Options

You know you're getting old when...

Comments

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Gillycw said:

^^^^this
    Plus you can not get up, sit down or bend over without letting out an involuntary grunt
    PS old farts rule

lol i do that now.. oh boy im old hahaha
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    you get the "meet mature singles" emails...omg.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,709
    Besides gaining a little wisdom and experience along the way, the one thing about getting old: it beats the alternative. :smile:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    GillycwGillycw Sydney Posts: 524
    brianlux said:

Besides gaining a little wisdom and experience along the way, the one thing about getting old: it beats the alternative. :smile:

Absolutely!!
    And I've finally learned the hard way that nothing good happens after 2am
    :open_mouth:
  • Options
    when you always check the weather to see if is anything good
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    brianlux said:

I say this all the time! Especially when people say "Dont get old" they may as well be telling you to drop dead!
    Post edited by Sprunkn7 on
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

brianlux said:

I say this all the time! Especially when people say "Dont get old" they may as well be telling you to drop dead!
    :plus_one:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    When you love your sleep lol..
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    when you don't feel fresh......even after a shower.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited November 2015

when you don't feel fresh......even after a shower.

This made me laugh (Maybe you have dirty thoughts) lol
  • Options
    DancedNLaughterDancedNLaughter the 509 Posts: 323
    When you start receiving brochures in the mail about cremation and hearing aids.
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • Options

When you start receiving brochures in the mail about cremation and hearing aids.

Maybe write on them, "Return to sender, not going there yet!" :smile:

• Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    When you indulge in certain foods and they no longer agree with you...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,612
    You can ride your bike 100 miles and still move around fine the next day. The youngsters shoot their load early and drop out!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Nice attitude...and metaphor =)

I've got the goddamned knee-cracking thing when I stand up.

And even better, those two irritating vertical lines between my brows, like Vedder's. Still, fuck Botox!
  • Options
    When you post on a "You know you're getting old when" thread and feel a bit like an old fart... and then you remember that you started the thread and really feel like an old fart. :grimacing:

• Options
    you look in the attic at ALL your Christmas decorations and realize you have WAY TOO MUCH!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Sprunkn7 said:

you look in the attic at ALL your Christmas decorations and realize you have WAY TOO MUCH!

Last year I was bah humbug-ing my way through setting up the tree and I realized we have more ornaments than branches on the tree.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    lol..my tree is usually packed so much it looks like it may fall over. With a new cat this year I maybe leaving the breakables off.
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    When you go food shopping, pick up two of something because it's a good deal, get home and realize you already have two of the same item, one still unopened. Let's just say I have enough plastic wrap to last me a long ass time. :blush:
  • Options

When you go food shopping, pick up two of something because it's a good deal, get home and realize you already have two of the same item, one still unopened. Let's just say I have enough plastic wrap to last me a long ass time. :blush:

I have to make a list. If I don't make a list I wander around the store and buy all the same stuff I already have at home. it's very sad.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

I have to make a list. If I don't make a list I wander around the store and buy all the same stuff I already have at home. it's very sad.
    Same here. I have to write everything down. Sometimes when I get up for something across the room I think I should fly notes over there to remind myself of why I got up to go there in the first place. :lol:

• Options
    I learned at work to leave a note on my keys. If I have something in the fridge to bring home or something dumb to do on the way home like get milk. If I have something at home to bring to work I call my house and lv a msg. When i get home and listen to it I put things right in my bag. If its in the fridge...another note on my keys.

Also...at least 2 times a month I get to work and have left my coffee and my lunch home on the counter. Try as I might I do it all the time!
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,774
    Sprunkn7 said:

Even more sad, it was on my list. I made the list while looking at the ad at my dads, saw the sale, thought I needed it, then while shopping, thought this is a great deal, I should buy two.

We've been giving my dad a hard time (jokingly) because he has multiple everything.
    He has 4 jars of peanut butter, 5 cans of pineapple, etc. He's 82.

I got home from shopping and realized what I did and could only shake my head.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2015
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    ^^^ PJFan has squeaky clean lawns! :smiley:

• Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    When you listen to reason instead of indulging a passion... even if you don't want to...
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    You stop at McDonald's on a road trip and hear Brian Ferry and the Bangles over the PA. You think, hey, they're finally playing more current music in these places and then realize that that's what now passes for oldies.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    when you watch a movie you have already seen.......and don't realize it until the end.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com