Options

Got my RSD mystery package today

Comments

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    FoxyRedLa said:

derbydave said:

wg said:

After being in SW Columbus on Wednesday and traveling to Cincinnati and back to Columbus, my 2.32 pounds of mystery came today.

Colored Music for Film
    What appears to be black RNDM

I could have done better, but it's two ones I didn't have.

Ahhh... Eskimo HALF-Brothers. Glad to see you got something you didn't already have!

...and this is the guy (me) who never was into the side projects much. I totally mind-farted on the chance to see Brad open for Band of Horses later in 2010 (after I saw BoH open for Pearl Jam.)... My CDs from the PJ mystery box were one of the Canadian 2011 shows, Tres Mts, Brad (Best Friends?) and the Just Breathe single.

...they must keep tabs of what they send people...I didn't get a duplicate of anything from any past purchase. I'm not complaining. I guess I'll keep on fighting on for that copy of RVM vinyl. (WHY OH WHY DID I PASS IT IN THE 2006 NEWSLETTER? ARGH!!! "not really into vinyl...I'll pass.")
    I went to that show to see Brad. You didn't miss much that night, Shawn Smith was sick and couldn't sing much. I think Stone sang one, but Band of Horses blew my mind. Went and bought all their albums the next day.

Yeah, I know @derbydave and others were right up in front of Stone and I think even got to shake hands...lucky guys.

It was a GREAT show...
    Shawn was feeling under the weather,
    but it was still a fun one!!
    Band of Horses were just amazing!!
    I actually found out about the 2010 Pearl Jam show at Nationwide Arena a few days before the 10 Club announcement because of BOH!!
    I had added Band Of Horses to my TicketMaster favorites after seeing their show down at Headliners in Louisville in 2009.
    A few days before the PJ tour was announced,
    I got an e-mail from TicketMaster saying BOH were coming to Columbus and playing Nationwide on May 6th!!
    I knew there was NO WAY they could be playing Nationwide as a headliner...but had no idea they would be opening for PJ!!
    :rock_on:

In 2003, the Buzzcocks opened for Pearl Jam and Eddie said:
    "The Buzzcocks were opening for the Sex Pistols before I was fondling my first erection," and he talks of how he met them a long time ago when he was a crew guy carrying their gear. "You never know how things will turn out."

So...Columbus had BoH open for Pearl Jam (Stone) and then Stone's side band opened for BoH. "You never know how things will turn out."
    Jesus Ed :lol:

Stone is actually Jesus. Ed just looks like him. :wink:
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 842
    Just north of Toronto. Black Lightning Bolt and 1999 Christmas single.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,172
    mikesbri said:

Wow the Canadian packages seem a little underwhelming. Hopefully they didn't sent all the rare ones to the US :(
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 842
    Zod said:

mikesbri said:

Wow the Canadian packages seem a little underwhelming. Hopefully they didn't sent all the rare ones to the US :(
    I have a feeling that the items not being tracked might have prevented them from sending the good stuff...
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    LiveAtLeedsLiveAtLeeds Posts: 141
    Well it seems that way so far, although great stuff could be arriving and people just aren't posting it.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    mikesbri said:

Zod said:

mikesbri said:

I have a feeling that the items not being tracked might have prevented them from sending the good stuff...
    We also don't represent all the PJ crazies out there :)

I'd really hope that's not the case, but I'm just being cautiously optimistic. We're one tenth of the US's population, so if our PJ consumption's the same, we'd expect to see one tenth the rare vinyl here if that's the case when all is said and done.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896

courtmcc said:

If anyone gets an extra Avocado that they would sell for what they paid for, please let me know! :)

That is wishful thinking, but you should consider a sealed Avocado just sold on ebay for $327! Almost makes me want to sell mine! (that I did not get in mystery sale, but have kept sealed since 2006). Almost... but not gonna.
    So, you have a copy of Avocado and it just sits on a shelf sealed? Awesome. Just make sure that you don't EVER play it on a turntable. Listening to records is stupid.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

courtmcc said:

If anyone gets an extra Avocado that they would sell for what they paid for, please let me know! :)

That is wishful thinking, but you should consider a sealed Avocado just sold on ebay for $327! Almost makes me want to sell mine! (that I did not get in mystery sale, but have kept sealed since 2006). Almost... but not gonna.
    So, you have a copy of Avocado and it just sits on a shelf sealed? Awesome. Just make sure that you don't EVER play it on a turntable. Listening to records is stupid.
    I don't have a turntable suitable for playing quality vinyl. That is all. One day when I do, I will play it. I have a turntable that has a crappy needle that makes the 180 gram stuff sound like shit. I play all my $1 used records on it but I'm sure not going to play one on it that I could sell for $327.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    reisgerichtreisgericht Posts: 90
    mikesbri said:

Zod said:

mikesbri said:

I'm not sure the tracking of rare vinyl logic really makes sense - if they sent you a benny and it got lost, and if they even replace lost packages, they could just send you a backspacer and you would never know what you were originally supposed to get...
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    got moonlander and love boat captain single. nothing to get excited about but we all knew it was a chance . as posted still fun opening the package and still love the ten club.
  • Options
    KL119975KL119975 Charleston, WV Posts: 125
    JB111896 said:

My Pearl Jam fan club mystery vinyl box arrived today. No Pearl Jam vinyl for me. It's what I expected. For the Pearl Jam fan club mystery box, I received a Who t-shirt and a hat for The Who. For the show at Wrigley, the tickets I received from the Ten Club put me right behind a beam so I couldn't see the stage. It's like if they have an equivalent to a "No Fly List" my name must be on it. Someone there doesn't want me to see, hear, or wear Pearl Jam. My name is on their "No Pearl Jam" list. I'm sorry. I didn't know she was your girlfriend. She told me she was single. Is there any way you can let me back into the Pearl Jam fan club again?

If anyone is keeping track I received Mad Season - Above; and Mother Love Bone - Hold Your Head Up. Weight was 1.82 lbs.

I love the Mad Season Album I only have it on CD though.
  • Options
    KL119975KL119975 Charleston, WV Posts: 125

goldrush said:

How many Bennys have shown up?

2 that we know of. Everyone came out of the woodwork for the sale. Once they got confirmation, they disappeared again.
    Safe to say a few of these should/will show up in Europe.

I'm thinking that any Bennys that have arrived already and not been posted on here will end up on the Bay soon...
    I don't know.
    This board is 3% of everyone who tried for these vinyls? 5%?

But yeah, 1 or 2 will hit ebay or Lost Dogs forum. .

My dog died....I need to sell my Benny
    My shoelace untied.....I need to sell my Benny
    LOL

Thought that you couldn't resell according to the rules of the Mystery Vinyl?
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    foodboy said:

got moonlander and love boat captain single. nothing to get excited about but we all knew it was a chance . as posted still fun opening the package and still love the ten club.

Where are you located?
  • Options
    Got mine today in Barrie, Ontario and pleasantly surprised to find a Red Lightning Bolt which is one of the PJ lp's that I didn't have so big score and also got Better Things which I do have. I'm a little sad it's all over with now, the anticipation for a couple weeks was awesome! Spinning the red beast right now!

IMG_0946
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    ^^ congrats, sweet score!!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    I got a RNDM, not sure of the vinyl colour and the 7" is Unthought Known/Amongst The Waves. It's labelled 2366 out of 2500. I'm in Vanderhoof, BC.....not too sure about these as I just started collecting. I definately don't have either of these.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    KL119975 said:

goldrush said:

How many Bennys have shown up?

2 that we know of. Everyone came out of the woodwork for the sale. Once they got confirmation, they disappeared again.
    Safe to say a few of these should/will show up in Europe.

I'm thinking that any Bennys that have arrived already and not been posted on here will end up on the Bay soon...
    I don't know.
    This board is 3% of everyone who tried for these vinyls? 5%?

But yeah, 1 or 2 will hit ebay or Lost Dogs forum. .

My dog died....I need to sell my Benny
    My shoelace untied.....I need to sell my Benny
    LOL

Thought that you couldn't resell according to the rules of the Mystery Vinyl?
    well that's what they said. but they can't really do anything about people flipping, unless they are trying to do it here.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jasonrolfejasonrolfe Posts: 474

IMG_0946

Looks awesome! Congrats.
    2005: Kitchener / London / Hamilton | 2006: Toronto 1&2 | 2010: Hartford | 2011: Toronto 1&2 / Hamilton
    2013: London, Brooklyn 1&2 | 2014: Detroit | 2015: New York | 2016: Ottawa / Toronto 1 / Wrigley 1
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543

courtmcc said:

I don't have a turntable suitable for playing quality vinyl. That is all. One day when I do, I will play it. I have a turntable that has a crappy needle that makes the 180 gram stuff sound like shit. I play all my $1 used records on it but I'm sure not going to play one on it that I could sell for $327.
    Not that you need to explain yourself. It's your record. You can do whatever you want with it!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    stukatzstukatz Posts: 110
    edited May 2015
    mikesbri said:

I have the same. :(. Disappointed, but like others have said, it was a shot at a Benny, and it is what it is. Just happy to see that most of the rare stuff is falling into the hands of those who will play it, rather than sell it. Good luck to the rest of you.
    Post edited by stukatz on
  • Options
    ppalmer84ppalmer84 Posts: 12
    Received Into the Wild and Not For You/Out of My Mind 7" in Milton, Ontario
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550

Just got mine out of Postal Service purgatory..

Lightning Bolt LP
    RNDM orange

1.94 lbs

Two 12" LP's?
    Whoops no

RNDM orange 7"
    Cool - is that Modern Times? Didn't know that came in orange!

Yeah, I thought that one was either black or pink.
    Pink modern times

I really need to pay more attention.
    I've been focused on whether or not my LB was black or red without opening it.
    No way to tell unless you open it. My guess would be black, since the other 7" you received could be considered rare.. let me know if I guessed right.

Update......

I finally opened my LB and much to my surprise it's. ......

RED!!!! :hang_loose:
  • Options

Just got mine out of Postal Service purgatory..

Lightning Bolt LP
    RNDM orange

1.94 lbs

Two 12" LP's?
    Whoops no

RNDM orange 7"
    Cool - is that Modern Times? Didn't know that came in orange!

Yeah, I thought that one was either black or pink.
    Pink modern times

I really need to pay more attention.
    I've been focused on whether or not my LB was black or red without opening it.
    No way to tell unless you open it. My guess would be black, since the other 7" you received could be considered rare.. let me know if I guessed right.

Update......

Beauty.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    monkeewrenchmonkeewrench Posts: 946
    edited May 2015

Update......

Awesome! Congrats!
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    toronto
  • Options
    kg162716kg162716 Posts: 567
    edited May 2015

"Wow the Canadian packages seem a little underwhelming. Hopefully they didn't sent all the rare ones to the US :("
    "I have a feeling that the items not being tracked might have prevented them from sending the good stuff..."

i sure hope i get something kewl

Post edited by kg162716 on
    Toronto '03, Boston '04, Halifax '05, Boston 1&2 '06, Mansfield 1&2 '08, Boston '10, Toronto 1&2 '11, Brooklyn 1&2 13, Sao Paulo '15, Brasilia '15, Belo Horizonte '15, Rio '15, Quebec '16, Fenway '1&2 16', Seattle 1 & 2 18', Quebec ‘22
  • Options
    AnimalCh1nAnimalCh1n Posts: 86
    Perhaps today, as I am several hours north of Toronto. Hoping something I don't have (which isn't likely - seeing the packages arriving in Ontario so far).

I'd love Lost Dogs, RVM, Sevens, Benny (no hop for this at this point, I think) or even a side project. No need for any other PJ studio albums, as I have those already.
    Barrie, Ontario 08-05-1992 x Toronto, Ontario 08-18-1993
    Barrie, Ontario 08-22-1998 x Toronto, Ontario 10-05-2000
    Toronto, Ontario 09-19-2005 x Toronto, Ontario 05-10-2006
    Toronto, Ontario 08-13-2008 (Ed Solo) x Toronto, Ontario 08-21-2009
    Toronto, Ontario 09-11-2011 x Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Buffalo, NY 10-12-2013 x Ottawa, Ontario 05-08-2016
    Ottawa, Ontario 09-03-2022
  • Options
    HussaHussa Posts: 111
    Hoping today is the day!!!
    Sept. 4, 2005 - Calgary Saddledome
    Sept. 21, 2011 - Calgary Saddledome
    Dec. 2, 2013 - "THE BLIZZARD SHOW" -Calgary Saddledome
  • Options
    keithlaw1974keithlaw1974 Blacko, UK Posts: 137
    I had a courier note waiting for me when I got home from work today - immediately I was very excited!!
    'Could it be a Benny, PJ20 Coloured, Avocado?'.........Got the package from a neighbour across the road....and........it was my girlfriends fucking business cards, bollocks! and the wait goes on..........
    London, England 06-25-2010, Belfast, Northern Ireland 06-23-2010, Berlin, Germany 07-04-2012, Manchester, UK 06-20-2012, Seattle, WA 12-06-2013, Amsterdam, Holland 06-16-2014, Berlin, Germany 06-26-2014, Leeds, UK 07-08-2014, Milton Keynes, UK 07-11-2014, New York MSG 1 & 2
    Eddie Vedder Solo - London, England 07-30-1012
  • Options
    HussaHussa Posts: 111
    Uhhh, what kind of business?
    Sept. 4, 2005 - Calgary Saddledome
    Sept. 21, 2011 - Calgary Saddledome
    Dec. 2, 2013 - "THE BLIZZARD SHOW" -Calgary Saddledome