Flint water crisis ..

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/21/us/flint-michigan-lead-water-crisis.html?_r=0

I'm surprised that nobody here bought this up for debate talking to you Brianlux lol , your thoughts ?
this Governor is a dirt bag should be brought up on charges .....
jesus greets me looks just like me ....

Comments

• I meant to start one last night Jose but forgot.

Cher has donated bottles of water, a Muslim group has donated water http://www.refinery29.com/2016/01/101539/muslim-charity-donation-flint-water-crisis
    Big Sean has donated money, The Washington Redskins have donated water.

This is a serious issue and Flint just keeps getting shit on.

Where is Michael Moore?
  • I apologize to Mr Moore. He has known about this since October and has been doing something about it.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2015/10/michael_moore_says_governor_to.html
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    see the front page of this site - PJ has donated $125,000 themselves and with partners have totaled donations of $300,000 to help.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    pjhawks said:

see the front page of this site - PJ has donated $125,000 themselves and with partners have totaled donations of $300,000 to help.

PJ has listed Ticketmaster as one of their friends and partners! :tired_face: How things have changed in 22 years ...

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Akron Canton Regional Foodbank just sent up water.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    Jason P said:

pjhawks said:

PJ has listed Ticketmaster as one of their friends and partners! :tired_face: How things have changed in 22 years ...

Do you really think PJ would pull their donation because TM also donated just because they are both on that list doesn't mean they are now partners ....
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121

Jason P said:

pjhawks said:

Do you really think PJ would pull their donation because TM also donated just because they are both on that list doesn't mean they are now partners ....
    Read the front page announcement again ... close friend and partners ... I'm guessing TM doesn't qualify under the "friends" part.

Anywho, at least they are helping.
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

pjhawks said:

Read the front page announcement again ... close friend and partners ... I'm guessing TM doesn't qualify under the "friends" part.

No I did read it it says partners , I just don't take it literally to mean they are now partners ...
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited January 2016

I'm surprised that nobody here bought this up for debate talking to you Brianlux lol , your thoughts ?

Mainly because I commented here, Jose:
    pjhawks said:

It's a disaster and one that you can bet would never have been allowed to go this far had it been in a more wealthy, upscale and, yes, whiter city.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

pjhawks said:

It's a disaster and one that you can bet would never have been allowed to go this far had it been in a more wealthy, upscale and, yes, whiter city.
    I was making that point to my wife it just feels like that was their plan to just let this community go down the rusted pipes what a shame , this Governor should resign or get impeached at least !!!!!!!! hell they Impeached Clinton for doing what he did this governor could be responsible for poisoning a whole community specialy the kids ........
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592

brianlux said:

pjhawks said:

I was making that point to my wife it just feels like that was their plan to just let this community go down the rusted pipes what a shame , this Governor should resign or get impeached at least !!!!!!!! hell they Impeached Clinton for doing what he did this governor could be responsible for poisoning a whole community specialy the kids ........
    I totally agree, Jose!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Humans are not infallible. Why can't people just admit they made a mistake in switching the water to the Flint River versus let the problem continue due to pride or fear of losing a job? So much blame to go around on this.

Humans are not infallible. Why can't people just admit they made a mistake in switching the water to the Flint River versus let the problem continue due to pride or fear of losing a job? So much blame to go around on this.

I don't believe it to be just a mistake this was straight out negligence on the stablishement & I bet it comes down to somebody making $$$$$$ of this fiasco ...
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129

I don't believe it to be just a mistake this was straight out negligence on the stablishement & I bet it comes down to somebody making $$$$$$ of this fiasco ...
    i think this was done in the name of saving $5 million.

this is what happens when safety is within the confines of a budget. this is what tax cuts will get you. this is what destroying the EPA will get you. be very, very careful what you wish for when it comes to government.

if isis had poisoned this water we would be going to war over it.

well, since it is in a lower class and minority area, maybe not so much....

since an american governor is responsible, he will have very little penalty to pay.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

i think this was done in the name of saving $5 million.

this is what happens when safety is within the confines of a budget. this is what tax cuts will get you. this is what destroying the EPA will get you. be very, very careful what you wish for when it comes to government.

if isis had poisoned this water we would be going to war over it.

well, since it is in a lower class and minority area, maybe not so much....

since an american governor is responsible, he will have very little penalty to pay.
    I agree I bet saving that 5mill someone got some kickbacks ...
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Flint isn't the only place ...

I've been saying it for a while ... if you're poor in this world - you will suffer the consequences of people's greed ...

the stats on this are like most things ... sad ...

http://www.unwater.org/water-cooperation-2013/water-cooperation/facts-and-figures/en/

i'm sure the bottle water companies like Nestle are loving this story ...
    Why is it that the MSNBC is the only ones covering this disaster maybe I'm wrong but I haven't seen Fox covering this story at all , it almost feels like this is a liberal issue and conservatives don't give a fuck about this community ....
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

Why is it that the MSNBC is the only ones covering this disaster maybe I'm wrong but I haven't seen Fox covering this story at all , it almost feels like this is a liberal issue and conservatives don't give a fuck about this community ....

Simple, it's evil when a democrat like Emmanuel of Chicago is corrupt and not a republican because they say so.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

The victims are poor black people. You won't find stories on Fox where the victims are poor and black, only of they are the perpetrators.
    Their fan base doesn't want to see it, they just don't give a shit.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    This is what happens when "cutting government" becomes a cult religion.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Do you guys think this Governor get another term , I'd almost be willing to bet he gets ousted ....
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    rgambs said:

This is what happens when "cutting government" becomes a cult religion.

yep....it seems like we have to take a few steps back in order to go forward. I think we'll see the same thing with this anti-union crap that is going around.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2016

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

pjhawks said:

No I did read it it says partners , I just don't take it literally to mean they are now partners ...
    It's just striking to see it in black and white like that, lol. But really PJ and TM actually HAVE basically been partners for many years. Ticketmaster sells their concert tickets after all!
    But anyway, doesn't matter as far as the Flint water crisis goes. That shit if fucked up. Such things should not be happening this day and age in North America. The citizens of Flint deserve some serious compensation and aid for everything they have suffered over many years IMO ... On another note, kind of, I hope Michael Moore does a documentary about it. ;)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

pjhawks said:

It's just striking to see it in black and white like that, lol. But really PJ and TM actually HAVE basically been partners for many years. Ticketmaster sells their concert tickets after all!
    But anyway, doesn't matter as far as the Flint water crisis goes. That shit if fucked up. Such things should not be happening this day and age in North America. The citizens of Flint deserve some serious compensation and aid for everything they have suffered over many years IMO ... On another note, kind of, I hope Michael Moore does a documentary about it. ;)
    I'm sure his working on it after all he is from Flint no ?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

pjhawks said:

Indeed he is, and he discussed Flint extensively in.... Bowling for Columbine? Or was it Fahrenheit 9/11? Can't remember which now.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

pjhawks said:

Indeed he is, and he discussed Flint extensively in.... Bowling for Columbine? Or was it Fahrenheit 9/11? Can't remember which now.
    I look forward to it , I'm sure it will expose all that is wrong with the governing body of Flint ...
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    rgambs said:

The victims are poor black people. You won't find stories on Fox where the victims are poor and black, only of they are the perpetrators.
    Their fan base doesn't want to see it, they just don't give a shit.
    just on episodes of COPS

black boy, black boy, whatchagonna do.....

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

pjhawks said:

Roger and Me.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623