Options

Record Store Day Mystery Vinyl

Comments

• Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003

Where my 2.05'ers at? Anybody open one yet?

I got f'in Double Backspacered.... Black Blackspacer and 7" Unthought Known / Amongest the Waves...

(now i own 4 Backspacers... who wants um?
    i like sound...
  • Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 946
    camaros said:

I got f'in Double Backspacered.... Black Blackspacer and 7" Unthought Known / Amongest the Waves...

I'm sure you are disappointed, but this really made me laugh
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    hahahahhahaahaaaa I guess I'm taking one for the team.... i'll just go spin my Benaroya #0263 in remorse for a couple tracks and think up some art project for this backspacer...
    i like sound...
  • Options
    ctownvinctownvin Posts: 23
    Black Backspacer and turquoise I Am Mine. I'm in the losers bracket. Donated to someone who appreciated them more. Of course I'll try again when offered a mystery anything, this one was just a bummer. Congrats to all who scored big!
    Easy come and easy go.
    Easy left me a long time ago.
  • Options
    GustieIIIGustieIII Posts: 231
    ctownvin said:

Black Backspacer and turquoise I Am Mine. I'm in the losers bracket. Donated to someone who appreciated them more. Of course I'll try again when offered a mystery anything, this one was just a bummer. Congrats to all who scored big!

I'm down with the I am Mine single!
    Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    GustieIII said:

ctownvin said:

I'm down with the I am Mine single!
    I didn't read that as already donated for some reason... I'm just excited about all the vinyl everywhere!

Post edited by GustieIII on
    Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    ctownvin said:

A turquoise I am mine is nice to get new but yeah not really worth the $. Bit crappy they couldn't make each package have at least a retail value of $50. If they can sell a Backspacer for $15 then imagine what it costs 10c.
  • Options
    JohnnieBeBlueJohnnieBeBlue Posts: 627
    edited April 2015
    So I didn't get mystery vinyl which is fine. You win some and you lose some.

I have to say though that I'm a bit annoyed to see the Mike colored vinyl popping up in people's boxes. When they originally went on sale, my order went through but was later canceled and refunded. If they had extras, they should have honored those sales rather than stashing them away for the mystery sale. Not cool.
  • Options
    MS35398MS35398 Posts: 26
    b-sides said:

MS35398 said:

b-sides said:

Got a white Backspacer and Not For You / Not For You 7 inch in Springfield, MO. Don't have either so I'm a pretty happy camper!

When I opened my mailer today, I saw I also had a Backspacer lp (but the 45 was LBC). Since I'm near Kansas City, MO, I thought maybe this was like the Mystery Poster sale where it looked like the same geographic areas got similar posters. So when I opened up my Backspacer, I fully expected it to be white vinyl. A little surprised to get black vinyl. Oh well.
    Bummer my friend. Hope LBC is new to your collection at least. Ironically, I fully expected mine to be the black version. I won't lie and say I didn't have an initial twinge of disappointment upon seeing the BS artwork but, I had a little luck on my side I guess. Just glad to have had a fair shot at the Avocado and Riot Act for a decent price. The hunt continues....
    Thanks, man. Appreciate it. I hope it's OK with people for me to say I was a bit disappointed with my Mystery Vinyl, but at the same time I'm not mad about it. Just like it is cool with me for people to be ecstatic when they score something they really wanted but probably couldn't have afforded any other way. I seriously am happy for those folks, and there seems to be a bunch of them.

The good news is, only recently have I gotten back into buying vinyl (it's a long story, but I have a decent amount of vinyl from the 1960s and 70s that I've had forever), so even though I could have bought my Backspacer from the shop for $15, at least I didn't have it yet.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

It's here!! Got Into the Wild and MLB Hold Your Head Up. Super stoked!! Thanks, 10c!

Nice
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    FR181798 said:

ctownvin said:

A turquoise I am mine is nice to get new but yeah not really worth the $. Bit crappy they couldn't make each package have at least a retail value of $50. If they can sell a Backspacer for $15 then imagine what it costs 10c.
    I don't think that was mathematically possible, was it? It seems like 10C did their best, but there came a point where they just couldn't find a pairing like that anymore.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Swing and a BIG MISS!!
    2.02 pounds
    Black Backspacer & EV LBC RSD Single
    I have them both.
    Oh well, took a chance.
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,833
    Black backspace for me as well but got a blue fixer which was cool.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Zod said:

MR57934 said:

The literally **** you in the drive thru. I landed Lightning Bolt and .......... a RNDM 7". The excitement is literally killing me. I may have to call into work.

What color is the L.B. vinyl? I've seen a few posts where people complain they got nothing rare (like fixers, backspacers, or l.b's) but they never opened then to check the colour of the vinyl. Maybe you got a red l.b?
    Definitely open it to check the color. I kinda said the same thing, then opened it and was like oh wow!
    Got a MLB single and LB red. Hope it's not defective red. It was sealed so I kinda wonder.
    My 3rd copy of MLB so definitely up for trade or sale for cheap if anyone shockingly doesn't have this yet who wants it. :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options

Zod said:

MR57934 said:

The literally **** you in the drive thru. I landed Lightning Bolt and .......... a RNDM 7". The excitement is literally killing me. I may have to call into work.

What color is the L.B. vinyl? I've seen a few posts where people complain they got nothing rare (like fixers, backspacers, or l.b's) but they never opened then to check the colour of the vinyl. Maybe you got a red l.b?
    Definitely open it to check the color. I kinda said the same thing, then opened it and was like oh wow!
    Got a MLB single and LB red. Hope it's not defective red. It was sealed so I kinda wonder.
    My 3rd copy of MLB so definitely up for trade or sale for cheap if anyone shockingly doesn't have this yet who wants it. :)
    Check the runout on the Red. It should read something like B0018983-01 A or B depending on which side you're looking at. Then there is a circled u, if there is a roman two (II) after it, it's the repress.
    Like A Fist To The Jaw
  • Options
    b-sidesb-sides Posts: 23
    MS35398 said:

b-sides said:

MS35398 said:

b-sides said:

Got a white Backspacer and Not For You / Not For You 7 inch in Springfield, MO. Don't have either so I'm a pretty happy camper!

When I opened my mailer today, I saw I also had a Backspacer lp (but the 45 was LBC). Since I'm near Kansas City, MO, I thought maybe this was like the Mystery Poster sale where it looked like the same geographic areas got similar posters. So when I opened up my Backspacer, I fully expected it to be white vinyl. A little surprised to get black vinyl. Oh well.
    Bummer my friend. Hope LBC is new to your collection at least. Ironically, I fully expected mine to be the black version. I won't lie and say I didn't have an initial twinge of disappointment upon seeing the BS artwork but, I had a little luck on my side I guess. Just glad to have had a fair shot at the Avocado and Riot Act for a decent price. The hunt continues....
    Thanks, man. Appreciate it. I hope it's OK with people for me to say I was a bit disappointed with my Mystery Vinyl, but at the same time I'm not mad about it. Just like it is cool with me for people to be ecstatic when they score something they really wanted but probably couldn't have afforded any other way. I seriously am happy for those folks, and there seems to be a bunch of them.

The good news is, only recently have I gotten back into buying vinyl (it's a long story, but I have a decent amount of vinyl from the 1960s and 70s that I've had forever), so even though I could have bought my Backspacer from the shop for $15, at least I didn't have it yet.
    I think that's a completely fair stance, for what my opinions worth. It is genuinely cool to see people excited about landing this stuff. All I care is that it winds up in the hands of people who will enjoy it/spin it.

I'm fairly new to collecting (about a year into collecting for real) and I'm just glad to have a fair shake at some of the rare stuff. I got lucky early on and landed No Code and Yield but, everything else is a little rich for my blood currently. But someday....
    Kansas City, MO-2010
    East Troy, WI Night 1 & 2-2011
    EV Tulsa, OK-2012
    Dallas, TX-2013
    Oklahoma City, OK-2013
    St. Louis, MO-2014
    Tulsa, OK-2014
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014

I think that's a completely fair stance, for what my opinions worth. It is genuinely cool to see people excited about landing this stuff. All I care is that it winds up in the hands of people who will enjoy it/spin it.

I'm fairly new to collecting (about a year into collecting for real) and I'm just glad to have a fair shake at some of the rare stuff. I got lucky early on and landed No Code and Yield but, everything else is a little rich for my blood currently. But someday....

I agree, with the people who will spin it part.
    I've been buying their albums on vinyl when they were brand new. Well I was in Jr high when Vitalogy came out and my brother gave he his copies of Vs and Vitalogy on vinyl, and at the time you could still buy sealed first edition copies of 10 at local record stores, and so I did. And i bought every album since then new on vinyl. The only exception was "Binaural" because I was in college and my record player had broken so I decided as a broke college student a CD was enough for now. I remember when buying "Avocado", "Riot Act" was still available online and no tin demand. It wasn't until "Backspacer" came out I had a new record player and I decided to finally backfill my missing "Binaural" and saw how much much they were selling for! Avocado was selling for $500 at the time, and I honestly didn't think they were worth anything because I never bothered checking.
    But that didn't matter, I still spin the vinyl more than any other method. Except Binaural, sadly never did get that one....yet. Why do I want to keep them as collectibles? So my kids can sell them as new, never played when I die? Nope!
  • Options
    BrokenGlassBrokenGlass Posts: 298
    edited May 2015
    camaros said:

Camaros, I sent you a PM about your Backspacer backlog!
  • Options
    keelycankeelycan Via Chicago Posts: 409
    I just received my 2.52 In Chicago
    EV Ukulele & MLB RSD hold your head up
    Soldier Field 1995~Alpine Valley June I,II 1998~ United Center 2003~Alpine Valley 2003~Madison Square Garden I,II 2003~Toledo VFC 2004~Montreal 2005~Ottowa 2005~United Center I,II 2006~Cincinnati 2006~Summerfest I,II 2006~The Vic Theatre 2007~Lollapalooza 2007~Bonnaroo 2008~United Center I,II 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2008~Austin City Limits 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2011~Alpine Valley Sep 03,04 2011~Wrigley Field 2013~Seattle 2013
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,064
    If anybody gets a Music For Film they'd part with please PM me. I wanna spin that record!
  • Options
    mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 841
    Seems like the 1st rush of deliveries is slowing down. Can't wait to see what shows up in the next few weeks for us international folks.
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • Options
    b-sidesb-sides Posts: 23
    mace1229 said:

I agree, with the people who will spin it part.
    I've been buying their albums on vinyl when they were brand new. Well I was in Jr high when Vitalogy came out and my brother gave he his copies of Vs and Vitalogy on vinyl, and at the time you could still buy sealed first edition copies of 10 at local record stores, and so I did. And i bought every album since then new on vinyl. The only exception was "Binaural" because I was in college and my record player had broken so I decided as a broke college student a CD was enough for now. I remember when buying "Avocado", "Riot Act" was still available online and no tin demand. It wasn't until "Backspacer" came out I had a new record player and I decided to finally backfill my missing "Binaural" and saw how much much they were selling for! Avocado was selling for $500 at the time, and I honestly didn't think they were worth anything because I never bothered checking.
    But that didn't matter, I still spin the vinyl more than any other method. Except Binaural, sadly never did get that one....yet. Why do I want to keep them as collectibles? So my kids can sell them as new, never played when I die? Nope!

Ah, Binaural. That's the one I hope to land most of all. I'm a little crushed reading that at the time you could have purchased the Avocado and Riot Act LPs on the site without any hassle, though I understand the demand for them, and vinyl in generally, has skyrocketed. I was a senior in HS then, and I can remember the excitement of being able to purchase a new PJ record for the first time since I'd really become a fan. Collecting the vinyl started as another way to expand my PJ collection but, its grown into my main medium for buying music.

As for keeping them as collectibles? I don't get it either. The artwork and the records themselves are gorgeous yes, but they're meant to be spun...and they look a lot prettier in motion anyway.
    Kansas City, MO-2010
    East Troy, WI Night 1 & 2-2011
    EV Tulsa, OK-2012
    Dallas, TX-2013
    Oklahoma City, OK-2013
    St. Louis, MO-2014
    Tulsa, OK-2014
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    PJ_Soul said:

FR181798 said:

ctownvin said:

I don't think that was mathematically possible, was it? It seems like 10C did their best, but there came a point where they just couldn't find a pairing like that anymore.
    Not mathematically possible from the list of items no. Just seems that limiting it to one 12" and one 7" means some people get short changed.
  • Options
    regalturboregalturbo Posts: 298

So I didn't get mystery vinyl which is fine. You win some and you lose some.

I have to say though that I'm a bit annoyed to see the Mike colored vinyl popping up in people's boxes. When they originally went on sale, my order went through but was later canceled and refunded. If they had extras, they should have honored those sales rather than stashing them away for the mystery sale. Not cool.

I am in the same boat, man. I was waiting to say anything. Pretty disappointing - almost like they would rather spite me than honor my purchase. Strange business practice
  • Options
    hadfiiwhadfiiw Posts: 191
    RED Lightning Bolt and Not For You/Out Of My Mind 45. I actually got a rare for the first time!
    - ian | www.lukin.com

96 - Charlotte / Charleston
    98 - Atlanta
    00 - Charlotte / Greensboro / Atlanta
    03 - Raleigh / Charlotte / Mountain View / San Diego / Bristow
    04 - Asheville
    05 - Philadelphia
    06 - Washington, DC / Las Vegas / San Diego
    08 - Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    09 - Philadelphia (28th)
    11 - East Troy (3rd) / East Troy (4th)
    13 - Charlottesville / Charlotte
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Boston (5th)
    18 - Boston (2nd) / Boston (4th)
    20 - NashvilleBaltimore
    22 - Nashville / Baltimore

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Check the runout on the Red. It should read something like B0018983-01 A or B depending on which side you're looking at. Then there is a circled u, if there is a roman two (II) after it, it's the repress.
    Thanks for the info. Just have the circled U with no II. Also says...

"For the league of crafty fulminologists" (on "A")
    "Surf is where you find it - Gerry Lopez" (on "B")
    - ian | www.lukin.com

98 - Atlanta
    04 - Asheville
    05 - Philadelphia
    09 - Philadelphia (28th)
    14 - Memphis
    20 - NashvilleBaltimore

• Options
    Has anyone had a weight of 1.91? I would really love to know what you received?
    Honolulu Dec 2, 2006
    Seattle Sept 21 & 22 2009
    Portland Sept 26, 2009
    Madison Square Garden May 20 & 21, 2010
    Bridge School Oct 23 & 24, 2010
    Alpine Valley - PJ20 Sept 3 & 4, 2011
    DeLuna Sept 21, 2012
    Atlanta Sept 22, 2012
    Missoula Sept 30, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    Portland Nov 29, 2013
    Spokane Nov 30, 2013
    Vancouver Dec 4, 2013
    Seattle Dec 6, 2013
    Tulsa Oct 8, 2014
    Lincoln Oct 9, 2014
    Telluride July 9, 2016
    Boston Aug 5 & 7, 2016
    Chicago 20 & 21, 2016
    New York Apr 7, 2017
    Seattle 8 & 10, 2018
    Missoula Aug 13, 2018
  • Options

Has anyone had a weight of 1.91? I would really love to know what you received?

Mine was close - 1.895 (red LB and Not For You 45)
    - ian | www.lukin.com

98 - Atlanta
    04 - Asheville
    05 - Philadelphia
    09 - Philadelphia (28th)
    14 - Memphis
    20 - NashvilleBaltimore

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    After being in SW Columbus on Wednesday and traveling to Cincinnati and back to Columbus, my 2.32 pounds of mystery came today.

Colored Music for Film
    What appears to be black RNDM

I could have done better, but it's two ones I didn't have.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    edited May 2015
    b-sides said:

As for keeping them as collectibles? I don't get it either. The artwork and the records themselves are gorgeous yes, but they're meant to be spun...and they look a lot prettier in motion anyway.

This:
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"