Well, isnt this an interesting twist if true?

mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,641
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/islamic-state/12044964/Most-wanted-Mexican-drug-lord-El-Chapo-vows-to-destroy-Islamic-State.html?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook

By Nick Allen, Washington9:20PM GMT 10 Dec 2015
Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, the world's most wanted drug lord, has reportedly issued a threat to wipe out Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil) if they interfere with his operations in the Middle East.
According to a Mexican blog that reports on the country's drug cartels, the message was contained in an email, which has not been verified, that was leaked by a member of Guzman's Sinaloa cartel.
Guzman escaped from a maximum security prison in July after his associates dug a mile-long tunnel into his cell.

According to cartelblog.com, the email was sent after Isil destroyed a Sinaloa drug shipment in the Middle East, where it reportedly provides party drugs to customers including wealthy princes.
It reportedly named Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of Isil, and said: "My men will destroy you. You are not soldiers. You are nothing but lowly p------. Your god cannot save you from the true terror that my men will levy at you if you continue to impact my operation.

"I pity the next son of a whore that tries to interfere with the business of the Sinaloa Cartel. I will have their heart and tongue torn from them."
In October, authorities in Mexico said Guzman and been injured in a failed operation to recapture him at a ranch in the Sierra Madre mountains after US agents tracked his phone.
His prison escape was a major embarrassment for the Mexican government and more than a dozen prison officials have been detained over charges they helped him flee.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

Comments

• InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    "Sometimes Satan come as a man of peace." - Bob Dylan
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    What a strange mixed bag of players and new twist on the game. Where will the chips fall?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    Sure as hell would not want the Mexican drug cartels mad at me. The thing with them are, they will not stop until they get you and if they can't get you, you will find out or receive from other means, your family members in various states of dismemberment. Those drug cartels have a whole other set of rules, if any, they play by.
    A little off subject but this story reminded me of this: Just last night I read about Dwight Worker in Paul Watson's book, Ocean Warrior. Worker was incarcerated in Lecumberri Prison in Mexico City. He was arrested for trying to smuggle 780 grams of cocaine. Watson describes how a number of times Worker "suffered bloody, bone breaking thrashings, soul numbing bouts of enforced solitude, severe illness and contempt of his Latino cellmates". Worker know he would die in this prison so he escaped. Later he wrote a book about the experience which was later made into a movie. Worker went on to become an American professor, activist, and adventurer, and he is now still a fugitive. Somehow, Worker eventually got back into Mexico and climbed the one mountain he could see from his cell while in Lecumberri. When he got to the top of the mountain, having earlier vowed that he would shit on Mexico, he lowered his drawers and took and dump on the frozen summit. Once he had done that he said he had forgiven Mexico. Great story.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    edited December 2015
    brianlux said:

A little off subject but this story reminded me of this: Just last night I read about Dwight Worker in Paul Watson's book, Ocean Warrior. Worker was incarcerated in Lecumberri Prison in Mexico City. He was arrested for trying to smuggle 780 grams of cocaine. Watson describes how a number of times Worker "suffered bloody, bone breaking thrashings, soul numbing bouts of enforced solitude, severe illness and contempt of his Latino cellmates". Worker know he would die in this prison so he escaped. Later he wrote a book about the experience which was later made into a movie. Worker went on to become an American professor, activist, and adventurer, and he is now still a fugitive. Somehow, Worker eventually got back into Mexico and climbed the one mountain he could see from his cell while in Lecumberri. When he got to the top of the mountain, having earlier vowed that he would shit on Mexico, he lowered his drawers and took and dump on the frozen summit. Once he had done that he said he had forgiven Mexico. Great story.

They (Mexican Border Enforcement) didn't hold him at the border trying to re-enter into the U.S.A.? He is quite lucky that they didn't realize that he was a wanted man. Sounds like a pretty good book too. Didn't they make an episode of the Locked Up Abroad television show about him? His story sounds familiar for some reason.

***I missed the word "somehow" that you had typed in there. That would explain why he was able to enter Mexico and re-enter into the US.***
    Post edited by PJ88 on
    PJ88 said:

brianlux said:

They (Mexican Border Enforcement) didn't hold him at the border trying to re-enter into the U.S.A.? He is quite lucky that they didn't realize that he was a wanted man. Sounds like a pretty good book too. Didn't they make an episode of the Locked Up Abroad television show about him? His story sounds familiar for some reason.

***I missed the word "somehow" that you had typed in there. That would explain why he was able to enter Mexico and re-enter into the US.***
    Yeah, I'm not sure how Worker got back in. Watson didn't really explain. I imagine if he could escape a major prison down there he probably found it easier to sneak back in! I'm not sure about the TV show but then I hardly ever get any decent reception. Old school, LOL!

You sure get an impression of how rough those prisons are. There are lot's of gruesome stories about those places.

I went to Mexico in the late 80's to see my then ex and she said about 50 times, "Are you SURE you don't have any weed on you?"

"No, I'm clean, I'm clean!" Not gonna get busted in those parts, thank you very much.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    Hard core.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • brianlux said:

PJ88 said:

brianlux said:

Yeah, I'm not sure how Worker got back in. Watson didn't really explain. I imagine if he could escape a major prison down there he probably found it easier to sneak back in! I'm not sure about the TV show but then I hardly ever get any decent reception. Old school, LOL!

You sure get an impression of how rough those prisons are. There are lot's of gruesome stories about those places.

I went to Mexico in the late 80's to see my then ex and she said about 50 times, "Are you SURE you don't have any weed on you?"

"No, I'm clean, I'm clean!" Not gonna get busted in those parts, thank you very much.
    On two separate occasions I've literally kissed the ground upon entering the US. So I get Workers story. Sometimes you are very relieved to get out of a bad situation.
  • ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    edited December 2015
    A part of me doubts this is true, but I really hope it is. That's what we need, someone willing to fight those bastards they way they should be fought. With no limits. If it's true it may also help close up the potential of them using Mexico as one of their many routes into the country.
    edited December 2015
    Too bad, because that story was a little bit of interest and intrigue in what for me is quickly becoming a mind-numbing, bullshit mess. I was hoping for this darkly charming possibility distract me from all the stupidity that's going around.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJ_Soul said:

Too bad, because that story was a little bit of interest and intrigue in what for me is quickly becoming a mind-numbing, bullshit mess. I was hoping for this darkly charming possibility distract me from all the stupidity that's going around.

The stupid factor does seem to be on a dramatic rise again.
  • dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

Not really.
    One can't be against military action for this but be for "hard core" vigilante gangs to get the job done.
    edited December 2015

dignin said:

PJ_Soul said:

Not really.
    One can't be against military action for this but be for "hard core" vigilante gangs to get the job done.
    Who is against miltary action against ISIS? I don't think I have heard that from anyone (you know Canada isn't withdrawing all military involvement, right?). That said, why can't someone prefer that the cartels do it instead of the military? It would certainly be more cost effective, and no one really cares of members of a cartel die while they're at it.
    In any case, I simply liked the weird distraction that the story could have brought to the table.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
    Not bothering to answer that question.
    Who thinks military people are brainless robots? I never saw that, either. I have seen people talking about how many military people are basically brainwashed through their training. I would say it's pretty damned naive to assume otherwise. Of course militaries instill ideas and ways if thinking in their troops. Seems obvious.
  • ^^^
    Why would you not answer the fundamental question?
    What is the difference between a military and a mafia?
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

^^^

one is publicly approved by the government
    the other is discreetly approved by the government lol
    edited December 2015
    JWPearl said:

^^^

one is publicly approved by the government
    the other is discreetly approved by the government lol
    Yeah, because it's a dumb question.
    edited December 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, because it's a dumb question.

Because the answer is just that obvious. Come on. Why ask a question you know the answer to?
    edited December 2015
    PJ_Soul said:

Because the answer is just that obvious. Come on. Why ask a question you know the answer to?