The Rockfords Live @ Tractor Tavern Wednesday, March 3rd. *update. Signed Mike vinyls

demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,156
edited February 2015 in The Porch
@rickfriel - #TheRockfords live @tractortavern @staranna @TheYoungEvils @HockeyTalkter Info here https://www.facebook.com/events/1554724354784131/

Price:
$ 15.00 - $ 20.00

Age Limit:
21+

Additional Info:
HockeyTalkter Records and The Tractor Tavern are proud to announce a second night of HockeyTalkter Records, a record label founded by Pearl Jam guitarist and vinyl collector Mike McCready. The label plans to release a set of limited edition vinyl singles from friends and various side projects that he's involved with. In the HockeyTalkter pipeline for 2015 are singles from Danny Newcomb & the Sugarmakers, Stereo Embers, and The Pink Slips, among others.

When asked about HockeyTalkter, McCready says, "the reason behind Hockytalkter is simple, I LOVE VINYL!! I love the smell, touch, and of course, the sound. I love the whole culture behind vinyl records and the countless record stores that I look for when I'm on tour. To paraphrase Penny Lane, '...you can go into any record store and visit your friends.'"

Once again, those in attendance will not only be able to hear some great new music, but they might also walk away with one of HockeyTalkter's previously released (and hard to find!) limited singles. Every person through the door will receive a raffle ticket for a chance to win a copy of Mad Season, Star Anna, Brandi Carlile & other HockeyTalkter singles, all signed by McCready.

Seattle's The Young Evils are excellent evidence that final products often look nothing like initial intentions. Started as a lighthearted Vaselines-inspired pop duo composed of record store co-workers Troy Nelson and Mackenzie Mercer, the Young Evils today bear only passing resemblance to their past selves. After enlisting guitarist Michael Lee and brothers Brendon (bass) and Scott Helgason's (drums), The Young Evils now deliver 80's inspired angular power pop.

Star Anna grew up in the country, played drums in a punk band in high school, heard an Elliott Smith recording, picked up a guitar and never looked back. Now a Pacific North West up and comer, Star Anna has released five albums, (three with the band The Laughing Dogs, two solo records) and is currently working on a sixth, set to come out before years end. She has also collaborated and played with Mike McCready on several occasions.

The Rockfords are a Seattle based rock band featuring Carrie Akre (Goodness, Hammerbox), Chris & Rick Friel, Danny Newcomb, and Pearl Jam’s Mike McCready. The Rockfords last played together during a surprise set at the 2013 Flight to Mars benefit show after a nearly 10 year hiatus.
Post edited by demetrios on

Comments

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    Another Seattle show bummer! But still exciting!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,156
    FoxyRedLa said:

Another Seattle show bummer! But still exciting!

Totally! It would be pretty cool if The Rockfords & Flight to Mars toured East of Washington State. :p
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Missed the Rockfords reunion in 2013, so I'm glad for another chance to see them!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    My bad. It's March 3rd. Not March 4th.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    I've got a 2 disc set of theirs from a Seattle show that is awesome. Great tunes!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,243
    Man I would love to see Flight to Mars or The Rockfords.
  • courtmcccourtmcc Posts: 1,143
    I'm going to the first show ... but I already made plans to go to Duff McKagan's Loaded on the 3rd. At least I'll see Mike at the first show.
  • Adam HewettAdam Hewett Posts: 120
    edited February 2015
    jeffbr said:

Missed the Rockfords reunion in 2013, so I'm glad for another chance to see them!

oklahoman here, going to try to make this. are there any fairly cheap hotels near the venue? i'll fly in on that monday, but can't go to newcombs gig, which sucks.

Post edited by Adam Hewett on
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    http://www.amazon.com/Live-Seattle-WA-12-13/dp/B0001BVI22

For those that aren't making a trip to Seattle. Great bootleg from the old KUFALA days.
    www.cluthelee.com
    Tickets are on sale now!
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177

jeffbr said:

oklahoman here, going to try to make this. are there any fairly cheap hotels near the venue? i'll fly in on that monday, but can't go to newcombs gig, which sucks.

I don't think I can make the Monday show either, but hoping I can clear my schedule. I snagged tickets for The Rockfords, though. Should be a blast.

As far as cheap hotels near the venue, that is tough. The venue is in an area north west of downtown called Ballard. There are some boutique hotels around, but I don't know about cheap. The Hotel Ballard is nice, and you can see the venue from the hotel, but you'll probably pay close to $200/night. You might want to check out something on Aurora Ave. I noticed the Marco Polo has rooms for $69 a night which seems reasonable and is about a 10 minute cab trip (2 1/2 miles) from the venue. It won't be anything to write home about, but apparently Kurt Cobain stayed there shortly before his death, so I guess you could always write home about that, lol. Anyway, google Ballard, WA Hotels for options near the venue.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • jeffbr said:

jeffbr said:

I don't think I can make the Monday show either, but hoping I can clear my schedule. I snagged tickets for The Rockfords, though. Should be a blast.

As far as cheap hotels near the venue, that is tough. The venue is in an area north west of downtown called Ballard. There are some boutique hotels around, but I don't know about cheap. The Hotel Ballard is nice, and you can see the venue from the hotel, but you'll probably pay close to $200/night. You might want to check out something on Aurora Ave. I noticed the Marco Polo has rooms for $69 a night which seems reasonable and is about a 10 minute cab trip (2 1/2 miles) from the venue. It won't be anything to write home about, but apparently Kurt Cobain stayed there shortly before his death, so I guess you could always write home about that, lol. Anyway, google Ballard, WA Hotels for options near the venue.
    i really appreciate the info! i'll definitely check out that area! i'm a little nervous on the flight, i'll get in to seattle around 7:30 p.m. and it'll be on from there, hauling to the bar, not knowing where i'm at basically. should be a good time!
    Can't believe there are still tickets available for this event.
    Bump!
    There are tickets for both of the shows. I'm surprised they aren't sold out yet.
  • I won't make it, but I bought a ticket so my sister and her husband can go! I'm pretty freaking jealous. Anyone know if there will be t-shirts? I've always wanted a Rockfords shirt. . .
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    From Mike's Twitter page....

Mike McCready ‏@MikeMcCreadyPJ 19m19 minutes ago
    Making a big announcement at Monday's @HockeyTalkter show. Any guesses? @StereoEmbers @PinkSlips97 @tractortavern pic.twitter.com/9rvjReB02X
    Ooooooooooooo! Ooo! Oooooo!
    Hobbes said:

From Mike's Twitter page....

Mike McCready ‏@MikeMcCreadyPJ 19m19 minutes ago
    Making a big announcement at Monday's @HockeyTalkter show. Any guesses? @StereoEmbers @PinkSlips97 @tractortavern pic.twitter.com/9rvjReB02X

He's annoucing the 2015 Flight To Mars show. He's playing a Flying V which is Michael Schenker's signature guitar plus he's wearing the NASA shirt he wore last year to the show.
    demetrios said:

Nice!
    FoxyRedLa said:

demetrios said:

Nice!
    Yep. Worth waiting 3am in the morning for. AKA Pop Up Shop '13. :bee:
    demetrios said:

FoxyRedLa said:

demetrios said:

Nice!
    Yep. Worth waiting 3am in the morning for. AKA Pop Up Shop '13. :bee:
    Why do I live in MI again? Lol who am I kidding. I wouldn't have the guts to go @ a chance to meet any of them! :bow:
    Where's Mike McCready?!?!?! My God he's been........

Where's Mike McCready's announcement? :smiley:
    @TheRockfords

It's all happening in Ballard! #soundcheck #Adelaide @tractortavern

• redrawredraw Posts: 1,278
    If anyone ends up with a spare Star Anna single I will be more than happy to take it off your hands!!!
    Please pm me...
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Setlist....