What is the universally most loved PJ poster?

13»

Comments

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    I can't believe it took so long for someone to mention Dusseldorf 2007. That and Spawn are my two favorites.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,375
    derbydave said:

jlaustin said:

Cracker Jack and Pittsburgh are the posters from my first 2 shows and I love them both. I agree that Pittsburgh is an amazing piece of art that is just stunning in person. My favorite from a show that I didn't attend is the 96 Zurich/Innsbruck Polar Bear. Gotta get that one framed soon! :smile:

Wow...
    your post really got me thinking about what an incredible run of posters you got going for the shows you've attended!!!
    Besides Detroit, you've gotten some STELLAR posters!!!
    Hopefully the streak will continue,
    but everyone eventually gets a Columbus '10 or Vancouver '11
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:
    hah... I was lucky enough to score a Columbus and a Vancouver in my mystery box. I didn't even have to attend those shows!!!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    on2legs said:

derbydave said:

jlaustin said:

Cracker Jack and Pittsburgh are the posters from my first 2 shows and I love them both. I agree that Pittsburgh is an amazing piece of art that is just stunning in person. My favorite from a show that I didn't attend is the 96 Zurich/Innsbruck Polar Bear. Gotta get that one framed soon! :smile:

Wow...
    your post really got me thinking about what an incredible run of posters you got going for the shows you've attended!!!
    Besides Detroit, you've gotten some STELLAR posters!!!
    Hopefully the streak will continue,
    but everyone eventually gets a Columbus '10 or Vancouver '11
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:
    hah... I was lucky enough to score a Columbus and a Vancouver in my mystery box. I didn't even have to attend those shows!!!
    That isn't LUCK my friend...
    well, maybe BAD LUCK!!!!!
    :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Gorge 2005??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847

PJ_Soul said:

mattcoz said:

Crackerjack? Really?

Yeah, Pittsburgh. And Portland. And Amsterdam. And Charlotte (that's the bee one, right?). And a bunch of others IMO. Cracker jack is fine, but it's pretty unoriginal. I'm never a big fan of the "copycat" posters personally.
    I'm with you on this! To me, copying a logo or design and slapping the words "Pearl Jam" on it, is unoriginal, unimaginative, not creative and just plain lazy. I love Munk's Pittsburgh print and think "Crackerjack", "Kong", "Spawn", "Conan" and "Batman" are just lame.
    You must not like when PJ covers a song then?
  • handreads7-30handreads7-30 Posts: 327
    edited April 2015

You make an excellent point. Is playing the same chord structure and singing someone else's words creative? No. Is it fun, memorable and able to elicit an emotional response? Yes. In my head, I'm demarcating between performance and material art. Do I love Pearl Jam playing Rockin' In The Free World? Absolutely. Would I love a poster of Mona Lisa wearing a PJ shirt or a Superman logo with "PJ" instead of "S"? Not a chance. I think I get where you are / were going and can see a form of hypocrisy within my evaluation.
    Post edited by handreads7-30 on
    ...just got a fresh bottle.
  • andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,957
    My first show and still my fav poster...I just need to get hold of the damn thing!

• GratefulJamGratefulJam Posts: 1,782
    This is the answer.. IMO

My first show and still my fav poster...I just need to get hold of the damn thing!

"thru extensive negotiations we managed to get the curfew moved back..... we still don't have any time to fu&k around...."

LA II 06, SB 06, SF III 06, Kokua 07 Ed and Jack, Grant Park 07, EV Berk1 & LA 1 (nice job 10c), 08 DC, MSG1 &2, VH1 rocks, EV Bos II, EV NYC I & II, Milwaukee, EV Maui, EV Hono I & II, Chicago 09 I & II, LA 09 I & II & IV, SD 09 (my girlfriend hit the lottery, best concert of my life 10C rocks)KC 2010, STL 2010, Hartford. Boston, and MSG I & II "who goes around skinning cats anyway", PJ 20 2011 , Portland, Spokane, Seattle LA 2013, Home Shows + Missoula (fatal 👌)
  • aw435aw435 Posts: 73

This is the answer.. IMO

Agreed.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

I have the U2/pj hawaii poster hanging in my bathroom. My wife and I absolutely love it! My favorite band is pj and hers is U2 so it s perfect.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • AAJCAAJC Calgary, AB, Canada Posts: 262
    edited April 2015
    The Edmonton native American/Canadian poster is my fav.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    Not that it matters but I love some of the spin off posters. I think some of it depends on if you're into the subject matter. For me, the EV Star Wars, Batman, Speed Racer and the PJ Donkey Kong, Spawn, etc are really fucking cool pieces.
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

You make an excellent point. Is playing the same chord structure and singing someone else's words creative? No. Is it fun, memorable and able to elicit an emotional response? Yes. In my head, I'm demarcating between performance and material art. Do I love Pearl Jam playing Rockin' In The Free World? Absolutely. Would I love a poster of Mona Lisa wearing a PJ shirt or a Superman logo with "PJ" instead of "S"? Not a chance. I think I get where you are / were going and can see a form of hypocrisy within my evaluation.
    I'd love to see a mock up of the Mona Lisa wearing a PJ shirt. That sounds funny as hell.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    ldent42 said:

I'd love to see a mock up of the Mona Lisa wearing a PJ shirt. That sounds funny as hell.
    Kind of surprised Ames Bros hasn't done one yet!!
    :rofl:
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 473
    ldent42 said:

This.
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329
    Of the new ones, I love Moline.

I also love Camden 08 Posters, Knoxville 98, and I think Cincy 06 is underrated.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • derbydave said:

ldent42 said:

Naw...they'll do a monkey/ape/chimp dressed up as the Mona Lisa with a Pearl Jam t-shirt...
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.

derbydave said:

ldent42 said:

Naw...they'll do a monkey/ape/chimp dressed up as the Mona Lisa with a Pearl Jam t-shirt...
    How about SASQUATCH as the Mona Lisa?!?!?

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    derbydave said:

derbydave said:

ldent42 said:

You'll laugh, but then they release 10 of the same poster with Mona Lisa having orange hair and it will sell for $1,000 (*cough* Harry Caray version *cough*)
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    I love this poster!

Someday they will release this show on Record Store Day. Maybe RSD Black Friday this November '15. Pressed on red marble vinyl. Using Brad's design as the front cover.

If this ever happens, every Pearl Jam fan will be @ Easy Street Records store like ..

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314

This is the answer.. IMO

One of my favorites too! :)
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    demetrios said:

Someday they will release this show on Record Store Day. Maybe RSD Black Friday this November '15. Pressed on red marble vinyl. Using Brad's design as the front cover.

If this ever happens, every Pearl Jam fan will be @ Easy Street Records store like ..

you know it. that would be an awesome release.

derbydave said:

derbydave said:

ldent42 said:

You'll laugh, but then they release 10 of the same poster with Mona Lisa having orange hair and it will sell for $1,000 (*cough* Harry Caray version *cough*)
    I'm sure you're right...
    BUT I'll still take a big old PASS!!!!