Crowdfunded Pearl Jam! Yes!

Comments

• BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    BS44325 said:

Participate or don't but the level of negativity from some of you is plain sad.

why is it sad?

Because we should just believe in "the spirit" of the fan-base (where there has been a long history of a minority of scheisters among us) and just fork over money to some guy.... especially in light of blatant and intentional misrepresentations that have not been explained or answered? People in facebook (and here) who have asked legitimate questions have been met with an automaton response, a referral to a nondescriptive web page, or just "this isnt for you pessimists then" response. One of the pledge levels is basically $1000 for "goodies" for fucks sake.

To me, this is very shady, and Im hoping that 10c/PJ sees the risk in this, having been burned recently and shuts this down.

At best, this has good intentions, but is an unorganized mess not thought through at all. At worst its a blatant scam and this dude is going to make off with $100K of fans' money. This whole thing where the goal is $1 Million, but everyone gets charged at $100K is also a head-scratcher.

The way this was rolled out here, and some of the organizer's posts since makes me skeptical.

Very interested to see Wishlist's crowdsou
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    edited November 2014

Even Brooklyn had a short GA line on night 1, there was less than 60 people in it by the time the doors open.

Wow, really? that doesnt sound bad at all
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    MayDay10 said:

Even Brooklyn had a short GA line on night 1, there was less than 60 people in it by the time the doors open.

Wow, really? that doesnt sound bad at all
    Yeah but now compare that to the tour just gone, where there were 60 people by 6am on the day of most gigs haha
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    edited November 2014

Foxy Mop said:

I think a simple question, that would put people's mind at ease, has never been addressed or answered over the last 2 years.

At any point in time was the wishlist organization and or volunteers, responsible for, and or participate in, the line and lists that existed?

No.

I haven't. Eric hasn't, and no one on our board of directors has, as far as I'm aware.
    Well then I guess many of us were given false information? Because there are many here who believe, it was indeed some of your volunteers, who were running the line and the list.
    Then I guess you were. How would I know if you won't give me any names of the people running the list or the sources of the information?

Obviously I have no control over what people believe. I can only relay the facts I have. People will believe what they want, and if they want to believe in the rumors instead of the facts, that's their loss.
    Post edited by Foxy Mop on
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Foxy Mop said:

Foxy Mop said:

I think a simple question, that would put people's mind at ease, has never been addressed or answered over the last 2 years.

At any point in time was the wishlist organization and or volunteers, responsible for, and or participate in, the line and lists that existed?

No.

I haven't. Eric hasn't, and no one on our board of directors has, as far as I'm aware.
    Well then I guess many of us were given false information? Because there are many here who believe, it was indeed some of your volunteers, who were running the line and the list.
    Then I guess you were. How would I know if you won't give me any names of the people running the list or the sources of the information?

Obviously I have no control over what people believe. I can only relay the facts I have. People will believe what they want, and if they want to believe in the rumors instead of the facts, that's their loss.
    Ask the "don't you know who I am" person. I'm sure you know that person is or can find out. That person is out there or better yet, in here. That person most def pulled some shady shit.

And Laura, I know you weren't asking me for the names of the people who told me these stories. I was answering someone else who did ask. And as for the names you're asking for, why? Why do u need to know the names of these people or even my name? I go by bad brains here, and that's how I like it. It's not cause I'm hiding behind the computer or whatever. Believe me, I don't scare easy.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2014
    rgambs said:

I'm on the Debbie downer bandwagon. If it's going to be done, I would want to see it done for charity and be EXTREMELY expensive. 3,000$ per ticket, tickets sold in pairs. 3,000 tickets sold. Tenclub gets first priority.

$3000 per ticket??? That would make it so that only wealthier fans could go.... to avoid elitist shows I'd prefer bigger venues with cheaper tix for charity concerts.
    badbrains said:

strummers said:

i heard that wishlist people get free backstage passes to many shows so their tickets are free

Really? Wow, I wish someone had told me! :)

I'd love to be guaranteed great spots (for free), not have to queue for upwards of 15 hours at a time, while spending time chatting with the boys backstage before the show. As it is, I'm having to sell some of my stuff to pay for the shows we went to this summer, have only ever met Ed (after waiting outside in the cold after shows) and am seriously considering buying a tent for the next tour! ;)

Seriously, I'm on the Wishlist board, I have never known this to happen and it certainly has never happened to me (if only!).

Please don't listen to/spread unsubstantiated rumours/gossip. If you genuinely witness inappropriate behaviour from Wishlist volunteers/staff, please send an email/pm/message and let us know, with as much info as possible. We will look into it and deal with it appropriately, but we need you to let us know, in as timely a way as possible, what you have witnessed and where.

Are you saying there's "no shady" shit going on with people involved with the wishlist foundation? People are just making these stories up? Really? So that "don't you know who I am" quote is made up? I'm curious as to why somebody would make a quote up like that.
    Yeah, basically, Wishlist people, if you truly disapprove of Wishlist people taking advantage and scamming the GA lines and stuff like that, then I'm a bit confused, because I have also personally had Wishlist people boast about how they leave GA lines and get their friends to the rail with them without waiting in line too. There are hundreds if not thousands of people who have witnessed these things being done, so calling such claims unsubstantiated seems a little silly at this point. Not sure if you want video proof or what before you actually try and put a stop to it. For those Wishlist folks who don't do this kind of thing, then absolutely nothing against you, and I do not mean to accuse everyone here; I have nothing against Wishlist, but something against those within Wishlist who take advantage of other fans and use Wishlist at least partially as a means to benefit themselves at shows... Sorry, you do have some rotten apples in your ranks, and they are hurting your well-intentioned cause. IMO, enough people have testified to the problems to warrant a reaction on Wishlist's part. It's actually not the responsibility of those NOT involved in Wishlist to stop the problem. If people involved in Wishlist are getting away with this stuff without the honest people with Wishlist knowing it, then it kind of seems like they need to pay closer attention to what their Wishlist friends are up to!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Check out the two man band I started with fellow board member mfc2006. We launched a fundraising campaign a few days ago to have our newest album pressed to vinyl. We could use some help! Link to our Indiegogo site:

http://igg.me/p/fund-mastering-and-production-of-our-4th-album/x/8343775
    www.cluthelee.com
    PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

I'm on the Debbie downer bandwagon. If it's going to be done, I would want to see it done for charity and be EXTREMELY expensive. 3,000$ per ticket, tickets sold in pairs. 3,000 tickets sold. Tenclub gets first priority.

$3000 per ticket??? That would make it so that only wealthier fans could go.... to avoid elitist shows I'd prefer bigger venues with cheaper tix for charo
    badbrains said:

strummers said:

i heard that wishlist people get free backstage passes to many shows so their tickets are free

Really? Wow, I wish someone had told me! :)

I'd love to be guaranteed great spots (for free), not have to queue for upwards of 15 hours at a time, while spending time chatting with the boys backstage before the show. As it is, I'm having to sell some of my stuff to pay for the shows we went to this summer, have only ever met Ed (after waiting outside in the cold after shows) and am seriously considering buying a tent for the next tour! ;)

Seriously, I'm on the Wishlist board, I have never known this to happen and it certainly has never happened to me (if only!).

Please don't listen to/spread unsubstantiated rumours/gossip. If you genuinely witness inappropriate behaviour from Wishlist volunteers/staff, please send an email/pm/message and let us know, with as much info as possible. We will look into it and deal with it appropriately, but we need you to let us know, in as timely a way as possible, what you have witnessed and where.

Are you saying there's "no shady" shit going on with people involved with the wishlist foundation? People are just making these stories up? Really? So that "don't you know who I am" quote is made up? I'm curious as to why somebody would make a quote up like that.
    Yeah, basically, Wishlist people, if you truly disapprove of Wishlist people taking advantage and scamming the GA lines and stuff like that, then I'm a bit confused, because I have also personally had Wishlist people boast about how they leave GA lines and get their friends to the rail with them without waiting in line too. There are hunreds if not thousands of people who have witnessed these things being done, so calling such claims unsubstantiated seems a little silly at this point. Not sure if you want video proof or what before you actually try and put a stop to it. For those Wishlist folks who don't do this kind of thing, then absolutely nothing against you, and I do not mean to accuse everyone here; I have nothing against Wishlist, but something against those within Wishlist who take advantage of other fans and use Wishlist at least partially as a means to benefit themselves at shows... Sorry, you do have some rotten apples in your ranks, and they are hurting your well-intentioned cause. IMO, enough people have testified to the problems to warrant a reaction on Wishlist's part. It's actually not the responsibility of those NOT involved in Wishlist to stop the problem. If people involved in Wishlist are getting away with this stuff without the honest people with Wishlist knowing it, then it kind of seems like they need to pay closer attention to what their Wishlist friends are up to!
    Thank you pjsoul !!!!
    Foxy Mop said:

No.

So can we assume then that maybe not your board members but some people who were affiliated with wishlist in some way? Cuz as pjsoul stated, there was plenty of issues on the 2013 tour where people were abusing the "wishlist" power. Can you admit that there was a problem with the list and people somehow involved with wishlist?
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Maybe 3000 is a little high. 1500$ and 6,000 tickets. 1500$ isn't that much money when you consider a show in a tiny auditorium that will raise close to 10 million dollars! I say make it a big deal or let them do their own thing like they have always done. Go big or go home!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

Check out the two man band I started with fellow board member mfc2006. We launched a fundraising campaign a few days ago to have our newest album pressed to vinyl. We could use some help! Link to our Indiegogo site:

http://igg.me/p/fund-mastering-and-production-of-our-4th-album/x/8343775

Something I feel we can get behind! No misdirection...no 'sleight of hand' -- just straight ahead honest request. Good luck!

(Will you guys open for PJ @ Forrest Hills?)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    it is not in Washington (where it should be), so I have to decline supporting it, but I do think Pearl Jam playing that historic venue is a great idea
    badbrains said:

Foxy Mop said:

Foxy Mop said:

No.

Ask the "don't you know who I am" person. I'm sure you know that person is or can find out. That person is out there or better yet, in here. That person most def pulled some shady shit.

And Laura, I know you weren't asking me for the names of the people who told me these stories. I was answering someone else who did ask. And as for the names you're asking for, why? Why do u need to know the names of these people or even my name? I go by bad brains here, and that's how I like it. It's not cause I'm hiding behind the computer or whatever. Believe me, I don't scare easy.
    I don't know who the "don't you know who I am" person is that you're talking about. I don't even know what that means. Who are you talking about?

Why do I want to know names? Because that's how you find out facts. Clarification. Verification. No shields, no hiding, no rumors.
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
    edited November 2014
    Foxy Mop said:

badbrains said:

Foxy Mop said:

Foxy Mop said:

No.

I don't know who the "don't you know who I am" person is that you're talking about. I don't even know what that means. Who are you talking about?

Why do I want to know names? Because that's how you find out facts. Clarification. Verification. No shields, no hiding, no rumors.
    So you're saying you "never" heard the story of the "don't you know who I am" person? That was never brought up to you guys at wishlist?

Edit-it was in regards to the GA list at the shows in 2013.
    Post edited by badbrains on
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, basically, Wishlist people, if you truly disapprove of Wishlist people taking advantage and scamming the GA lines and stuff like that, then I'm a bit confused, because I have also personally had Wishlist people boast about how they leave GA lines and get their friends to the rail with them without waiting in line too. There are hundreds if not thousands of people who have witnessed these things being done, so calling such claims unsubstantiated seems a little silly at this point. Not sure if you want video proof or what before you actually try and put a stop to it. For those Wishlist folks who don't do this kind of thing, then absolutely nothing against you, and I do not mean to accuse everyone here; I have nothing against Wishlist, but something against those within Wishlist who take advantage of other fans and use Wishlist at least partially as a means to benefit themselves at shows... Sorry, you do have some rotten apples in your ranks, and they are hurting your well-intentioned cause. IMO, enough people have testified to the problems to warrant a reaction on Wishlist's part. It's actually not the responsibility of those NOT involved in Wishlist to stop the problem. If people involved in Wishlist are getting away with this stuff without the honest people with Wishlist knowing it, then it kind of seems like they need to pay closer attention to what their Wishlist friends are up to!

Who? And "hundreds, if not thousands"? Maybe one person among them can give me a name to go on.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, things happen. Yes, I'm sure some apples are rotten, may have been previously rotten, or we'll unwittingly pick up some new rotten apples in the future, which sucks.

I'm happy to answer legitimate questions and address problems that I can attempt to fix - when they've been made clear. Beyond that, I'd rather focus on the positive things that we're doing.

And we're always looking for good apples... "be the change you want to see in the world"

Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Ed and the band better watch out for these things..
    I know who the "don't you know who I am" person is, but quite frankly, I don't want to say because I think this person is crazy and frankly don't want her coming after me in some capacity either online or in person at shows or something. I'm a bit worried about how it would negatively impact me if I told on her specifically. Maybe someone else who knows her is less paranoid than me. I hope so. :-S
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    badbrains said:

Foxy Mop said:

No.

So can we assume then that maybe not your board members but some people who were affiliated with wishlist in some way? Cuz as pjsoul stated, there was plenty of issues on the 2013 tour where people were abusing the "wishlist" power. Can you admit that there was a problem with the list and people somehow involved with wishlist?
    I've answered your questions to the best of my knowledge. If you can give me some facts or specific references of 'abuse' within Wishlist, I will address that too.
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
    Foxy Mop said:

PJ_Soul said:

Who? And "hundreds, if not thousands"? Maybe one person among them can give me a name to go on.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, things happen. Yes, I'm sure some apples are rotten, may have been previously rotten, or we'll unwittingly pick up some new rotten apples in the future, which sucks.

I'm happy to answer legitimate questions and address problems that I can attempt to fix - when they've been made clear. Beyond that, I'd rather focus on the positive things that we're doing.

And we're always looking for good apples... "be the change you want to see in the world"

AGAIN asking, so you have NEVER heard of such things pjsoul has stated? NEVER heard of this so called "woman" stating "don't you know who I am?" before? None of these were EVER brought up to you or eric at all?
    badbrains said:

So you're saying you "never" heard the story of the "don't you know who I am" person? That was never brought up to you guys at wishlist?

Yes. That is what I'm saying. And have said. Several times now.
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    PJ_Soul said:

I know who the "don't you know who I am" person is, but quite frankly, I don't want to say because I think this person is crazy and frankly don't want her coming after me in some capacity either online or in person at shows or something. I'm a bit worried about how it would negatively impact me if I told on her specifically. Maybe someone else who knows her is less paranoid than me. I hope so. :-S

Man, that sucks. And I get the sense you're not someone easily scared or made to feel paranoid ;)
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    But everyone has different ideas and I say " ideas "
    Foxy Mop said:

badbrains said:

Yes. That is what I'm saying. And have said. Several times now.
    Then you need to really get a hold of your org. Pjsoul has stated to u that it was heard and witnessed by a shitload of people at the 2013 tour and you're saying this is the first you're hearing of this? Wow. There was a shitload of threads about the "list" and people abusing this so called list coming from wishlist party and you've NEVER heard of this until now. Wow, I'm not connected as you are and I even heard these stories in Brooklyn and philly.
    PJ_Soul said:

I got your back pjsoul, don't u worry! :D
    hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

Man, that sucks. And I get the sense you're not someone easily scared or made to feel paranoid ;)
    I'm really not! But when I dealt with this person in the flesh (I have experienced her in action twice now, at two different shows), I was disturbed by her behaviour in general, not just by the things that were said about GA lines, etc.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    People need to stop these are just ideas that have not come to fruition at all ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

People need to stop these are just ideas that have not come to fruition at all ...

True (and we've veered way off track!).... I personally don't see the New York one raising enough money to proceed (although you never know), but the Wishlist one might.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489

Just stop? You sound like you don't want this to continue. Like perhaps you don't want more information to come out.

Hmmnn.....looks like we found out who the "Don't you know who I am?" person is! :))
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258

Just stop? You sound like you don't want this to continue. Like perhaps you don't want more information to come out.

Hmmnn.....looks like we found out who the "Don't you know who I am?" person is! :))
    Me boy have you got the wrong guy i could care less about the rail or any of this crap i attended three shows in 2013 both brooklyn reserved & hartford GA and did one of the Bridge shows as a matter of fact i wasted my 2nd bridge ticket i bailed on the show .....I'm done
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    For what its worth, I was very active in threads condemning the line/list practice and have heard references to the "don't you know who I am" person before...BUT this is the first time I have heard about a possible Wish list connection. Maybe it was discussed and I just missed it but that angle is new information to me.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
This discussion has been closed.