***CHICAGO WHITE SOX***

Comments

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Well I think it's time to start trading everyone. I would trade anyone except Sale and Reed. Time to rebuild this shitty farm system.

I'd trade Reed too...

Sale is a keeper, no questions asked. I may also keep gordo and rios, beyond that....get what you can.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    81 wrote:
    Well I think it's time to start trading everyone. I would trade anyone except Sale and Reed. Time to rebuild this shitty farm system.

I'd trade Reed too...

Sale is a keeper, no questions asked. I may also keep gordo and rios, beyond that....get what you can.

Not Reed. A young closer that comes cheap and you have control over for a few years is tough to find.

Why keep Beckham?? Good fielder, but the guy just can't hit. Not sure they'd get much for him anyways. Maybe keep Rios, but this team isn't going to compete for a couple years so might as well get rid of him too. The farm system is so bad. It's time to restock.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Depends on what you get for reed. if he is cheap and locked up...keep em..unless you can get something good for him. closers seem to be relatively easy to find.

gordo....after two years of crap hitting, he's fianlly starting to hit again, and he has gold glove ability, and from what i hear, he has the potential to be a good club house leader. i'd keep him.

Rios is there best player right now not named sale. but i agree, if you are looking at 2-3 years of a complete rebuild, trade him now
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Depends on what you get for reed. if he is cheap and locked up...keep em..unless you can get something good for him. closers seem to be relatively easy to find.

gordo....after two years of crap hitting, he's fianlly starting to hit again, and he has gold glove ability, and from what i hear, he has the potential to be a good club house leader. i'd keep him.

Rios is there best player right now not named sale. but i agree, if you are looking at 2-3 years of a complete rebuild, trade him now

Yeah, pretty sure they have control of Reed for awhile on the cheap. There are some teams looking for closers though so if you could get a nice haul for him, why not.

Beckham has been hitting decent so far this year....only 28 games though. I could take him or leave him at this point. I guess they can't trade the whole team. :lol:

I really don't see them competing for a few years so I think now is definitely the time to trade Rios.

Oh yeah, and I'll be at the game tomorrow. :fp:
    Still waiting for the firesale to begin....
    Peavy pushed back to tomorrow night....hopefully he is dealt by then.

Also sounds like Rios may be heading to Pittsburgh. Let the fire sale begin!
    I like the Peavy deal. Garcia from Detroit is a big-time prospect who is major league ready now. 3 low level guys...hopefully at least 1 of them can turn into something. Kinda bummed that they didn't make more moves, but I have a feeling Hahn will be busy in the offseason. Hopefully they get can get rid of Rios and Ramirez.

As for the actual team...wow do they fucking stink. At this point I hope they just keep sucking it up so the Sox get the #1 pick next year.
    Opening day! Can't get any worse than last season. I like our pitching. Hopefully some of these young guys can hit! 75-80 wins would be a very successful season.
    Well I guess I'm just talking to myself in this thread. This board has really gone down the tubes.

Nice to see Abreu go deep twice last night...he has some power!
    Abreu AL Rookie and Player of the month. And on the cover of SI! Pretty awesome start.

Pitching staff has been a mess, but a couple of guys have stepped into the rotation and given some solid innings. Looking forward to Sale getting back...him and Abreu are the main reasons to watch this team these days.
    edited December 2014
    LOVE how aggressive Rich Hahn has been this offseason. Robertson and Duke will help out big time with the bullpen. Really like the Samardzija trade as well...could only turn out to be a 1 year rental, but it wouldn't surprise me if they ended up signing him to a long-term deal. For a guy his age, he does not have a lot of miles at all on his arm.
    Rough start on opening day. Micah Johnson gets his first career hit, but then gets picked off of first base. Brutal.

I'll be there for the home opener on Friday...can't wait.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Lifeless, boring and in the cellar and no playoffs since 2008 and counting. When will we see changes?

Lifeless, boring and in the cellar and no playoffs since 2008 and counting. When will we see changes?

Not during the year, that's for sure. Reinsdorf is way too loyal to his guys. Ventura clearly isn't a good manager. Lifeless and boring is a perfect way to describe this team....it's tough to watch.
    Sale-Rodon is a pretty nice 1-2 punch at the top of the rotation. We'll be enjoying that for years to come. If only Samardzija wasn't such a shithead, they might have a chance to do something this year. And the offense sucks.
    Of course this team gets hot right before the trade deadline. Still think they should be sellers....dug themselves way too big of a hole early.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Do you people actually like hawk?
    The dude literally yelled "we're back in it" when abreu hot that home run. How do you deal with it?

And then they give up a run and he sounds like he is going to off himself
    I would love to heckle this dude
    Well this just made me laugh

"We're half way home...and we're in deep trouble"

Do you people actually like hawk?

Not really. I loved him when I was younger. His catchphrases can be pretty good at times. But as I've gotten older, his whole act has gotten pretty old. And he constantly bitches about the umpires....one bad call goes against the Sox and he doesn't let it go for the entire game. The worst part is that Reinsdorf will never get rid of him and Hawk says he wants to die in the booth.
    edited August 2015
    Loved these throwbacks they wore last night. Too bad they didn't wear the shorts that they actually wore back in the day...

Post edited by Indifference71 on
    As expected, they are bringing back Ventura. Fading further and further into obscurity. Managers definitely get too much blame and too much credit, but just don't see how you can bring Ventura back after 3 straight losing seasons especially this past season that had high expectations. As usual, there aren't many consequences if you're one of Reinsdorf's guys. It's hard to see anything changing as long as Kenny Williams is still there. I can't even imagine how many people won't be renewing season tickets. What an embarrassment.
    2-0! Nice start to the season winning 1-run games back to back. A good start is key for this team.
    What a start! Pitching has been out of this world. I worry about the offense a bit because the pitching can't be this good all year. Garcia still drives me nuts...won't be surprised if he gets sent down to Charlotte soon and they give someone else a shot. Can't be any worse than he has been.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Yeah, I was expecting the Sox to be somewhere in the middle of the pack this year. Crazy start!

Go Cubs! :D
    Still playing great. So happy that they finally cut ties with Danks.....they have a chance to make a run this year so no more fucking around with that guy. He just never was the same after his shoulder surgery a few years ago. I'm loving Lawrie. He's definitely the type of guy this team needed after the dead ass clubhouse they had last year. Abreu is heating up and still waiting for Frazier to really get going. Should be a fun summer.
    Watch the Sox go on a streak right now up until the trade deadline and then decide not to be sellers. That would be awful. Trade everyone!!!
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    It's been so long since anyone has given a fuck about this shit team that 81 is still on the last page.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place

It's been so long since anyone has given a fuck about this shit team that 81 is still on the last page.

LOL. Yep, it's pretty much just me talking to myself in here a few times per season. Sad.