Options

best Porch live version

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,216
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

yeah 92-94 is definitely completely different compared to 95-96. 92-94 is just pure power and raw. give a listen to st. petersburg 94; it is freaking amazing. I have to listen to albany 06.

it's funny, I usually judge whether or not I love a bootleg based on how good porch is. lol

ahahahahaha..i used to do that with even flow
    I thought it was "just breathe"?
    =))
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Out my personal live Porch experiences it has to be Columbus 2000. i would love to hear it played that way again in the middle of a set.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,092
    Any of the 92' versions with Rollins "tearing" tag. Although, I do love the way they play it now too. It's just a fucking jam no matter how they play it!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    that version has a very unique jam. love it.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    and Melbourne 3/17/95 has an interesting jam...clearly they are consciously transitioning away from the real aggressive/angry jams. Melbourne catches them forcing a melodic approach to the jam, and Eddie trying some new things in the breakdown, and it's cool to hear where they are going with it.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    MdeanseattleMdeanseattle West Seattle Posts: 63
    BinFrog said:

Niko80 said:

Many good ones, but the one that really stands out for me is the version from the live show included in the Hallucinogenic Recipe box set. That version has PJ at their hardest and most brutal, yet it is soulful and has a GREAT eddie tag towards the end.

Edit: I found it on youtube. The sound is a bit poor, but it is decent enough to get the idea.
    youtube.com/watch?v=CIGFby97J8A&t=54m46s

Yup, I mentioned it above!

Is this the vegas show in the box set?
    And again I'm with you on the unplugged.
    But a close second for me was EV solo Halloween Vegas just a couple of years ago. I got a perfect video of it on my phone and downloaded into my iTunes with 2 flash drive backups.
    Unthought known lead into it. Never heard it so smoothly introduced .
  • Options

BinFrog said:

Niko80 said:

Many good ones, but the one that really stands out for me is the version from the live show included in the Hallucinogenic Recipe box set. That version has PJ at their hardest and most brutal, yet it is soulful and has a GREAT eddie tag towards the end.

Edit: I found it on youtube. The sound is a bit poor, but it is decent enough to get the idea.
    youtube.com/watch?v=CIGFby97J8A&t=54m46s

Yup, I mentioned it above!

Is this the vegas show in the box set?
    And again I'm with you on the unplugged.
    But a close second for me was EV solo Halloween Vegas just a couple of years ago. I got a perfect video of it on my phone and downloaded into my iTunes with 2 flash drive backups.
    Unthought known lead into it. Never heard it so smoothly introduced .

Yeah, Vegas night 2. 12/1/93.
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351

Any of the 92' versions with Rollins "tearing" tag. Although, I do love the way they play it now too. It's just a fucking jam no matter how they play it!

I agree. I love the way Eddie introduces the song now
  • Options
    BinFrog said:

and Melbourne 3/17/95 has an interesting jam...clearly they are consciously transitioning away from the real aggressive/angry jams. Melbourne catches them forcing a melodic approach to the jam, and Eddie trying some new things in the breakdown, and it's cool to hear where they are going with it.

Totally agree! The nw speech is fantastic!!!!
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    MSG 1 2010
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

BinFrog said:

Totally agree! The nw speech is fantastic!!!!
    Nipple Wrench Now Whistle
  • Options
    green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931
    edited December 2014
    NYE in NYC 1992

He sings in full voice while crowdsurfing! Epic.
  • Options
    BinFrog wrote: »
    and Melbourne 3/17/95 has an interesting jam...clearly they are consciously transitioning away from the real aggressive/angry jams. Melbourne catches them forcing a melodic approach to the jam, and Eddie trying some new things in the breakdown, and it's cool to hear where they are going with it.<br />
    Totally agree! The nw speech is fantastic!!!!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Nipple Wrench Now Whistle
    lol. love it! numb skull macho head security personal...it's ultimately the fans who are playing the security guards salary right? .....we got the guys from last night the fuck out of here!!!
  • Options
    Las Cruces, NM 9/14/1995
    Clocked in at 10 minutes with a super trippy jam.
    It was my first show, so I'll admit I am biased.
  • Options
    I wish there was a good recording of the las cruces show.
  • Options
    cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
    mcgruff10 said:

"yeah 92-94 is definitely completely different compared to 95-96. 92-94 is just pure power and raw. give a listen to st. petersburg 94; it is freaking amazing."

I totally agree with mcgruff. The version of Porch from St. Petersburg Florida 1994 is amazing. It's always been my favorite version.
    The rant before Porch kicks in about the serial killer in Florida at the time is awesome!
    And Dirty Frank lyrics just add to this version. I believe it's well over 10 minutes long too.
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,005

This version is so intense due to Ed's NW rant & it gave it that extra spice that made it such a great version
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    I'm not sure about longest,But Deluna Fest 2011 was the absolute best live version I've ever heard.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    mcgruff10 wrote: »
    lol. love it! numb skull macho head security personal...it's ultimately the fans who are playing the security guards salary right? .....we got the guys from last night the fuck out of here!!!

I always wonder if the security staff got nervous after he says "salary, right?". Because he pauses for a few seconds before clarifying he's talking about the "guys from last night". Those could have been some very tense seconds I imagine. It used to actually make me nervous listening to it...I'd be like 'seriously Eddie, clarify!!"

I always used to wonder if anyone else noticed it.
    Post edited by BinFrog on
  • Options
    East Ruth 06 2,hands down<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Check out Albany 06

Albany is ok. Ed makes the porch jam in East Ruth. He started playing the trippy part if the link above. I was about 10 rows deep on Stone's side that show.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    East Ruth 06 2,hands down<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Check out Albany 06

Albany is ok. Ed makes the porch jam in East Ruth. He started playing the trippy part if the link above. I was about 10 rows deep on Stone's side that show.

Albany is much more than just OK.
  • Options
    listening to albany right now....wow. kind of reminds me of a phish jam.
    and bin frog, i too got nervous listening to that nw speech!
  • Options
    Yeah it's got a bit of a 98-00 Phish jam sound I suppose.
  • Options
    (I'm a huge Phish fan)
  • Options
    PapaljuicePapaljuice Jacksonville Posts: 502
    3/29/94. Nothing beats that. I was there too.
    Pearl Jam - ST. PETERSBURG, FL 3-29-94 / WEST PALM BEACH, FL 9-22-98 / TAMPA, FL 8-12-00 / CHARLOTTE, NC 10/30/13 / ST. LOUIS, MO 10-03-2014 / TAMPA, FL 4-11-16 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 4-13-16
    Eddie Vedder - JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/24/12 / JACKSONVILLE, FL 11/25/12 / ORLANDO, FL 11-28-12
  • Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    East Ruth 06 2,hands down

knowing that Mike is on Eddie's shoulders for most of the solo makes it that much better.

Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    My fav...Bonnarooooooooo!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Chicago 95' - holy fuck.

This