Supergirl on CBS/CW

tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
edited March 2019 in All Encompassing Trip
Is anyone enjoying this as much as I am?

It's good in a cheesy way but good in a artsy way too.

SPOILER!!!

I'm very excited that Martian Manhunter is in this!!! If he is anything like in the comics this will be a very interesting as long as they don't screw it up!
Post edited by tempo_n_groove on

Comments

• redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Just started watching the 1st few eps. and have been pleasantly surprised - enjoying it much more than I expected to.....
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Latest episode MM is doing his thing.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I've only seen the trailers. I'll give it a go this weekend.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • FoxyRedLa said:

I've only seen the trailers. I'll give it a go this weekend.

Please do!!! Let me know what u think!
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    I've been enjoying it thus far, especially since MM was outed (I had my suspicions from the first time his eyes glowed, lol). I'll admit I didn't have high expectations going in, but I'm preferring this over some of the other "super hero" shows I watch.

It'll be interesting to see who they eventually cast as Superman, since (to me) it seems inevitable that he'll show up at some point (though I'd trust they're saving that for something BIG on the series). I'm hoping they might tap Tom Welling (if he's willing), but they might just as easily leave Clark as Kara's IM buddy, lol.

I also like the casting of Dean Cain (Superman) and Helen Slater (Supergirl) as Kara's adoptive parents.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • I've been enjoying it thus far, especially since MM was outed (I had my suspicions from the first time his eyes glowed, lol). I'll admit I didn't have high expectations going in, but I'm preferring this over some of the other "super hero" shows I watch.

It'll be interesting to see who they eventually cast as Superman, since (to me) it seems inevitable that he'll show up at some point (though I'd trust they're saving that for something BIG on the series). I'm hoping they might tap Tom Welling (if he's willing), but they might just as easily leave Clark as Kara's IM buddy, lol.

I also like the casting of Dean Cain (Superman) and Helen Slater (Supergirl) as Kara's adoptive parents.

I'm really hoping that MM has a bigger part as himself coming out!
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I'll have to give it a second chance then. I watched the first episode and didn't like it.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413

I've been enjoying it thus far, especially since MM was outed (I had my suspicions from the first time his eyes glowed, lol). I'll admit I didn't have high expectations going in, but I'm preferring this over some of the other "super hero" shows I watch.

I'm really hoping that MM has a bigger part as himself coming out!
    After last night's episode with his comment about eventually permanently becoming MM, I'm guessing they'll draw that angle out as long as they can. Saves the actor a lot of time in the makeup chair, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • Anybody catch last nights episode? Bizzaro is a girl and I'm guessing the rich guy is another form of lex Luther?
    Pieces are starting to form patterns now.

Anyone else have some thoughts?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    ldent42 said:

I'll have to give it a second chance then. I watched the first episode and didn't like it.

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ldent42 said:

Give it a chance Dimitris. It's cheesy good.
  • So Myzlptlk is in this weeks episode! Yessssss!!!
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Tried watching it. My older sister loves this show.. I think it's just me, but I hate common Tv. It just irritates me.. I feel dumber for having watched most of it.. same with this show at first.. then I got to watching some.. but it just got really dumb.. and I couldn't do it anymore.
    However I have to admit that whomever writes these episodes has a stellar sense of humor!! There are some great, and intelligent one liners flung all over! That part I enjoyed.. the "plot" is just overplayed so grossly that I felt it got nearly insulting to watch. Just me.. and I'm weird like that.
  • Tried watching it. My older sister loves this show.. I think it's just me, but I hate common Tv. It just irritates me.. I feel dumber for having watched most of it.. same with this show at first.. then I got to watching some.. but it just got really dumb.. and I couldn't do it anymore.
    However I have to admit that whomever writes these episodes has a stellar sense of humor!! There are some great, and intelligent one liners flung all over! That part I enjoyed.. the "plot" is just overplayed so grossly that I felt it got nearly insulting to watch. Just me.. and I'm weird like that.

It is definitely NOT for the scholarly type, lol. It's cheesy and that's what I like about it. It's like old Batman or Charmed.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

Tried watching it. My older sister loves this show.. I think it's just me, but I hate common Tv. It just irritates me.. I feel dumber for having watched most of it.. same with this show at first.. then I got to watching some.. but it just got really dumb.. and I couldn't do it anymore.

It is definitely NOT for the scholarly type, lol. It's cheesy and that's what I like about it. It's like old Batman or Charmed.
    Good point. I just think they went majorly over board on the struggle in her being an immortal amongst mortals, ya know?
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    I have been watching this last season and the show is getting worse...

The show is mirroring our border troubles and political climate.  I know politics are in shows sometimes but I wanted a break from all that.  It's getting painful to watch now as it tries too hard.