Flint water crisis ..

2»

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    Michael says dont send a band aid start a revolution.

http://michaelmoore.com/DontSendBottledWater/
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    mickeyrat said:

Michael says dont send a band aid start a revolution.

http://michaelmoore.com/DontSendBottledWater/

mickeyrat said:
    I thought these were great suggestions from Michael Moore. I know a lot of people hate the guy, say he's an asshat, get their jollys berating the shit out of him (who merely wants to help- go figure) or whatever but this is good stuff. I hope others get behind this.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2016
    dudeman said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

pjhawks said:

see the front page of this site - PJ has donated $125,000 themselves and with partners have totaled donations of $300,000 to help.

PJ has listed Ticketmaster as one of their friends and partners! :tired_face: How things have changed in 22 years ...

Do you really think PJ would pull their donation because TM also donated just because they are both on that list doesn't mean they are now partners ....
    Read the front page announcement again ... close friend and partners ... I'm guessing TM doesn't qualify under the "friends" part.

Anywho, at least they are helping.
    No I did read it it says partners , I just don't take it literally to mean they are now partners ...
    It's just striking to see it in black and white like that, lol. But really PJ and TM actually HAVE basically been partners for many years. Ticketmaster sells their concert tickets after all!
    But anyway, doesn't matter as far as the Flint water crisis goes. That shit if fucked up. Such things should not be happening this day and age in North America. The citizens of Flint deserve some serious compensation and aid for everything they have suffered over many years IMO ... On another note, kind of, I hope Michael Moore does a documentary about it. ;)
    I'm sure his working on it after all he is from Flint no ?
    Indeed he is, and he discussed Flint extensively in.... Bowling for Columbine? Or was it Fahrenheit 9/11? Can't remember which now.
    Roger and Me.
    Maybe, but I know it's a topic in one of the other two I named as well. I was aware of Flint and things MM said about it well before I ever watched Roger and Me (which i didn't see until after I watched the other two).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    mickeyrat said:
    this is going to get good.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    edited February 2016
    http://bigstory.ap.org/500a2ef5b57d423d876ef25709af1973

Emails suggest link with legionnaires disease as early as oct 2014
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Yes i hope the Governor is the 1st to get the AXE his a disgrace ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited February 2016
    So, instead of addressing the poisoning of thousands of children due to greedy conservative principles, the Republicans in Michigan are clinging to their Neanderthal priorities and have upheld and bolstered an unconstitutional ban on anal sex.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/this-michigan-legislator-is-attempting-to-ban-sodomy-while-the-flint-water-crisis-rages-on/
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:

So, instead of addressing the poisoning of thousands of children due to greedy conservative principles, the Republicans in Michigan are clinging to their Neanderthal priorities and have upheld and bolstered an unconstitutional ban on anal sex.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/02/this-michigan-legislator-is-attempting-to-ban-sodomy-while-the-flint-water-crisis-rages-on/

I hoope the bill itself survives after this portion is stripped out or found to be unconstitutional. The primary reason of this law is for animal cruelty. Be a shame to lose that in the face of this absurd cluelessness

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mickeyrat said:

rgambs said:

I hoope the bill itself survives after this portion is stripped out or found to be unconstitutional. The primary reason of this law is for animal cruelty. Be a shame to lose that in the face of this absurd cluelessness
    Yeah, even with this in it (they already have a sodomy law that is unenforceable anyways) the law should pass. It is just a seriously nutty example of Right-wing priorities, this state should be focused solely on fixing the Flint problem, not inserting ridiculousness into serious bills.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:

Amended an existing code that hadnt had the sodomy laws removed.

http://www.vox.com/2016/2/10/10961162/michigan-sodomy-sex-ban

Host of emails showing top staff had knowledge well before it became public. Is it REALLY plausible that they kept it from the Governor?

edited March 2016
    mickeyrat said:

Host of emails showing top staff had knowledge well before it became public. Is it REALLY plausible that they kept it from the Governor?

He knew all along he will pay the price ...
  • Nevermind90Nevermind90 Posts: 722
    Everyone from Michigan, you´ve to get out to vote!!!
    ~ Enjoy The Struggle
    Yeah recall this creep what an asshat he needs to be unemployable !!
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Hillary Calls for Michigan Gov’s Resignation an Hour After Her Spox Slammed Bernie for Same

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/hillary-calls-for-michigan-govs-resignation-an-hour-after-her-spox-slammed-bernie-for-same/
  • FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Michael Moore Blasts Obama in an Open Letter About the Flint Water Crisis

He will visit Flint May 4th.

http://m.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/michael_moore_blasts_obama_in_an_open_letter_about_the_flint_20160427
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    rgambs said:

Why is it that the MSNBC is the only ones covering this disaster maybe I'm wrong but I haven't seen Fox covering this story at all , it almost feels like this is a liberal issue and conservatives don't give a fuck about this community ....

The victims are poor black people. You won't find stories on Fox where the victims are poor and black, only of they are the perpetrators.
    Their fan base doesn't want to see it, they just don't give a shit.
    You ever watch Roger and Me?
    How is this not a hot topic anymore, Now the republican governor has stopped supplying bottled water ! How can this dick still be around man what a subhuman...
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    'I feel like I'm in another country': Inside America's latest lead water crisis

https://www.cbc.ca/1.5250175?fbclid=IwAR2S4-xEgvuYJCzVMSrWDerWi--w7u7xXcOQz2l-CnokmW4A834akhhqa-Y

Give Peas A Chance…
    edited January 2021

• mickeyrat said:
    Arrest, convict, throw away the key. That’s what white supremacy in power looks like.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    mickeyrat said:
    Great news throw the book at him!