Options

Crowdfunded Pearl Jam! Yes!

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, with JimmyV on this.

Fishy.

Also, there are no links on the site to said legal folks, comments, etc.
  • Options
    Sorry you feel that way. I hope you give us another look.
    " In New York as they say how the f*** ya doin'?" -Ed MSG 1 03

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    edited November 2014
    Dan...

I know it may have been lost on the excitement of the Genesis of this idea... but you are asking to reach into people's pockets here. That can't be taken lightly. On top of that, there are numerous attempts at deception starting right on the first post.

More recently you started a website and tried to make it look like the news was released to news outlets... and are also speaking vaguelly and implying there are actual behind the scenes things going on to fluff this thing up... and get more people to pay money. When people take you to task you come up with some childish retort.

I still feel pretty confident this all is good intenioned... but the way this has been run is not cool man. You are dealing with people's money potentially in the hundreds of thousands of dollars range. You have to be honest and straight forward. There are elements of this campaign that haven't been honest from the getgo.

I would say this campaign is closer to getting a notice to stop from band management than an agreement to play.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    MayDay10 said:

Dan...

I know it may have been lost on the excitement of the Genesis of this idea... but you are asking to reach into people's pockets here. That can't be taken lightly. On top of that, there are numerous attempts at deception starting right on the first post.

More recently you started a website and tried to make it look like the news was released to news outlets... and are also speaking vaguelly and implying there are actual behind the scenes things going on to fluff this thing up... and get more people to pay money. When people take you to task you come up with some childish retort.

I still feel pretty confident this all is good intenioned... but the way this has been run is not cool man. You are dealing with people's money potentially in the hundreds of thousands of dollars range. You have to be honest and straight forward. There are elements of this campaign that haven't been honest from the getgo.

I would say this campaign is closer to getting a notice to stop from band management than an agreement to play.

Thank you, this sums up my thoughts very well also
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698

Are you mad that something good will happen? Quite strange.

www.pearljamforesthills.com

WOW, that's it? I was asking fairly reasonable questions dude, and you respond like a child.

good luck with this, sounds like you might need it.

Stay classy
  • Options
    I'm trying to focus on answering constructive questions and making this initiative happen. I can't change your perception of how I started the campaign. I can only hope that you've seen me make adjustments where I needed to and will consider supporting the campaign/or not.

--
    MSG 1 '98 - MSG 1+2 '03 - Reading,PA '04 - Borgata 1 '05 - Continental Arena 1+2 '06 - Lollapalooza Chicago,IL '07-MSG 1+2 08, Mansfield 1 08, Beacon Theatre 08. MSG 1 10,PJ20 Alpine Valley, Atlanta 2012, Brooklyn 1+2 2013, Hartford 2013, Seattle 2013, Memphis 2014
  • Options
    badbrains said:

Seems to me you are very uninformed about the org or the preparties. I have been to many shows and preparties where neither of them were there but other members ran them. Talk about jumping to conclusions about rumors!
    As to you being a "rat" I was not asking who told you but rather who were the people on the rail and backstage.
    I really dislike it when people wrongly accuse others of things without proof but based on something Joe Blow and Jane Doe told them. This leads me to believe rather than asking questions you have some unstated reason for your responses. Your opinion is yours but it's reckless to accuse people of things without either witnessing it yourself or having substantiated proof.

Oh I know more about the org then u think. And just because YOU had an awesome experience with them doesn't mean everyone else is in the same boat as you. Awesome, u like the org, don't stop supporting it. But to sit here and preach to us that we're uninformed and that you know everything is straight bullshit. Are you friends with these organizers? Just curious.

Edit-if u want to find out who those people are I'm talking about, go to twitter and put in the normal hashtags used for the tour and look at the preparty pics and look at the pics people posted from the shows. You CANT be at the preparty till 6:00 and end up on rail unless you're being shady. Either having someone holding a spot for u in the GA line or you "know" somebody.
    Based on the responses I've gotten from you I succinctly reply that your statements are irrelevant, immaterial, and incompetent. Have a nice day.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    badbrains said:

strummers said:

i heard that wishlist people get free backstage passes to many shows so their tickets are free

Really? Wow, I wish someone had told me! :)

I'd love to be guaranteed great spots (for free), not have to queue for upwards of 15 hours at a time, while spending time chatting with the boys backstage before the show. As it is, I'm having to sell some of my stuff to pay for the shows we went to this summer, have only ever met Ed (after waiting outside in the cold after shows) and am seriously considering buying a tent for the next tour! ;)

Seriously, I'm on the Wishlist board, I have never known this to happen and it certainly has never happened to me (if only!).

Please don't listen to/spread unsubstantiated rumours/gossip. If you genuinely witness inappropriate behaviour from Wishlist volunteers/staff, please send an email/pm/message and let us know, with as much info as possible. We will look into it and deal with it appropriately, but we need you to let us know, in as timely a way as possible, what you have witnessed and where.

Are you saying there's "no shady" shit going on with people involved with the wishlist foundation? People are just making these stories up? Really? So that "don't you know who I am" quote is made up? I'm curious as to why somebody would make a quote up like that.
    I'm saying I have not witnessed any "shady shit" nor am I aware of anything being reported directly to us regarding "shady shit". All I see are rumours and hearsay. I can't comment on whether or not it has happened as I'm not in the position to be at every Wishlist event and/or Pearl Jam gig.

Do some people exaggerate, embellish, take out of context, genuinely get mixed up, end up with 4th hand distorted stories, etc. Yes. That's why I'm asking that, if anyone is directly witness to any inappropriate behaviour from Wishlist volunteers, that they report it with as much information as possible as soon as they are able.

That way, If anything dodgy is going on, we can investigate and deal with the situation appropriately rather than reacting to vague rumours.

I can honestly, hand on heart, say that in all of my dealings with WL people and volunteers I have personally experienced nothing but honest people working extremely hard (for free, volunteering their own time) with the utmost integrity to raise as much money as possible for a multitude of good causes.

I am proud of all the Wishlist has accomplished and proud that we strive to be as professional, fair, open and honest as possible. I'm pretty sure almost every one of the PJ fans has contributed to our achievements in one way or another. You/we are all the Wishlist. As with everything in life, it/we are not perfect. However we are committed to improvement, learning from mistakes, moving forward and being better every day.

I'll leave it there as I don't want to hijack this thread for a non-Wishlist event. Just wanted to let people know that they do have the ability to report/start a dialogue if needed.
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    8-}
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

badbrains said:

Seems to me you are very uninformed about the org or the preparties. I have been to many shows and preparties where neither of them were there but other members ran them. Talk about jumping to conclusions about rumors!
    As to you being a "rat" I was not asking who told you but rather who were the people on the rail and backstage.
    I really dislike it when people wrongly accuse others of things without proof but based on something Joe Blow and Jane Doe told them. This leads me to believe rather than asking questions you have some unstated reason for your responses. Your opinion is yours but it's reckless to accuse people of things without either witnessing it yourself or having substantiated proof.

Oh I know more about the org then u think. And just because YOU had an awesome experience with them doesn't mean everyone else is in the same boat as you. Awesome, u like the org, don't stop supporting it. But to sit here and preach to us that we're uninformed and that you know everything is straight bullshit. Are you friends with these organizers? Just curious.

Edit-if u want to find out who those people are I'm talking about, go to twitter and put in the normal hashtags used for the tour and look at the preparty pics and look at the pics people posted from the shows. You CANT be at the preparty till 6:00 and end up on rail unless you're being shady. Either having someone holding a spot for u in the GA line or you "know" somebody.
    Based on the responses I've gotten from you I succinctly reply that your statements are irrelevant, immaterial, and incompetent. Have a nice day.
    And who are you? Nobody, just like me. And I could careless what you think of my responses. And I always have a nice days. But thanks anyways.
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Page 8 IBTL!!
  • Options

badbrains said:

And you could put your wishlist pompoms down, I'm sure they'll get you a ticket to event being that it sounds like you're tight with them. No need to ass kiss anymore, they know who u are. Jesus
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    ckravitz said:

Page 8 IBTL!!

Should have been locked pages ago. Tacky in my opinion. I'd never try and guilt a band into performance by waiving my dollars around.

• Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812

i heard that wishlist people get free backstage passes to many shows so their tickets are free

No. You were given wrong information.
    badbrains said:

If the denouncements against Wishlist are so accurate then can someone tell me why Eric and Laura, I believe two executive officers for the org, stood in line all day and were halfway back in GA for the tenth anniversary of WL when Ed pointed them out? I was in line with them and got a little better position. Doesn't make sense to do this if you get free passes backstage and the rail for every show. Maybe tell us specifically to whom you are referring and they can come here to reply.

Stood in line all day? Then who ran the wishlist party? And it makes total sense if u have back stage passes cuz you're actually hangen with the band and don't have to worry about rail. I'm speaking of the "don't u know who i am?" person. I've had different people tell me that same story in different cities on different tours. And those people don't know each other.
    Hi badbrains, I'm Laura Trafton. Who are you, so I know who I'm talking to? I'm the Laura Tuolumne Mama is talking about. I'm one of the founders of Wishlist and have been with the organization since day one, back in 2004. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Wishlist. If you let me know what went down, I can look into it. If I screwed up, let me know and I'll do what I can to fix it. Unfortunately shit happens and occasionally mistakes are made. We can't get better unless we know what we need to fix.

That being said, it seems you've been given some incorrect information.

No Wishlist preparty organizer ended up on the rail the same day that they ran their preparty, to my knowledge.

Yes, people who have organized Wishlist fundraisers have been on the rail - at shows where they weren't volunteering.
    badbrains said:

Are you saying there's "no shady" shit going on with people involved with the wishlist foundation? People are just making these stories up? Really? So that "don't you know who I am" quote is made up? I'm curious as to why somebody would make a quote up like that.

There is no shady shit going on that I'm aware of.

What "don't you know who I am" quote are you talking about?

Feel free to address me personally via PM, because me knocking down Wishlist rumors just detracts from the topic of this thread, which is crowdsourcing a show.
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,744
    edited November 2014
    I haven't checked in or seen what the funding was doing since the first day this started. Now that I am .. When this campaign started, it had a goal of 1 million dollars. Now the campaign goal is 100 grand? Why the lower goal?

"If this campaign is successfully funded, your card will be charged when we reach the tilt amount of $100,000. If the project does not reach the tilt amount of $100,000, your card is never charged."

$80+ Pearl Jam Ticket
    187 of 13000 claimed

You are contributing for 1 ticket to the show! THIS IS YOUR SEAT! SEATS WILL BE GIVEN OUT IN A LOTTERY! YOU ARE IN!

You're only asking for 100 grand. There's 13000 seats / tickets x 80 bucks a pop = 1 million 40 thousand dollars. How can Pearl Jam even play at this tennis court for only 100 grand that your only asking? Plus you need to pay the site 2% of what you make & service fees. I'm sure there's rich folks out there what would fork over a few grand to Pearl Jam so they can play their backyard.

It would be cool if it did happen. That fans were able to bring the band to play in own backyard. But the fact that the place uses TicketFly, I'm not sure. Plus ...

This project wouldn't fly if 10club / Pearl Jam Co. doesn't step in & Tweet, Facebook etc.. .. get the word out that these fan's want to see Pearl Jam live @ Forest Hills Stadium. Let's make it happen like. If they did something like this to get the word out about this, I'm totally down. But without any blessing from Pearl Jam management, I'm out.

Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Not sure why people are so negative on this crowdfunding project. Me...I like dreamers. Just put down $160 for a pair. If it fails so be it. If the band doesn't want to do it I will certainly not hold it against them. And if by some small chance the show does happen I will make sure to cross-reference this post when I'm looking for someone to be my +1. No whiners allowed.
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682

I'm trying to focus on answering constructive questions and making this initiative happen. I can't change your perception of how I started the campaign. I can only hope that you've seen me make adjustments where I needed to and will consider supporting the campaign/or not.

Guess I won't be getting an explanation so
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Seems legit to me...the site is secure, the Foos did it....stranger things have happened. There is already a group on FB, I don't think the people starting it are out for your money. Seems like they are friends with a lot of folks in the community. To each their own.

I'm sorry and mean no disrespect but, starting this thread and commenting as if you weren't the organizer is misleading and raises some integrity issues with the whole thing. You were basically vouching for yourself without disclosing you were involved. I will respectfully decline.
  • Options
    Foxy Mop said:

No. You were given wrong information.
    badbrains said:

If the denouncements against Wishlist are so accurate then can someone tell me why Eric and Laura, I believe two executive officers for the org, stood in line all day and were halfway back in GA for the tenth anniversary of WL when Ed pointed them out? I was in line with them and got a little better position. Doesn't make sense to do this if you get free passes backstage and the rail for every show. Maybe tell us specifically to whom you are referring and they can come here to reply.

Stood in line all day? Then who ran the wishlist party? And it makes total sense if u have back stage passes cuz you're actually hangen with the band and don't have to worry about rail. I'm speaking of the "don't u know who i am?" person. I've had different people tell me that same story in different cities on different tours. And those people don't know each other.
    Hi badbrains, I'm Laura Trafton. Who are you, so I know who I'm talking to? I'm the Laura Tuolumne Mama is talking about. I'm one of the founders of Wishlist and have been with the organization since day one, back in 2004. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Wishlist. If you let me know what went down, I can look into it. If I screwed up, let me know and I'll do what I can to fix it. Unfortunately shit happens and occasionally mistakes are made. We can't get better unless we know what we need to fix.

That being said, it seems you've been given some incorrect information.

No Wishlist preparty organizer ended up on the rail the same day that they ran their preparty, to my knowledge.

Yes, people who have organized Wishlist fundraisers have been on the rail - at shows where they weren't volunteering.
    badbrains said:

There is no shady shit going on that I'm aware of.

What "don't you know who I am" quote are you talking about?

Feel free to address me personally via PM, because me knocking down Wishlist rumors just detracts from the topic of this thread, which is crowdsourcing a show.
    I was told by the people who told me these stories to "please not give their names" so in giving them my word, I won't.

My only issue is that it does seem strange how this wishlist show was a secret until the forest hills show came up. Why keep it a secret from everyone? Why not "include" everyone in the fanclub? Do u see how this looks shady and how people can honestly think that there would be some shady shit happening? I've heard you guys do good for charity but I'm gonna be honest with u, maybe it's not you directly doing the shady shit but there is def some people, not gonna say they're working for you, but def some people have taken advantage of some people in the community hiding behind the foundation. And I've personally seen peoples twitter pics at the preparty and then mysteriously they're on the rail. Does that sound shady? Of course it does, and it's 100% wrong.

One question I have for you Laura since you are sort of in charge. If let's say it does happen, and there's only 1 ticket PER PERSON allowed, and the lottery happens, you don't end up winning the lottery, do u still get a ticket? Or does anyone involved in the wishlist show who doesn't get a ticket in the lottery, still get to attend?

I think if u guys do this, make it a 1 ticket per person event so this way everyone gets a legitimate chance at winning. I think if the people who are in charge of this get special ticket allocations, that'll be wrong. Everyone should get an EQUAL opportunity for tix. Now back to your regular scheduled programming.
  • Options
    Hey, I have organized a Wishlist party..... Philly 2013. I was on the rail, but it was a coincidence..... It was NOT b/c I organized it, it was b/c the guys in front of me, were totally cool, and let me in. I have never met any of the members, or been back stage. I did the Wishlist Preparties, b/c I wanted to meet like minded people. I did, and it has been great! n fairness, I have purchased 2 tix to the Forrest Hills event. I'm hoping this all works out for everyone. As WE ALL LOVE PJ!
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    i can't imagine Pearl Jam giving up any control of a show they play. I just don't see any chance PJ is going to let someone other then themselves handle any kind of ticketing, especially for fan club members. Zero chance PJ would give these groups the ability to organize a lottery for tickets.

• Options
    Shit is gettin' real!!!
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    High, high...high entertainment value here. How'd I miss this?

Let the band do what it wants....
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    One things for sure...if these happen, sounds like we have more vault shows :))
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    3 THINGS ABOUT IT
    1.THE IDEA IS COOL..BUT I PREFER THE BAND CHOOSE WHERE AND WHEN TO PLAY
    2.IF HAPPENS 10C ONLY HANDLE THE TICKET SALES-LOTTERY
    3.NUMBER 2 AGAIN
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Hey, I have organized a Wishlist party..... Philly 2013. I was on the rail, but it was a coincidence..... It was NOT b/c I organized it, it was b/c the guys in front of me, were totally cool, and let me in. I have never met any of the members, or been back stage. I did the Wishlist Preparties, b/c I wanted to meet like minded people. I did, and it has been great! n fairness, I have purchased 2 tix to the Forrest Hills event. I'm hoping this all works out for everyone. As WE ALL LOVE PJ!

Ironically enough, philly was one of the shows I heard some rumblings at. NOT saying it was YOU at all, just saying that's where I heard some shit.
  • Options

You were at the preparty and organized it and somehow still ended up on the rail? How? I dnt get how you can be at a preparty and still end up on the rail. I understand that those duoche bag guys, I mean "cool" guys let u on the rail but how'd u get behind them if you weren't in line all day? Just curious cuz even in Amsterdam I was let in early and still the closest I got to the rail was 8 deep so I went to the soundboard and hung out with dimi.
  • Options

badbrains said:

Thank you!

--
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

3 THINGS ABOUT IT
    3.NUMBER 2 AGAIN

I'm sure the band and the organizers can work this all out. In the meantime it seems like a no-brainer to put down $80.00 IF you trust the refund process. Based on nothing but a feeling I trust the organizers and am happy to put down some money for the cause.
  • Options

3 THINGS ABOUT IT
    3.NUMBER 2 AGAIN

Dimi...we are in no position to tell 10c what to do in regards to ticketing. I want it in there hands.

--
This discussion has been closed.