Options

ShamelissShameliss Canada Posts: 82
edited February 2016 in The Porch
I removed this post. Conversation over I guess.
Post edited by Shameliss on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    Careful dude, this will get closed
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Why? There's no copyright on the word "Vedder" as a stand alone, and there's nothing wrong with the Jam Van. (Unless they've trademarked the entire alphabet, and Vans) This is Fan Art that actually conforms to intentionally NOT breaking copyright laws, unlike 99% of the other stuff that on various other sites. (Yes Pearl is spray painted on the van, that's the vans name, and Jam is highlighted, but they're not together.) If folks can use Mickey mouse holding a microphone with Pearl Jam under it and sell that online and has been for the last 4 years, I should be okay since I conscientiously made sure that there was no infringement.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,503
    Shameliss said:

Why? There's no copyright on the word "Vedder" as a stand alone, and there's nothing wrong with the Jam Van. (Unless they've trademarked the entire alphabet, and Vans) This is Fan Art that actually conforms to intentionally NOT breaking copyright laws, unlike 99% of the other stuff that on various other sites. (Yes Pearl is spray painted on the van, that's the vans name, and Jam is highlighted, but they're not together.) If folks can use Mickey mouse holding a microphone with Pearl Jam under it and sell that online and has been for the last 4 years, I should be okay since I conscientiously made sure that there was no infringement.

You're advertising it on the band's message board so you've made the connection. They typically instruct their lawyers to send out cease & desists for these type of items for sale. While they can't police the entire interweb, your identity is no longer a mystery, right?

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    A bands message board that has an Art Hub and trading post for Fan Art, of course there's a connection.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,503
    edited February 2016
    Shameliss said:

A bands message board that has an Art Hub and trading post for Fan Art, of course there's a connection.

Keyword being "trading", not providing links to stickers for sale. I imagine you understand the difference as well since I see you edited the OP to remove the links. Don't misunderstand, not trying to preach, but you might want to kill the links altogether and pull the items for sale.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore