Options

What's on your holiday gear wishlist?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Used a gift card to get a TC Electronic Flashback Mini Delay Pedal. Have read a lot of positive reviews. Cant wait to get it and test it out.
  • Options
    BHealyBHealy Flagstaff, Arizona Posts: 466
    Nice! I have their Ditto Looper- love it.
  • Options
    Stickman12 wrote: »
    Used a gift card to get a TC Electronic Flashback Mini Delay Pedal. Have read a lot of positive reviews. Cant wait to get it and test it out.
    PLEASE give us a review!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Options
    Ditto for you BHealy (on the review)
  • Options
    No problem!

I use the Ditto looper mainly to practice improvising over a chord progression, but it could be used for gigging and layering sounds. Its extremely simple- just one button and a level (volume) dial. To record, you just push the button, and then push the button again to loop it. I had a hard time with the timing at first- getting the loop to play in rhythm takes some practice, but its not too. bad. I'm used to it now. Its pretty small also, so its easy to squeeze onto a board.
  • Options
    BHealy wrote: »
    No problem!

I use the Ditto looper mainly to practice improvising over a chord progression, but it could be used for gigging and layering sounds. Its extremely simple- just one button and a level (volume) dial. To record, you just push the button, and then push the button again to loop it. I had a hard time with the timing at first- getting the loop to play in rhythm takes some practice, but its not too. bad. I'm used to it now. Its pretty small also, so its easy to squeeze onto a board.

I use my delays for that but I only get 4-6 seconds. I use it for Army Reserve, Immortality, and Porch but that's about all I can fit
  • Options
    I've recorded the rhythm parts for an entire song (like Nothing As It Seems), on the Ditto looper and then played the lead parts over it.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    The Ditto is really cool. Fun way to to just kill an hour.

I had an Amazon gift card that I cashed out and I grabbed an Earthquaker Devices Grand Orbiter phaser. Really awesome and versatile pedal. Covers my vibe sounds and about any phase sound you can throw at it and made room for the moog.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote: »

I had an Amazon gift card that I cashed out and I grabbed an Earthquaker Devices Grand Orbiter phaser. Really awesome and versatile pedal. Covers my vibe sounds and about any phase sound you can throw at it and made room for the moog.

Nice! Comparable to a "uni-vibe" type sound, do you think?
  • Options
    Definitely...more for that washy chorus-y Floyd type than standard pitch vibrato, for what I use it for. But also pitch vibrato with a switch, by taking out the dry signal. There's also a 3 way speed switch and this pedal can get a slower and faster sweep than any modulation pedal I have in my collection, along with a setting that kills the sweep for a filter matrix mode.

I won't say that its as good as my MJM 60s Vibe, but most dedicated vibe pedals cant compare with that beauty.
  • Options
    Cool! I'll check that one out! Thanks!
  • Options
    Found this demo: http://youtu.be/ZV7uA88jt94

Seems versatile!
  • Options
    It really is. The one I snagged is actually the updated version that came out a few months ago. They added a speed led, put it in a smaller box and added a notch in the rate switch for the filter matrix.
  • Options
    steeler4lifesteeler4life Philadelphia area Posts: 405
    I got a great 2009 American Fender Strat (used), Soul Food overdrive pedal which I'm still toying with, and a 100W Fender Champion.
    Anybody know of any really good phaser pedals or distortion pedals? I like using my Soul Food as a clean boost b/c the gain on it is only ok. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Philly 10/21/13 Seattle 12/06/13 "No Code" 10/17/14
  • Options
    It really is. The one I snagged is actually the updated version that came out a few months ago. They added a speed led, put it in a smaller box and added a notch in the rate switch for the filter matrix.

Pretty expensive too, but I guess you get what you pay for!
    I got a great 2009 American Fender Strat (used), Soul Food overdrive pedal which I'm still toying with, and a 100W Fender Champion.
    Anybody know of any really good phaser pedals or distortion pedals? I like using my Soul Food as a clean boost b/c the gain on it is only ok. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats on your strat!! I really like the MXR Super Badass distortion. It has an EQ, and you can get a wide range of OD/Distortion out of it. That was an early Christmas present to myself.
  • Options
    MXR Phase 90 is the classic. I love it. Distortion...The DS1 is always a classic. The BD2 Blues Driver is the most versatile IMO. Everything from clean tube break up/clean boost all the way to a heavy crunch. I'm not obsessed with the boutique pedals (like some). I've got about 5 or 6 Dist/OD pedals on my board. The BOSS pedals are great for modifying, too.
  • Options
    steeler4lifesteeler4life Philadelphia area Posts: 405
    MXR Phase 90 is the classic. I love it. Distortion...The DS1 is always a classic. The BD2 Blues Driver is the most versatile IMO. Everything from clean tube break up/clean boost all the way to a heavy crunch. I'm not obsessed with the boutique pedals (like some). I've got about 5 or 6 Dist/OD pedals on my board. The BOSS pedals are great for modifying, too.

Thanks for the advice. I checked out the DS1 and really like it, but I also tried out the OCD and it sounded great as well. I think I'm gonna get a DS1 and mod it though.
    Since you were so helpful with that, do you know of any great delay pedals?
    Philly 10/21/13 Seattle 12/06/13 "No Code" 10/17/14
  • Options

Thanks for the advice. I checked out the DS1 and really like it, but I also tried out the OCD and it sounded great as well. I think I'm gonna get a DS1 and mod it though.
    Since you were so helpful with that, do you know of any great delay pedals?

Depends on what you're looking for. The cheap PB&J delay from Danelectro was good but not road worthy (good if you aren't jumping and gigging with it). Decent for short delays. My favorite is the Digitech X-Series Delay. I've got two on my board. Very versatile. The BOSS DD6 is more expensive and does basically the same thing as the X-Series. The Ibanez AD9 Analog is decent analog but you can't get that crazy warp sounds. I have the MXR Carbon Copy analog delay and it's the best analog delay for the price. Gives me a great harsh delay but also good for smooth subtle analog sound. Finally, the BOSS reverb/delay is decent for reverb and very short delays. Like I said, it all depends on what you're looking for and how much you're looking to spend. Again, I'm not the biggest into boutique pedals because I can't afford them and I never got into the major hype over the indie craze. There are some great ones out there but I just never tried them. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Stickman12 wrote: »
    PLEASE give us a review!

So Ive been playing around with this pedal for about a week now and as much as I would love to give a review of it, I feel as if I am not qualified. I still consider myself in the beginner/intermediate phase as I have only been learning/playing for about two and a half years. Second, this is the first delay pedal that I have owned. Its hard for me to compare it to anything else. With that all said, I can say that this pedal will serve MY needs and wants as it pertains to sound with no problem. Having an unseasoned ear, I still can tell that it is versatile enough to probably meet the needs of a wide spectrum. Tweeking the settings really can take delay to where you want it. My one recommendation is that I would go for the TC Flashback Delay and Looper Pedal with four knobs instead of the Mini Pedal with three knobs. The four knob pedal has all the tone prints already on the pedal and a turn of the knob can change each one. With the mini, it comes loaded with the 2290 delay and you can change the tone prints but requires you to download them onto the pedal. I have been fortunate to have received great advice and knowledge from friends who have played for many years as well as other 10c members who have shared their knowledge and insight as well. Both have been an invaluable service to me and pursuit to be a better player.
  • Options
    Thanks for the review. I never knew about the downloading thing. I might shy away from it because of that.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    What's on the list this year ladies and gents?!? Anything exciting?

I'm looking to go get new strings on my acoustic and just sneak in any practice I can! Lol its the small things :smiley:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    I like the idea of the Catlinbread Dirty Little Secret. I'd also like a small, cheap practice amp. And of course a 59 Les Paul. :)