Options

Pearl Jam Las Vegas 11/30/1993 Vault show #5 Vinyl & CD shipped!

Comments

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    a5pj said:

How do you check the shipping / tracking again?

Mine says shipped but I never received a shipping email or tracking number.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

PJ_Soul said:

Amir1978 said:

Technical question: are those who preordered the vinyl version of the Vault eligible for a (free) digital download of said release too?

There seems to be an entitlement from analog people that they should get the digital, too. That will never make sense to me. But as other people mentioned, it's happened on previous vaults.
    Why doesn't it make sense to you? The price of vinyl along with the fact that it is a pretty standard practice in the industry makes it a pretty reasonable expectation I think. That there was one included last time along with the fact that we are paying members of 10C makes it weird that there isn't one this time.
    I never buy a record expecting it to come with a digital copy. It's a cool extra if it does, but I don't go around demanding it if it doesn't. That's just me, I guess. But I understand that they've offered it for previous vaults, so expecting it is reasonable in this case.
    Yeah, I don't really see it as "expecting" or "entitlement." It's kinda ridiculous for a retailer, record label, manufacturer, etc to "expect" the consumer to buy 2 copies of the same album. CDs are pretty much a thing of the past, and vinyl & digital seem to be the main formats today. There's no easy way for the common consumer to convert vinyl to digital like you could with CDs. And with the price of vinyl being outrageous, it seems only fitting to include a digital copy. Even if it's only 256k mp3s.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,064

PJ_Soul said:

Amir1978 said:

Technical question: are those who preordered the vinyl version of the Vault eligible for a (free) digital download of said release too?

There seems to be an entitlement from analog people that they should get the digital, too. That will never make sense to me. But as other people mentioned, it's happened on previous vaults.
    Why doesn't it make sense to you? The price of vinyl along with the fact that it is a pretty standard practice in the industry makes it a pretty reasonable expectation I think. That there was one included last time along with the fact that we are paying members of 10C makes it weird that there isn't one this time.
    I never buy a record expecting it to come with a digital copy. It's a cool extra if it does, but I don't go around demanding it if it doesn't. That's just me, I guess. But I understand that they've offered it for previous vaults, so expecting it is reasonable in this case.
    Yeah, I don't really see it as "expecting" or "entitlement." It's kinda ridiculous for a retailer, record label, manufacturer, etc to "expect" the consumer to buy 2 copies of the same album. CDs are pretty much a thing of the past, and vinyl & digital seem to be the main formats today. There's no easy way for the common consumer to convert vinyl to digital like you could with CDs. And with the price of vinyl being outrageous, it seems only fitting to include a digital copy. Even if it's only 256k mp3s.
    Yup. Agreed. The price of vinyl is pretty steep. An mp3 should be included IMO. Expecting people to spend another $7-10 dollars to have a digital copy seems a bit ridiculous to me.
  • Options
    skinnyportageeskinnyportagee Texas Posts: 145
    ComeToTX said:

a5pj said:

I'm in Texas too. I got an email with a tracking number. It's scheduled for delivery on Wednesday. I'd guess yours will be too.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148

ComeToTX said:

a5pj said:

I'm in Texas too. I got an email with a tracking number. It's scheduled for delivery on Wednesday. I'd guess yours will be too.
    Cool thanks for the update
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Amir1978Amir1978 Posts: 143

PJ_Soul said:

Amir1978 said:

Most other bands do offer a download code along with the record. Some others even include the CD. Hell, if I buy a record off amazon, I get "autorip" for free, don't I?
    Of course the record has better quality overall, but I like to play them on the move or in the car, not just in the living room.
    Rome 1996 - Milan 2000 - Verona 2006 - London 2009 - EV Hammersmith II 2012 - Milan 2014 - EV Florence & Sicily I-II 2017 - Barolo 2019
  • Options
    Amir1978 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Amir1978 said:

Most other bands do offer a download code along with the record. Some others even include the CD. Hell, if I buy a record off amazon, I get "autorip" for free, don't I?
    Of course the record has better quality overall, but I like to play them on the move or in the car, not just in the living room.
    Yep, forgot about AutoRip. Heck, you even get that if you order a CD on Amazon, so you can listen instantly instead of waiting 2 days to get your CD in the mail.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,172
    Amir1978 said:

I can take or leave the mp3s and I've moved onto FLACs (which most records don't include, but they should, because were audiophiles). I really do like it when they include the CD though. Then I can rip it to whatever format I want, and have a vinyl too. I haven seen too many artists to that. The last AiC and Springsteen albums come to mind.
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,976
    How long did it take for you guys to get your CDs?

I ordered mine over a week ago and my order status still says Warehouse.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    If I recall correctly, Nugs went on vacation for like 10 days last year at this time. Repeat?
  • Options
    Oh, maybe. I haven't tried to contact them. That makes sense though. Orders I placed with them in the past came pretty quickly.

Thanks!
  • Options
    BHealyBHealy Flagstaff, Arizona Posts: 466
    Got my vinyl today in Arizona!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    the show is really good..just listen it..love it..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Driftin'AlongDriftin'Along Posts: 1,403
    edited December 2015
    Didn't get any UPS email or anything from 10C but mine arrived yesterday in Arizona. Gave side A and side C a spin. It all sounds good so far to me...Love hearing the early live stuff.
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,855
    edited December 2015
    dudeman said:

How long did it take for you guys to get your CDs?

I ordered mine over a week ago and my order status still says Warehouse.

Over / under a month with Nugs / 10club.

My CD was shipped out after my vinyl was shipped. Hopefully they will arrive here a few day's before Christmas.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    Just talked to nugs. My cd should be shipping out today. Really excited to play this show in my car!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    dudeman said:

Just talked to nugs. My cd should be shipping out today. Really excited to play this show in my car!

From order to my house took about a week.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Still no vinyl lol
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Vinyl arrived last week here in Missouri. No tracking/ship confirmation.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Europe anyone?
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Canada before 2016?
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,172
    hsohi said:

Canada before 2016?

I think so. I think it takes two extra weeks above how long it takes to get to the domestic 10c fans. They're just starting to get there's now so my prediction is we start seeing them two weeks after the first American 10c member got theirs.
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Zod said:

hsohi said:

Canada before 2016?

I think so. I think it takes two extra weeks above how long it takes to get to the domestic 10c fans. They're just starting to get there's now so my prediction is we start seeing them two weeks after the first American 10c member got theirs.
    Cool
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    The Young and the Vaultless
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

dudeman said:

From order to my house took about a week.
    CDs were supposed to ship yesterday per an e-mail I got from nugs. Still hasn't shipped as of the end of business today.

Anyone else waiting on a CD order?
  • Options
    Finally got tracking for my vinyl. Cant wait!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,855
    hsohi said:

Canada before 2016?

Gonna say yes, but I don't think we will receive them before Christmas. I had a few packages pushed backed a few day's ago from USPS & Canada Post, all with tracking #'s. Being that we don't receive any tracking #'s with 10club up here, and yet Europe hasn't received their Vault 5 vinyls, and to add on top of that the holiday season .. it's gonna be some time.
  • Options
    PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    edited December 2015
    I always found Nugs' shipping to be top notch. From the time I ordered the Vault #5 cd to the time it hit my mailbox was 5 days, if that. I was totally amazed with how quick I received the cd because I am on the east coast. In looking at my previous orders, I haven't had to wait more than a week for a cd shipment. That's pretty awesome considering where they are located and where I am located (opposite sides of the country). Has anyone else had this kind of quality shipping in their orders considering where they are located in comparison to Nugs?
    Post edited by PJ88 on
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited December 2015
    Never received tracking or shipping email. My vinyl showed up in Phoenix two days ago. Was a nice surprise.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    I want that logo in the bottom right in high resolution! if you look at the banner they have a really nice full quality version of it but it's cropped a lot!