Options

******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I feel like an asshole because of this guy. I'm pretty shocked. It's reassuring to know the same 3 guys that picked Chip are in charge of the next guy. I always knew this wouldn't work out. hahaha
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    If Howie has any personnel power at all then Lurie hasn't learned anything.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    imalive said:

The Fixer said:
    excellent video, fixer!

I go to the fixer for my unbiased eagles and phillies info.

wish I could get fired with a $13M severance. fuck.
    thank you, thank you.

I also offer sixers and flyers opinions in case you're interested. I'm a one stop shop
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    JK_Livin said:

yeah, I don't understand the infatuation with that guy. If anything having him around can hinder them from hiring the best coach and/or GM available. Good chance that qualified candidates will balk at having to answer to Roseman.

This offseason is going to be awesome. The eagles are such a circus
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

JK_Livin said:

yeah, I don't understand the infatuation with that guy. If anything having him around can hinder them from hiring the best coach and/or GM available. Good chance that qualified candidates will balk at having to answer to Roseman.

I think the offseason would've been worse with Chip here.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

The Fixer said:

JK_Livin said:

I think the offseason would've been worse with Chip here.
    obviously

still can't believe how many fans bought into chip's garbage. eagles fans can't help themselves from continuing to justify their caveman reputation. it's hilarious
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,662
    The Fixer said:

imalive said:

The Fixer said:
    excellent video, fixer!

I go to the fixer for my unbiased eagles and phillies info.

wish I could get fired with a $13M severance. fuck.
    thank you, thank you.

I also offer sixers and flyers opinions in case you're interested. I'm a one stop shop
    as you may have seen, your sixers damn near beat my jazz the other night. I think I know what I need to know about those guys and the "process."

I barely give one shit about hockey.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,246
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    sean payton = overrated

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,464
    Well the fans get what they want and Chip is canned. Man, I haven't see this city so happy since October of '08. The level of hatred towards this guy here is pretty amazing. Is he the most hated coach/athlete since TO? I really think that might be the case...

I would've given him another year instead of firing him after one bad season but he would have to make changes Lurie felt were unrealistic to expect. I'm just concerned about the infrastructure of this organization moving forward. I mean Lurie was waaaaay too patient with Reid. He's probably overly impatient with Chip. Then he puts Roseman back into the same position he took him out of a year ago. Howie Roseman--the guy who all we heard about was that he lacks respect around the league because he's not "a football guy" is back to being the main "football guy" again. I don't get it. And here's Lurie talking about "collaborating" again. We're in the same position we were a few years ago and a few years before that. I hope this weird front office dynamic doesn't sway some of the top tier candidates away from this job, but i fear it might. Just hire a real, strong, general manager, Jeff. They have not had one since Modrak left in '02 and they have had only about 3, maybe 4 decent drafts since. Meet the new front office....same as the old front office. (I'll also add that I think a big reason for Chip's firing was his personality and not being able to relate to his players and people in general----but well who the hell does Roseman get along with other than Lurie? Just about every guy he's worked with, he's had problems with and then ultimately won a power struggle---Heckert, Banner, Reid, Gamble, and now Chip)

Some names I would have interest in, in no particular order:
    Sean McDermott (who never should have been fired here)
    Adam Gase
    Josh McDaniels
    Hue Jackson
    Greg Roman
    And, long shots, but if they end up leaving their current jobs: John Harbaugh and Sean Payton.

Now watch Chip end up in Tennessee and win a SB with his qb--the ultimate Philadelphia nightmare (and by the way---if Chip does end up somewhere in the next few weeks, Lurie should get more blame for not attempting some kind of trade similar to the Gruden Raiders/Bucs deal rather than just releasing him 5 days early).

We have the worst teams in the country.....but always the most interesting!

GO BIRDS.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    As I stated before, I'm not thrilled with the search committee. We also don't have much to entice a good coach to come here, not much talent in the cupboard. Seems like most fans think that getting rid of Chip will reverse everything he's done. DeSean, LeSean, Maclin & Foles ain't coming back y'all.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

As I stated before, I'm not thrilled with the search committee. We also don't have much to entice a good coach to come here, not much talent in the cupboard. Seems like most fans think that getting rid of Chip will reverse everything he's done. DeSean, LeSean, Maclin & Foles ain't coming back y'all.

Maclin's the one, of that group I miss. I actually think there's talent here, especially on defense. Get a new coordinator and maybe got back to a 4-3 and I think you see a good amount of improvement.

On offense, I'd still bring Bradford back. J Mathews and Ertz are guys you can count on for a long time. Agholar--usually wideouts need a year to develop. Not giving up on him. The line really needs to be rebuilt though. That was my main beef with Chip this year. Inexcusable to go 2 years without drafting an o lineman.

Tee time at 10 this morning, boys. I love me some El Ninio!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I think I'd rather have another year of Chip and Sam than Roseman back in charge.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,283

Well the fans get what they want and Chip is canned. Man, I haven't see this city so happy since October of '08. The level of hatred towards this guy here is pretty amazing. Is he the most hated coach/athlete since TO? I really think that might be the case...

I would've given him another year instead of firing him after one bad season but he would have to make changes Lurie felt were unrealistic to expect. I'm just concerned about the infrastructure of this organization moving forward. I mean Lurie was waaaaay too patient with Reid. He's probably overly impatient with Chip. Then he puts Roseman back into the same position he took him out of a year ago. Howie Roseman--the guy who all we heard about was that he lacks respect around the league because he's not "a football guy" is back to being the main "football guy" again. I don't get it. And here's Lurie talking about "collaborating" again. We're in the same position we were a few years ago and a few years before that. I hope this weird front office dynamic doesn't sway some of the top tier candidates away from this job, but i fear it might. Just hire a real, strong, general manager, Jeff. They have not had one since Modrak left in '02 and they have had only about 3, maybe 4 decent drafts since. Meet the new front office....same as the old front office. (I'll also add that I think a big reason for Chip's firing was his personality and not being able to relate to his players and people in general----but well who the hell does Roseman get along with other than Lurie? Just about every guy he's worked with, he's had problems with and then ultimately won a power struggle---Heckert, Banner, Reid, Gamble, and now Chip)

Some names I would have interest in, in no particular order:
    Sean McDermott (who never should have been fired here)
    Adam Gase
    Josh McDaniels
    Hue Jackson
    Greg Roman
    And, long shots, but if they end up leaving their current jobs: John Harbaugh and Sean Payton.

Now watch Chip end up in Tennessee and win a SB with his qb--the ultimate Philadelphia nightmare (and by the way---if Chip does end up somewhere in the next few weeks, Lurie should get more blame for not attempting some kind of trade similar to the Gruden Raiders/Bucs deal rather than just releasing him 5 days early).

We have the worst teams in the country.....but always the most interesting!

GO BIRDS.

yea hard to believe that so many were thinking this guy was the greatest thing since slice bread just over a year ago. I think the biggest issue was the players for Chip. clearly some of them were not enamored with him anymore and add that to some of the bad moves it added up to him being out. I was pretty surprised as I thought for sure Lurie would give him another year. I can't believe another NFL team is going to hire Chip so soon. After the debacle this year here how can you see Chip to your fan base? I think Chip ends up back in college probably at Texas.

For the Eagles personally I would prefer someone who has been a head coach before. If you make another hire of someone who hasn't and isn't ready you will set yourself back years. It will be interesting to see who gets fired from other places. I wouldn't mind John Harbaugh if he leaves or is fired in Baltimore.

as for others:
    Sean Payton - Not a huge fan of his. Think he is pretty average in N.O. to be honest

McDaniels seems pretty smug too and not sure how he would work with the media and fan base but wouldn't be against giving him a shot here.

Jim Mora Jr. - I think he would be an interesting candidate. had some success in Atlanta and has done a nice job at UCLA.

Cowher - would have to give him a boatload of money but I could see him getting back into coaching.

Gruden - I don't think Gruden is interested and not sure he would come back and coach in the same division as his brother anyway.

i'm sure there are plenty of names i am not thinking of at this point but will be interesting to see who emerges.
  • Options
    Well, okay. Now there are reports that they are indeed looking to hire a new head of player personnel. I could get on board with that...unless it's Ryan Grigson.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    duce staley interviewed for vacant head coach job.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    can you get the fat guy back?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

duce staley interviewed for vacant head coach job.

Looks like they are going to go after Gase aggressively. Would be totally fine with him being the guy.

Duce satisifes the Rooney Rule for them too
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    guess it was Chip, looking like a real football team now. :tongue:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Another good game by Bradford. 96 rating and 68% comp percent after the bye...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,546

Another good game by Bradford. 96 rating and 68% comp percent after the bye...

kind of skewed since it was against the Giants defense
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Looks like they will have the 13th pick. A loss would've given them the 10th.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    We passed on Gurley for Flowers the last draft. So...
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

you guys ran pretty well today against us.

Eagles lead the NFL in dropped passes this year image
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

igotid88 said:

surprised we're not first
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

i think you guys were second :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

i think you guys were second :lol:
    We're probably first in passes that should've been caught that turned into interceptions
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,283
    how about this stat . Andy Reid one of only 4 coaches in NFL history to win 11 or more games at least 8 times in a career. wow. the other 3 are Shula, Landry and that cheater up in New England. Impressive stuff.

ESPN.com saying Doug Pederson is Eagles top target as coach. Not sure how I feel about him.

Tom Coughlin looks to be out in NY. Heck of a coach. Be interesting to see who Giants end up with.

the last Giants QB to start against the Eagles other than Eli Manning was Kurt Warner on opening day 2004. wow that's a long time ago. crazy.

I like Arizona over Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl as of today.
  • Options
    I guess reading all the speculation on candidates is somewhat fun but we really have no idea who's best. Roseman soils everything. Gase is intriguing. I hear the name Pederson and I shudder.

Good for Andy & Maclin.

I read this morning that opposing K's have hit 37 in a row v. the Eagles. All I can do is shake my head.

This year shows why you just want to get in the playoffs no matter what the seed. No one is unbeatable by someone other than the Eagles.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    My Eagle fan wife was super excited at Chip's firing.....I was super pissed. USC went an gave their job to that fool of an interim coach and they could have had Kelly. Realize I am the severe minority here but I agree with Juggs that there should have been another year for Chip. I saw it up close while he was at Oregon and I was rooting for USC...guy is really a smart guy.
    I think the team didn't buy into it and he lacks some of the people skills that could have helped him out in getting that extra job. Hell of a paycheck to run him out.
    Good luck to the next guy, it is exciting to live around here when the Eagles are good so I hope they get good again soon.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved