Latin America Tour 2015 Updated

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490

GOT BA!!!!!!! Guess Ill pick them up on Opera Road at Ticketek.
    At least I think thats the option I chose lol

We chose the opera house option too.
    I did not see anyhting that said you had to pick them up 48hrs in advance did you?
    I did not see that. I hope that isn't the case.
  • Ince.esInce.es BCN - Spain Posts: 306
    edited May 2015

I did not see anyhting that said you had to pick them up 48hrs in advance did you?
    I did not see that. I hope that isn't the case.
    http://www.ticketek.com.ar/ayuda#static_pages_children-page-4
    "Si seleccionás el servicio de “Retiro por puntos de venta”, podés retirar tus tickets en cualquiera de nuestros puntos de venta habilitados. Podés hacerlo hasta 48 horas antes del evento."

A guy on Twitter is telling me that he usually pick up the tickets in Buenos Aires the same day of the show, but who knows...
    Post edited by Ince.es on
    Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me -> Stupid Mop -> Estúpida Fregona -> www.estupidafregona.net
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Ince.es, thanks for that.
    We want to spend two nights between Santiago and BA shows in Mendoza getting blasted on Malbec lol
  • pearljam1809pearljam1809 Posts: 863
    jaykay20 said:

Ince.es said:

jaykay20 said:

Is there a good train connection from La Plata to Buenos Aires after the show? I think I will book a hotel in Buenos Aires, that might be more interesting than La Plata.

I have never been in La Plata Stadium (I have been once in Argentina), but most of the people will return to the downtown after the show. So there should not be any problem...

Thanks for your answer, Ince.es! I bought the tickets for Buenos Aires. I'm sure this will be a magical mystery trip!
    No trains.
    More close to the date, there will be bus or mini van services to hire....
  • diego92diego92 Posts: 38
    Just got my tickets! Never was this easy, the late-release password system worked out!

For those buying from other countries, keep in mind that you'll be required an ID and credit card at the moment of ticket pick up, and they have to match the ID and credit card you used to purchase. At least that's what it said on ticketek website, and they have requested it to me in the past.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136

ME TOO!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • jaykay20jaykay20 Mannheim, Germany Posts: 379

jaykay20 said:

Ince.es said:

jaykay20 said:

Is there a good train connection from La Plata to Buenos Aires after the show? I think I will book a hotel in Buenos Aires, that might be more interesting than La Plata.

I have never been in La Plata Stadium (I have been once in Argentina), but most of the people will return to the downtown after the show. So there should not be any problem...

Thanks for your answer, Ince.es! I bought the tickets for Buenos Aires. I'm sure this will be a magical mystery trip!
    No trains.
    More close to the date, there will be bus or mini van services to hire....
    Good to know, thank you!

ME TOO!!
    I chose Palermo to pick up the tickets.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,415

Palermo was mine..i don't know why..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    Anyone have any idea where they are going to stay in BA? Anything near the opera house or la Plata?
    Curious.. anyone from BA have advice?
    Ince.es said:

jaykay20 said:

Yo can go from Buenos Aires to La Plata in train, but keep in mind train station in La Plata is not close to the stadium (around 5 km, or 3 miles). You can make it by walk, just be aware.

It's a 1 or 1.30 hours trip, and the train is far from being fancy. It's an old diesel-motor train, pretty wear down. Not really comfortable. But it will take you there, in and out.

On the way back to Buenos Aires, if you plan to take it on the late hours (lets say after 10 PM), frequency may be poor, trains leaving every hour, so you may have to wait some time.

It's safe (as safe as Argentina can be), better travel in group, just don't show your camera, smartphones or ipads around. Same for big watches or gold chains.

The unsafest place of the trip may be Buenos Aires station (called Constitucion). Not a nice neighborhood, so better get there by subway (line C of the subway gets you right there). Many pickpockets and grab-and-runs and so, looking for fancy smartphones or cameras and unattended bags. Don't be scared, just be careful, keep your eyes open and your things close. it's not worse than any other major city train station (plus this one has the charm of the third world!).

Hope this helps!
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    23scidoo said:

Palermo was mine..i don't know why..
    They look fairly close on a map.
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,426
    Going for BA tickets was the best Spanish lesson I've had since the Mexico City 'Esta Bien' tag.

ME TOO!!
    dimitri I was researching and we have decided to stay at the Scala hotel (well rated on TripAdvisor and reasonablly priced), which is close to the opera. We will pick up our tickets, head to the retiro (bus station) and catch the bus to La Plata.
    The station in La Plata is far from the staium, but taxis are plentiful and cheap.

I would prefer to stay in Buenos Aires than La Plata, as who knows if we will ever return. Cheers!

ME TOO!!
    dimitri I was researching and we have decided to stay at the Scala hotel (well rated on TripAdvisor and reasonablly priced), which is close to the opera. We will pick up our tickets, head to the retiro (bus station) and catch the bus to La Plata.
    The station in La Plata is far from the staium, but taxis are plentiful and cheap.

I would prefer to stay in Buenos Aires than La Plata, as who knows if we will ever return. Cheers!
    I have booking at hostel 2 blocks from opera..anda bookiing close to sTadium the day of show..
    will see what to use
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    diego92 said:

Ince.es said:

jaykay20 said:

Yo can go from Buenos Aires to La Plata in train, but keep in mind train station in La Plata is not close to the stadium (around 5 km, or 3 miles). You can make it by walk, just be aware.

It's a 1 or 1.30 hours trip, and the train is far from being fancy. It's an old diesel-motor train, pretty wear down. Not really comfortable. But it will take you there, in and out.

On the way back to Buenos Aires, if you plan to take it on the late hours (lets say after 10 PM), frequency may be poor, trains leaving every hour, so you may have to wait some time.

It's safe (as safe as Argentina can be), better travel in group, just don't show your camera, smartphones or ipads around. Same for big watches or gold chains.

The unsafest place of the trip may be Buenos Aires station (called Constitucion). Not a nice neighborhood, so better get there by subway (line C of the subway gets you right there). Many pickpockets and grab-and-runs and so, looking for fancy smartphones or cameras and unattended bags. Don't be scared, just be careful, keep your eyes open and your things close. it's not worse than any other major city train station (plus this one has the charm of the third world!).

Hope this helps!
    Thanks for your help, Diego! Sounds good. I plan to line up pretty early in front of the stadium. Do you know a website where I can find a railway schedule from Buenos Aires to La Plata and back?
  • milanmilan Posts: 447
    La Plata is 40 mins from BA on a good run. Last time lots of people were stuck in grid locked traffic trying to get back to BA for many many hours. We were offered a lift by 2 great people who got a lucky break getting through the traffic and took us to our hotel door. I would stay the night of the show in La Plata if I was going there this time. So much easier.
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • CountingStepsCountingSteps Posts: 373
    edited May 2015
    Do people buying through the Brazilian site have a chance to see if there are tickets left? If so, could you let us know, pleeease? So us on hold doing the international call can hung up and move on :tired_face:
    Thanks!
    10c presale for BA is sold out...wow

Yup, I guess that's why they sound so awesome!

Yup, I guess that's why they sound so awesome!
    Kerrrazzzzy

we should have our eyes open for the second night??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:

we should have our eyes open for the second night??
    Lets hope
    jaykay20 said:

diego92 said:

Ince.es said:

jaykay20 said:

Hope this helps!
    Thanks for your help, Diego! Sounds good. I plan to line up pretty early in front of the stadium. Do you know a website where I can find a railway schedule from Buenos Aires to La Plata and back?
    Hi jaykay20, this is the train Roca website: http://www.trenroca.com.ar/
    I checked and there's no railway schedule for Saturdays and Sundays, for the Constitucion-La Plata line, since it's under re-building (they are shifting from diesel trains to electrical trains, the progress is here!!). You may want to check it closer to the concert date, but it's something to take into account. By November, construction may be finished or there may be no trains at all, you never know over here.

1ThoughtKnown mentioned another option; going by bus. You picked them up at Retiro station (another train/bus station at Buenos Aires) and they leave close to the train station. Problem here is going back, buses may be pretty crowded. And the traffic will be a mess, there's only one major road connecting Buenos Aires and La Plata.

a friend from chile just told me, there are arena tickets..only the seats are sold out..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Looking for 1x all Brazil apart from Sao Paolo.
    diego92 said:

jaykay20 said:

diego92 said:

Ince.es said:

jaykay20 said:

Hope this helps!
    Hi jaykay20, this is the train Roca website: http://www.trenroca.com.ar/
    I checked and there's no railway schedule for Saturdays and Sundays, for the Constitucion-La Plata line, since it's under re-building (they are shifting from diesel trains to electrical trains, the progress is here!!). You may want to check it closer to the concert date, but it's something to take into account. By November, construction may be finished or there may be no trains at all, you never know over here.

1ThoughtKnown mentioned another option; going by bus. You picked them up at Retiro station (another train/bus station at Buenos Aires) and they leave close to the train station. Problem here is going back, buses may be pretty crowded. And the traffic will be a mess, there's only one major road connecting Buenos Aires and La Plata.
    Thank you so much! I will take a look once in a while at the train Roca website, but as you and 1ThoughtKnown said, going by bus might be the thing to do. Maybe I'll book a hostel in La Plata for the night of the show. We'll see.
  • Victoria81Victoria81 Buenos Aires, Argentina Posts: 23
    Both Teatro Opera and Palermo are good choices to pick up your tickets. The first one is right downtown and the second one is a little bit further away but you can ride the subway just fine.
    As for going to/coming from the stadium , an alternative I was thinking that might be helpful (based on the comments I've read) is to hire a private car "remis" or a cab in advance. The hotel clerk should be able to help with this. I'm not familiar with the cost of booking a hostel/hotel in La Plata, but my guess is that i'd be cheaper especially if you're travelling in a group.
    Hope this helps :)
    To myself I... surrender...To the one I'll never please
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    edited May 2015
    Where's the 10C code?
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Ince.esInce.es BCN - Spain Posts: 306

Where's the 10C code?

Events section.

http://www.pearljam.com/tenclub/events
    Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me -> Stupid Mop -> Estúpida Fregona -> www.estupidafregona.net
    edited May 2015
    Yesterday I could not select two tickets for Argentina, but now is letting me do it. Too bad there are no more seats
    Post edited by CountingSteps on