with penn state. great excuse to head up there. Have a bunch of work in that area, so my company will pay for my expenses.

wanted to hit multiple shows on this tour, but because it's the river every night I think one show is enough. Been a few years since I've seen springsteen...always a great time
    Ive been to a basketball game at bryce jordaon. I think all the sight lines should be pretty good, but I have no idea what the sound quality is like.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Portland (3/22) and Seattle (3/24) dates confirmed! :triumph:
  • Options
    LanternjawLanternjaw Posts: 553
    edited February 2016
    Amazing show last night in Albany for what was my lucky 13th Springsteen concert... crowd was unbelievable and the band delivered:

on stage 8:04

1. Meet Me In the City
    2. The Ties That Bind
    3. Sherry Darling
    4. Jackson Cage
    5. Two Hearts (W/ It Takes Two ending)
    6. Independence Day
    7. Hungry Heart
    8. Out in the Street
    9. Crush On You
    10. You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
    11. I Wanna Marry You (W/ Here She Comes intro)
    12. The River
    13. Point Blank
    14. Cadillac Ranch
    15. I'm A Rocker
    16. Fade Away
    17. Stolen Car
    18. Ramrod
    19. The Price You Pay
    20. Drive All Night
    21. Wreck on the Highway
    22. Badlands
    23. Wrecking Ball
    24. Backstreets
    25. BE TRUE
    26. Because The Night
    27. The Rising
    28. Thunder Road
    29. Born To Run
    30. DETROIT MEDLEY (Sign)
    31. Dancing in the Dark
    32. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
    33. Bobby Jean
    34. Shout

finished 11:26

3:22
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I was at Albany! Old school length and band tightness. Damn. And Be True! Man do they bring it.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    Can't wait for Hartford tonight!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    the end part of rosalita with steve, bruce and jake at the same mic making funny faces/noises is f'n PRICELESS
    i love that they do that. SO MUCH FUN
  • Options
    Bruce and Hartford (or any city, really) go so well together. I'll have a write up in the next few days.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    The Fixer said:

BikePHL said:

The Fixer said:

BikePHL said:

for the 2003 PJ show at Bryce Jordan they didn't serve alcohol. only downside. arena is pretty nice though.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    I'm sure many of you have already seen this story already, but it's so fantastic I thought I'd post anyways: blog.timesunion.com/kristi/2016/02/09/local-dad-writes-letter-to-school-saying-its-bruce-springsteens-fault-kids-are-late/
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    LanternjawLanternjaw Posts: 553
    edited February 2016
    Newch91 - waiting for that review!

Also notice all the PJ show stats in a lot of forum sigs... really dig that stuff and it reminds me of when I took my oldest daughter to see her first concert - Springsteen in Hartford, August 2009. We had GA's so waited in the pit line and wound up with a terrific spot. While on line and in the pit pre-show we talked a lot to an older gentleman (probably mid-late 60's) who had been to over 300 Bruce shows... over 300 shows. WOW. It was so hot that night - about 100 in the pit - that he passed out before the show started and was taken out on a stretcher... I always wondered how he made out...

That's how much our live bands and that experience means to us - that a 65+ man would test fate to see his favorite act one more time... always wondered how he made out and if he's back at it. I sure hope so. That'll be us in 10+ years... hanging in there to see our legendary PJ shows. That might be kind of sad but at the same time I think it's pretty cool - being a torch-bearer like that guy was... good stuff.
  • Options
    Louisville tonight! I may leave though at the encore. Priorities are changing. At least I will get to hear the River in its entirety.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

The Fixer said:

BikePHL said:

The Fixer said:

BikePHL said:

for the 2003 PJ show at Bryce Jordan they didn't serve alcohol. only downside. arena is pretty nice though.
    they serve beer now. I checked before i bought tickets.
  • Options
    NOw I can't go at all. Damnit.

Louisville ticket available for tonight:

Section 119 Row M - Seat 2 (I paid $160). Looking for $100. I will need to confirm I can transfer thought with Ticketmaster. I think this is like row 4-5 though based on the map when I bought it. Direct side of stage. Good seat!
  • Options
    Spoony CSpoony C Posts: 278
    Great show in Louisville last night. The River set was great, even if the crowd was super-mellow during any slow song (was in section 116, lower level about mid-court, row F, and everyone sat whenever the show slowed down). The second set/encore was amazing, jumping right into it with "Badlands" and never letting up, save for "Human Touch," which brought the sitting again. Didn't leave the stage pre-encore--instead of going backstage for an encore break after "Thunder Road," Bruce called an audible based on a fan sign in the behind-stage seats, and they did the full-band version of "Born in the USA," which I haven't seen at any of my five previous shows (all post-'99 reunion), before throwing on the house lights and ripping into "Born to Run" to start the encore proper. "Shout" provided the big "finale," and "Bobby Jean" was the final song after some pretend "It's too late for you guys, right?" banter. Just a stellar night all around.

One touch I loved--even though all the lighting/video equipment is modern (almost all LED, from what I could tell), during the River set, the lighting techniques stuck to 1980-era styles--no swiveling smart lights, no video effects beyond just putting close-ups of the band on the screens overhead, just spotlights, a couple rows of colored lights, and the occasional strobe. Once they shifted into the non-River part of the set, all the fancier lights came out to play. It was a subtle touch, but a really cool one.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,626
    Anyone going to Cleveland show tonight?

I live 5 minutes walking from the Q, so I'm waiting until last minute to get some seats and plan on going. People cant even get face value for the tickets on craigslist and online, so I am hoping to wait until about 1 hour before and find some for cheap
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II