Options

Mad Season / Seattle Symphony / Sonic Evolution CD & Vinyl Presale *random splatter vinyl

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    dudeman said:

stukatz said:

also received mine in toronto today. it's not splattered, oh well. and on a related note, the sound quality on the CD was horrible, hope it's a little more clear on vinyl, but i'm guessing not as the master would have been the same. Live at the Moore sounded awesome on vinyl!

While Sonic Evolution isn't an audiophile quality recording, I don't think it's that bad. The CD and LP sound pretty similar to me. If you aren't happy with the CD, I imagine you won't like the LP either.

You're absolutely right about the Moore show. As Layne says: "This kicks ass!".
    It's noticeably muddy, especially side A, but yeah it's THAT bad. Someone said some of it sounds like an audience boot. I wouldn't go that far, lol. The second disc sounds better than the first I think.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,598
    So, blame the pressing plant or the recording? One would think this would be from the soundboard...
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    kramer73 said:

So, blame the pressing plant or the recording? One would think this would be from the soundboard...

Pressing is fine, just the mastering leaves a lot to be desired.
  • Options
    MedozK said:

kramer73 said:

Pressing is fine, just the mastering leaves a lot to be desired.
    Yup.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,725
    Availability: Ships Today! Mad Season and The Seattle Symphony - Sonic Evolution 1/30/15 (Vinyl 2LP) http://www.musicdirect.com/p-344892-mad-season-and-the-seattle-symphony-sonic-evolution-13015-vinyl-2lp.aspx
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
  • Options
    Mine shipped from Amazon UK today - expected to be delivered Friday 2nd.
    1996-10-28 Wembley Arena, London, England, UK 2010-06-25 Hyde Park, London, England, UK 2012-06-21 MEN Arena, Manchester, England, UK 2014-07-11 Milton Keynes Bowl, Milton Keynes, England, UK
  • Options
    Is gonna be the nekt bennie?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

bruno66 said:

to be honest I couldn't give a flying fart if its black white red splatter or pink with white dots... just wish my copy from amazon uk (ordered from there because of the mad mental postage 10c were wanting) would stop getting feckin delayed!

@bruno66 Sorry to tell you, but you won't be getting it from Amazon. They will eventually cancel your order. 10C already confirmed that they did not distribute to Amazon. Unfortunately, Amazon pulls this move all the time. They simply post the item with no idea if they'll ever get it or not, and then will lead you on for months before finally admitting that they can't fulfill your order. It's one of the reason I will never buy pre-sales from them. If I were you, I'd cancel the order right now and seek the album out elsewhere before they become harder to find.
    Got my notification today... Fingers crossed!!!
  • Options
    JL21813JL21813 Posts: 11
    edited September 2015

Yes and No.
    First, YES! This was recorded at Benaroya Hall, 1/30/15.

More than QTY-2000 must have been pressed
    and definitely not if Amazon is fulfilling orders. It seems like more were pressed as Ten Club sold out and the release date was roughly moved a month.

Take it for what it is.
    Post edited by JL21813 on
  • Options
    bruno66 said:

PJ_Soul said:

bruno66 said:

to be honest I couldn't give a flying fart if its black white red splatter or pink with white dots... just wish my copy from amazon uk (ordered from there because of the mad mental postage 10c were wanting) would stop getting feckin delayed!

@bruno66 Sorry to tell you, but you won't be getting it from Amazon. They will eventually cancel your order. 10C already confirmed that they did not distribute to Amazon. Unfortunately, Amazon pulls this move all the time. They simply post the item with no idea if they'll ever get it or not, and then will lead you on for months before finally admitting that they can't fulfill your order. It's one of the reason I will never buy pre-sales from them. If I were you, I'd cancel the order right now and seek the album out elsewhere before they become harder to find.
    Interesting! Congrats - good thing you didn't listen to me/10C ..... odd that 10C's info contradicted this completely, eh?? But I'm sure Amazon wouldn't have sent shipping notification if they didn't have them. :)
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

bruno66 said:

PJ_Soul said:

bruno66 said:

Interesting! Congrats - good thing you didn't listen to me/10C ..... odd that 10C's info contradicted this completely, eh?? But I'm sure Amazon wouldn't have sent shipping notification if they didn't have them. :)
    Bear in mind this is Amazon UK - the supplier is 'Import Exclusive' so this could just be an error on whoever is handling distribution in the UK. Did any Amazon US or CA orders ship?

Incidentally - currently instock at Amazon UK here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonic-Evolution-30-15-VINYL/dp/B011DNGL7S
    1996-10-28 Wembley Arena, London, England, UK 2010-06-25 Hyde Park, London, England, UK 2012-06-21 MEN Arena, Manchester, England, UK 2014-07-11 Milton Keynes Bowl, Milton Keynes, England, UK
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    No red splatter for me :bawling:
    Never thought I'd be upset to say that!!!!
    Packaging is very cool tho :smiley:
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    kenkkenk Posts: 210
    JL21813 said:

Yes and No.

and definitely not if Amazon is fulfilling orders. It seems like more were pressed as Ten Club sold out and the release date was roughly moved a month.

Take it for what it is.
    It'll never be the next Bennie because it's not a straight PJ record. But as far as quantity, all we know that Think Indie only had 1000 of these for stores and they said that there were not sending any to Amazon US. It's possibly maybe 10C sent a few over to amazon UK but i wouldn't expect many to be fulfilled by Amazon as a whole. So that just leaves the 1k plus whatever 10C sold over the few days they wree available. I can't imagine they sold a ton only because they didn't list it as limited to i know a lot of people just held off figuring it would get a general release. So I'd guess the total pressing is still only 2 or 3 k.

The delay had nothing to do with pressing more of these. You can't get new orders pressed that fast. That was due to the heat wave in Europe if i remember correctly.
  • Options
    Arrived today in Burlington, Ontario, Canada - not the red splatter version (too bad) but happy to have gotten a copy without much fuss! To be spun in about an hour - damn work getting in the way!
  • Options
    sj9966sj9966 UK Posts: 55
    I also received shipping notification from Amazon UK, scheduled to arrive on Friday.

Scranton 1992, Manchester 1 2012, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Wrigley 1 2016, Amsterdam 1 2018, Prague 2018, London 2 2018, EV Madrid 2019, Hyde Park 1 2022, Hyde Park 2 2022

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Who cares how many were pressed if it sounds like shit
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    my2hands said:

is that bad, really?
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    my guy will get 5 late this week
  • Options
    Red splatter version received here in Portugal today, weeee ...
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    Hi-
    Has anyone received a Red Splatter LP from a online store, other then PJ website?
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

my2hands said:

is that bad, really?
    Not the worst I have heard, but it's not to good.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,883

my2hands said:

is that bad, really?

No.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    ali_burge said:

kenk said:

JL21813 said:

Yes and No.

Take it for what it is.
    It'll never be the next Bennie because it's not a straight PJ record. But as far as quantity, all we know that Think Indie only had 1000 of these for stores and they said that there were not sending any to Amazon US. It's possibly maybe 10C sent a few over to amazon UK but i wouldn't expect many to be fulfilled by Amazon as a whole. So that just leaves the 1k plus whatever 10C sold over the few days they wree available. I can't imagine they sold a ton only because they didn't list it as limited to i know a lot of people just held off figuring it would get a general release. So I'd guess the total pressing is still only 2 or 3 k.

The delay had nothing to do with pressing more of these. You can't get new orders pressed that fast. That was due to the heat wave in Europe if i remember correctly.
  • Options
    JL21813JL21813 Posts: 11
    edited October 2015

ali_burge said:

kenk said:

JL21813 said:

Yes and No.

Take it for what it is.

Plausible.
    Post edited by JL21813 on
  • Options

ali_burge said:

kenk said:

JL21813 said:

Yes and No.

Take it for what it is.

Somewhere in Europe a store received 50+
  • Options
    Naked JohnNaked John Posts: 276
    edited October 2015
    This will play out interestingly. Think Indie seems to have QTY-1000. They are selling out. Down the line this may become a record sought after even pressed in black, Tough to tell right now as some Indie Think stores have been able to access more i.e. MelodySupreme (Gone Now) Indie Think stores are still receiving. QTY-2000 seems accurate...at the moment world wide.
    Post edited by Naked John on
  • Options
    I guess it will take some time before people realize the release is available. Then *poof* they are gone. The E-bay demand is lacking at the moment since they can be purchased at the right time and place. Some may be disappointed that they did not get the Variant and realize they "need" this release regardless of color, mastering and sound quality.