Crowdfunded Pearl Jam! Yes!

Comments

• BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    but you are in a position to set their (low) price as well as the specific venue they will play in?
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    BCBA said:

but you are in a position to set their (low) price as well as the specific venue they will play in?

$80.00 a ticket is right in the ballpark of every US show they played last year
    But $80 to move them, all their shit, and people across the whole country to play in a venue smaller than normal... for people who "demand an answer" after raising $100K? For a venue (which by some accounts seems like a hassle)?
  • badbrains said:

Hey, I have organized a Wishlist party..... Philly 2013. I was on the rail, but it was a coincidence..... It was NOT b/c I organized it, it was b/c the guys in front of me, were totally cool, and let me in. I have never met any of the members, or been back stage. I did the Wishlist Preparties, b/c I wanted to meet like minded people. I did, and it has been great! n fairness, I have purchased 2 tix to the Forrest Hills event. I'm hoping this all works out for everyone. As WE ALL LOVE PJ!

You were at the preparty and organized it and somehow still ended up on the rail? How? I dnt get how you can be at a preparty and still end up on the rail. I understand that those duoche bag guys, I mean "cool" guys let u on the rail but how'd u get behind them if you weren't in line all day? Just curious cuz even in Amsterdam I was let in early and still the closest I got to the rail was 8 deep so I went to the soundboard and hung out with dimi.
    I was waiting for this... Nice pick up.
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776

3 THINGS ABOUT IT
    1.THE IDEA IS COOL..BUT I PREFER THE BAND CHOOSE WHERE AND WHEN TO PLAY
    2.IF HAPPENS 10C ONLY HANDLE THE TICKET SALES-LOTTERY
    3.NUMBER 2 AGAIN

Dimi...we are in no position to tell 10c what to do in regards to ticketing. I want it in there hands.
    similar to how we are in no position to tell pearl jam where to play. i want to leave it in their hands.
    maybe we can make it more worthwhile for them and demand 2 or 3 shows
  • We think they will love the venue......thats' the idea....hoping they take a look. Not forcing them into anything. They say no, you guys can complain about the next show!
    " In New York as they say how the f*** ya doin'?" -Ed MSG 1 03

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • It was a Tuesday, the 2nd show, and it was last year. 2013 Lighting Bolt tour dates did NOT have the same GA lines as Europe or even this past tour. I was on Stone's side, and it just happened. The negativity is really bothersome. If it makes you feel better, I did not organize or volunteer at the WL Memphis 2014 show, and ended up 5 rows back. It is called luck, sometimes it is good, and sometimes it is bad.
    Take your witch hunt elsewhere!!!!!!
    edited November 2014

badbrains said:

Hey, I have organized a Wishlist party..... Philly 2013. I was on the rail, but it was a coincidence..... It was NOT b/c I organized it, it was b/c the guys in front of me, were totally cool, and let me in. I have never met any of the members, or been back stage. I did the Wishlist Preparties, b/c I wanted to meet like minded people. I did, and it has been great! n fairness, I have purchased 2 tix to the Forrest Hills event. I'm hoping this all works out for everyone. As WE ALL LOVE PJ!

You were at the preparty and organized it and somehow still ended up on the rail? How? I dnt get how you can be at a preparty and still end up on the rail. I understand that those duoche bag guys, I mean "cool" guys let u on the rail but how'd u get behind them if you weren't in line all day? Just curious cuz even in Amsterdam I was let in early and still the closest I got to the rail was 8 deep so I went to the soundboard and hung out with dimi.
    I was waiting for this... Nice pick up.
    I have never gone early and have either been on the rail or just a few rows deep multiple times. It is not that difficult and no one around me has ever cared. The fans I run into up front are always friendly which makes me think that forum "rail complaints" are for the most part overblown.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,189

It was a Tuesday, the 2nd show, and it was last year. 2013 Lighting Bolt tour dates did NOT have the same GA lines as Europe or even this past tour. I was on Stone's side, and it just happened. The negativity is really bothersome. If it makes you feel better, I did not organize or volunteer at the WL Memphis 2014 show, and ended up 5 rows back. It is called luck, sometimes it is good, and sometimes it is bad.

i don't think anyone is on a witch hunt. when there were numerous complaints about people making a GA list i think his question was a legitimate question to you. remember there were enough complaints about the so-called GA lists that the band management had to comment on it.

all the comments and questions raised by those about the crowd-funding show possibilities have been legitimate questions/concerns in my opinion.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    edited November 2014
    pjhawks said:

It was a Tuesday, the 2nd show, and it was last year. 2013 Lighting Bolt tour dates did NOT have the same GA lines as Europe or even this past tour. I was on Stone's side, and it just happened. The negativity is really bothersome. If it makes you feel better, I did not organize or volunteer at the WL Memphis 2014 show, and ended up 5 rows back. It is called luck, sometimes it is good, and sometimes it is bad.

i don't think anyone is on a witch hunt. when there were numerous complaints about people making a GA list i think his question was a legitimate question to you. remember there were enough complaints about the so-called GA lists that the band management had to comment on it.

all the comments and questions raised by those about the crowd-funding show possibilities have been legitimate questions/concerns in my opinion.
    yes, the LIST was a big problem.
    Did you guys/gals support it before the ban from 10club came down?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    badbrains said:

Foxy Mop said:

i heard that wishlist people get free backstage passes to many shows so their tickets are free

No. You were given wrong information.
    badbrains said:

If the denouncements against Wishlist are so accurate then can someone tell me why Eric and Laura, I believe two executive officers for the org, stood in line all day and were halfway back in GA for the tenth anniversary of WL when Ed pointed them out? I was in line with them and got a little better position. Doesn't make sense to do this if you get free passes backstage and the rail for every show. Maybe tell us specifically to whom you are referring and they can come here to reply.

Stood in line all day? Then who ran the wishlist party? And it makes total sense if u have back stage passes cuz you're actually hangen with the band and don't have to worry about rail. I'm speaking of the "don't u know who i am?" person. I've had different people tell me that same story in different cities on different tours. And those people don't know each other.
    Hi badbrains, I'm Laura Trafton. Who are you, so I know who I'm talking to? I'm the Laura Tuolumne Mama is talking about. I'm one of the founders of Wishlist and have been with the organization since day one, back in 2004. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Wishlist. If you let me know what went down, I can look into it. If I screwed up, let me know and I'll do what I can to fix it. Unfortunately shit happens and occasionally mistakes are made. We can't get better unless we know what we need to fix.

That being said, it seems you've been given some incorrect information.

No Wishlist preparty organizer ended up on the rail the same day that they ran their preparty, to my knowledge.

Yes, people who have organized Wishlist fundraisers have been on the rail - at shows where they weren't volunteering.
    badbrains said:

Are you saying there's "no shady" shit going on with people involved with the wishlist foundation? People are just making these stories up? Really? So that "don't you know who I am" quote is made up? I'm curious as to why somebody would make a quote up like that.

There is no shady shit going on that I'm aware of.

What "don't you know who I am" quote are you talking about?

Feel free to address me personally via PM, because me knocking down Wishlist rumors just detracts from the topic of this thread, which is crowdsourcing a show.
    I was told by the people who told me these stories to "please not give their names" so in giving them my word, I won't.
    While I respect your decision not to reveal your name, I don't know you who are. It's very easy to question and criticize while remaining anonymous. But I get it and I'm always happy to answer questions.

I didn't ask you to name of your sources. I don't want or care about the drama part - I'm about facts. Who were the organizers that hosted a fundraiser on this past fall tour that were on the rail? Without names and places, nothing can be verified and your information is just rumor.
    badbrains said:

My only issue is that it does seem strange how this wishlist show was a secret until the forest hills show came up. Why keep it a secret from everyone? Why not "include" everyone in the fanclub? Do u see how this looks shady and how people can honestly think that there would be some shady shit happening?

It seems you have misunderstood my statement. Wishlist has been working on developing a campaign regarding Pearl Jam playing the Gorge. Obviously there are hundreds of important details that need to be worked on, and that's where we are in the process. We refuse to launch anything that isn't done to our standards, with facts, goals, specific details and a timeline. It will have similarities to the Forest Hills crowdsourcing campaign, which is why I had brought it up.

Let me be clear. Wishlist is not keeping our Gorge campaign a secret from anyone. It's just not launched yet.

Please read through my original statement again for clarity. When you make statements like that without having the correct information, you're adding to the false information floating around out there.
    badbrains said:

I've heard you guys do good for charity but I'm gonna be honest with u, maybe it's not you directly doing the shady shit but there is def some people, not gonna say they're working for you, but def some people have taken advantage of some people in the community hiding behind the foundation. And I've personally seen peoples twitter pics at the preparty and then mysteriously they're on the rail. Does that sound shady? Of course it does, and it's 100% wrong.

Please don't confuse Wishlist volunteers for any one of the other 500-2,000+ people who attend our preparties. I know shenanigans happen within the PJ community. I've seen them myself too. Wishlist isn't responsible if someone goes to one of our preparties and then shows up at 5pm on the line and gets the rail.
    badbrains said:

One question I have for you Laura since you are sort of in charge. If let's say it does happen, and there's only 1 ticket PER PERSON allowed, and the lottery happens, you don't end up winning the lottery, do u still get a ticket? Or does anyone involved in the wishlist show who doesn't get a ticket in the lottery, still get to attend?

I think if u guys do this, make it a 1 ticket per person event so this way everyone gets a legitimate chance at winning. I think if the people who are in charge of this get special ticket allocations, that'll be wrong. Everyone should get an EQUAL opportunity for tix. Now back to your regular scheduled programming.

Yes, I am one of the people in charge of Wishlist Foundation.

In the slight, but most amazing offchance that Pearl Jam likes our campaign but wants to use the typical 10C ticketing system, then of course, all the same rules apply. I am subject to the lottery rules, just like anyone else involved in Wishlist and the event. If I don't win the lottery, then I find a ticket just like everyone else. Just like I've/we've done for this past tour and the tours before it.

Continuing on about our Wishlist campaign, especially when it hasn't even been launched yet, is distracting from the Forest Hills campaign. I'm happy to continue, but I'm saying that I'd rather see this thread stay on topic and I feel bad that it's getting sidetracked by this.
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,274
    what ever .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,611
    I think we are confusing issues.
    GA Lists and possible abusing of "privileges" to gain access to the front of GA lines.....AND....Shady
    introduction of the Crowd Funded Show topic.
    Either way, amusing, and I love that Pearl Jam will do what they feel like doing and we will all benefit from taking part in any way we can.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I am for the Wishlist campaign and the Forest Hills campaign. I am for all campaigns. Except the upcoming Hillary Clinton campaign and/or Jeb Bush campaign.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,611
    On my wishlist is that I wish people would let the band be and do as they want to do. Seems every 3rd thread this tour was one of people campaigning for one thing or another. (There were some awesome causes but many were selfish, imo.)
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,189
    edited November 2014

On my wishlist is that I wish people would let the band be and do as they want to do. Seems every 3rd thread this tour was one of people campaigning for one thing or another. (There were some awesome causes but many were selfish, imo.)

agree 100% but in this era of selfies and 'look-at-me' can we be really surprised that people want to inject themselves into how PJ tours, what songs they play, etc?

and to bring it up what 3 weeks after a tour just finished is kind of brazen and ballsy in my opinion
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • I never was on a GA list, and I've been to at least 2 shows where both of the founders of WL were in GA, and NO where near the rail! Since when does everyone have an agenda, can't things just happen? Oh and I got wine, and champagne from EV while on said rail! So there! And I helped raise over 5G for Chron's and Colitis Foundation of America. And I applaud Dan for putting up with all of this crap, he's a better person than me.
    The irony, in all of this. We all just want to see PJ as much as possible, yet we are all so divided! Too busy worrying about what's theirs is mine!

And I applaud Dan for putting up with all of this crap, he's a better person than me.
    The irony, in all of this. We all just want to see PJ as much as possible, yet we are all so divided! Too busy worrying about what's theirs is mine!

you lost me there

You do realize that this Forest Hills campaign has been intentionally misleading while soliciting cash donations from people?

Nothing to do with Wishlist or any of that. That's a separate conversation. Im not aware of any foul play there. in fact I went to 1 fundraiser hosted by laura and it was great.

• I think a simple question, that would put people's mind at ease, has never been addressed or answered over the last 2 years.

At any point in time was the wishlist organization and or volunteers, responsible for, and or participate in, the line and lists that existed?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    I am not sure if any of you have been paying attention over the last tour but the band has been more then happy to respond to fan requests. From the singing of songs to the signing of shoes Pearl Jam has thrived on catering to it's fans. Every request is a "selfish" one but so what? There is nothing wrong with asking and no one holds it against the band when they don't follow through. The forum was created to give the fans a voice and if some want to use it for crowdfunding why the F not? Participate or don't but the level of negativity from some of you is plain sad.
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812

I think a simple question, that would put people's mind at ease, has never been addressed or answered over the last 2 years.

At any point in time was the wishlist organization and or volunteers, responsible for, and or participate in, the line and lists that existed?

No.

I haven't. Eric hasn't, and no one on our board of directors has, as far as I'm aware.
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,274
    1 SHOW not enough tickets for everyone that wants them that is where the issues will arise ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    so
  • No one that I've worked with during Wishlist Preparties participated in the GA list shenanigans. And I don't know how anyone could???? Your entire day is spent preparing for the preparty, setting up, receiving donations, and allocating prizes. The whole idea of WL preparties is being a do gooder, fundraising and celebrating and upcoming show with friends. Not "how can I squeeze in front of the rail while organizing a party"???? Now can we put this to bed?
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    10C would sort it out if so....
    BCBA said:

And I applaud Dan for putting up with all of this crap, he's a better person than me.

you lost me there

You do realize that this Forest Hills campaign has been intentionally misleading while soliciting cash donations from people?

Nothing to do with Wishlist or any of that. That's a separate conversation. Im not aware of any foul play there. in fact I went to 1 fundraiser hosted by laura and it was great.

This. I tried to point out that I thought there were two issues going on in this thread, which is meant to be about the crowd funded gig.
    I went to jerseygenx's wishlist party and it was fun. I applaud those who give of their time for such things.

I am not one to be negative about items for negativism's sake...but the whole way this was introduced reeks. Read the OP.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    badbrains said:

We were at the preparty and in GA in Philly too. We got to the venue at around 6 pm or even later and ended up about 3-4 rows back. If we would have wanted to go for the rail, I am sure it would somehow have been possible at one point. Of course we were no organizers, but a GA floor is flexible when it comes to your standing point. In Stockholm and Berlin I had to step out of the closer to the stage section at one point because it got too rough. I think you cannot compare US and European GA here.

As for thread integrity, I am still not convinced of the Forest Hill campaign. Anything that has been posted about it since I saw it mentioned here first has not changed my decision.
    I do not have any bad experiences with Wishlist. I think there are lots of rumours out there on both sides. When people get jealous they start talking crap. Then the crap is being taken to others and so on and so on. Happens all the time and everywhere. Rotten apples are all around, but so are good people.
    I am happy that nothing that has been announced yet is appealing to me because I am still recovering financially from my little fall tour extravaganza :P

• Foxy Mop said:

I think a simple question, that would put people's mind at ease, has never been addressed or answered over the last 2 years.

No.

I haven't. Eric hasn't, and no one on our board of directors has, as far as I'm aware.
    Well then I guess many of us were given false information? Because there are many here who believe, it was indeed some of your volunteers, who were running the line and the list.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • I don't know how that could have started??? Even Brooklyn had a short GA line on night 1, there was less than 60 people in it by the time the doors open, of course the Merch line was 100 deep, but that's a whole other problem. I just know the 2013 dates I was at, the GA lines weren't that big. And I think they used the number system, but I always got there too late, so I never participated in a number system. I noticed in Memphis in STL the GA lines were 100 deep by noon each day, totally a different scene.
    Now, excuse me while I go sit outside Forrest Hills so I can be first in line for my next show!!!!! [-O<
This discussion has been closed.