Need some help with tattoo inspiration!

Hey guys! I know we’re all caught up in the excitement of the tour, but I need y’alls opinion on a separate matter. I’m planning on getting a tattoo on either my forearm or my shoulder representing one of Pearl Jams songs that influenced me the most. Whenever I look for ideas for inspiration, the results always turn up a bit too feminine which isn’t a problem, just not what I’m looking for. I would love to get y’alls feedback and cool ideas! The list of songs I wanted to inspire the tattoo goes on and on but I narrowed it down to only a few:

Alive
Release
Thumbing my Way
Black
Wishlist
Yellow LedBetter
Rearviewmirror
Given to Fly
I Am Mine
Better Man
Just Breathe

(sorry, the list is still pretty long)
Thanks!!

Comments

• mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    I am mine is probably the most popular PJ tattoo

"The in between is mine..."
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
  • Can't go wrong with the opening lines of Blood
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    edited January 2016
    yap, the songs on that list are the most common tattooes, and mostly the same phrase, they are only beaten by the stickman, if I were to get a tattoo I would get one inspired on red mosquito, or any other song, which muggles aren't as familiar with, such as:

you can't be neutral on a moving train ,
    things were different then, all is different now
    change don't come at once, It's a wave building before it breaks
    so unforgiving, yet needing forgiveness first
    how I choose to feel Is how I am
    by thinking we're infallible we are tempting fate instead
    my shadow left me long ago
    easy come and easy go... easy left me a long time ago...
    the colors turn gray, the black and white fades...

I like tattooes, but I'd rather had the needle on the wax, not the skin...

wow, wait a minute, I own the copyright of last sentence!
    Post edited by javis el errante on
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• yap, the songs on that list are the most common tattooes, and mostly the same phrase, they are only beaten by the stickman.

I'm actually trying to go for an image inspired by one or more of the songs listed, so not necessarily phrases. I'd rather have artwork to describe than words for people to read.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I know it's not on your list, but I like the 3 hearts from Smile.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Wherever you get it, make sure it's not showing if you want a job in the professional work force. I see too many of these college seniors with their visible tattoos and upside down nose rings getting both job and internship rejections these days.
    www.cluthelee.com
    release:

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

or this:

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• release:

I do like this one
  • Wherever you get it, make sure it's not showing if you want a job in the professional work force. I see too many of these college seniors with their visible tattoos and upside down nose rings getting both job and internship rejections these days.

For sure. I'm planning on getting it on my back right now.
    wishlist: a picture of a little alien poking his head out from behind the sun
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Wherever you get it, make sure it's not showing if you want a job in the professional work force. I see too many of these college seniors with their visible tattoos and upside down nose rings getting both job and internship rejections these days.

I was surprised actually at the complete opposite at my office. a girl with a nose ring and two half sleeves kept getting promoted. and she works directly with the public. and our female boss is known as quite conservative. so you never know.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

I was surprised actually at the complete opposite at my office. a girl with a nose ring and two half sleeves kept getting promoted. and she works directly with the public. and our female boss is known as quite conservative. so you never know.

Eh, what do I know? Surely doesn't apply EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME. Earlier this afternoon I was speaking with my good friend who is director of career services here on campus about this. He said he's had this convo more and more in the last few years with students who are pierced and tattooed in places where you can't cover it up well and advised them to take measures to cover them up, remove them for job interviews, internship placements. He told me a story about a kid who interviewed for a coveted internship at Google and was rejected. When the kid came back and talked with Dan about it, he asked if he had removed his 'bull ring' ahead of time and wore long sleeves. Kid said 'no' and the other kid they sent, same academic record, stellar references, but no ring or visible tattoos got the placement.

For the record, I love tattoos and piercings. I have 4 holes in my ears and one in my fucking nose from my teen years, very early 20s. All closed up though and you can't see them unless you're right up on my face.
    www.cluthelee.com

Eh, what do I know? Surely doesn't apply EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME. Earlier this afternoon I was speaking with my good friend who is director of career services here on campus about this. He said he's had this convo more and more in the last few years with students who are pierced and tattooed in places where you can't cover it up well and advised them to take measures to cover them up, remove them for job interviews, internship placements. He told me a story about a kid who interviewed for a coveted internship at Google and was rejected. When the kid came back and talked with Dan about it, he asked if he had removed his 'bull ring' ahead of time and wore long sleeves. Kid said 'no' and the other kid they sent, same academic record, stellar references, but no ring or visible tattoos got the placement.

For the record, I love tattoos and piercings. I have 4 holes in my ears and one in my fucking nose from my teen years, very early 20s. All closed up though and you can't see them unless you're right up on my face.
    no, I agree with you, I was just saying how surprised I was that the girl I work with kept getting promoted, especially working mainly with older people.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    Just buy a Pearl Jam t-shirt.
    That way, when you get tired of looking at it, you can just get a new shirt.
  • Can't go wrong with the opening lines of Blood

This ^ +1
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16