Options

Question on storing vinyl...

FlameryFlamery New York Posts: 256
I'm looking for resealable bags for my lps, bought some on the bay recently but they are ridiculously thin and don't even fit. Can anyone recommend a site where I can get high quality sleeves for my albums? Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 724
    bagsunlimited.com
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

bagsunlimited.com

What he said ^^^^ or http://www.sleevecityusa.com/
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    MedozK said:

bagsunlimited.com

You can get samples from here.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I'll check them out
  • Options
    PapaljuicePapaljuice Jacksonville Posts: 502
    JK_Livin said:

MedozK said:

bagsunlimited.com

You can get samples from here.
    I am a huge fan of Sleeve City's Ultimate Outers. If you are interested, get the oversized ones so they fit the albums that are thick and have gatefolds. They are thick and crystal clear. They are a little more expensive but the best record sleeves I have come across. Below is the link to the ones I would suggest.

http://www.sleevecityusa.com/ultimate-outer-5-0-record-sleeve-p/9390.htm
    Pearl Jam - ST. PETERSBURG, FL 3-29-94 / WEST PALM BEACH, FL 9-22-98 / TAMPA, FL 8-12-00 / CHARLOTTE, NC 10/30/13 / ST. LOUIS, MO 10-03-2014 / TAMPA, FL 4-11-16 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 4-13-16
    Eddie Vedder - JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/24/12 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/25/12 / ORLANDO, FL 11-28-12
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

bagsunlimited.com

How many of us heard of this website thanks to Henry Rollins?
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    In my experience, I haven't found a thick/heavy resealable bag yet. I'm not a fan of resealables anyway, the flaps always get dog-eared and they're kind of a pain in the ass to put the album back in.

I personally would recommend the Sleeve City 2.5 or 5.0 outers. I actually just re-bagged all my LP's in the 2.5's. They're crystal clear and a lot more durable than the thin resealable bags. The 5.0's are even thicker (a little too thick IMO, they don't "give" as easily when putting a gatefold album in - but that's personal preference.)

As someone mentioned, you can order samples from Sleeve City. A great idea as you can test various types out before committing to buy a whole pack of them.

And while you're at it, pick up some of the Ultimate Audiophile inner sleeves and replace your paper sleeves. These things are unbelievably great! Polylined in & out with paper support in between, so they support the records well (helps prevent ring-wear) and make it easy to slide the record in & out of the sleeve, and the sleeve in and out of your LP jacket.
  • Options

In my experience, I haven't found a thick/heavy resealable bag yet. I'm not a fan of resealables anyway, the flaps always get dog-eared and they're kind of a pain in the ass to put the album back in.

I personally would recommend the Sleeve City 2.5 or 5.0 outers. I actually just re-bagged all my LP's in the 2.5's. They're crystal clear and a lot more durable than the thin resealable bags. The 5.0's are even thicker (a little too thick IMO, they don't "give" as easily when putting a gatefold album in - but that's personal preference.)

As someone mentioned, you can order samples from Sleeve City. A great idea as you can test various types out before committing to buy a whole pack of them.

And while you're at it, pick up some of the Ultimate Audiophile inner sleeves and replace your paper sleeves. These things are unbelievably great! Polylined in & out with paper support in between, so they support the records well (helps prevent ring-wear) and make it easy to slide the record in & out of the sleeve, and the sleeve in and out of your LP jacket.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. I'm going to order some samples for different types and see which ones I prefer.