Options

Pakistani fan got a Pakistani tambourine- my goodbye for now

HumayunHumayun Posts: 7
edited October 2014 in Given To Fly (live)
I've posted here before and on Facebook but this is my official goodbye to Pearl Jam for now and the amazing fans I met here in the States. Lincoln was my last show before I head back home and perhaps the most memorable one. I'm the guy from Pakistan who kept waving a green and white flag in the shows. Mike interacted with me a lot from the stage and I got a tambourine from Eddie in the end! Guess where the tambourine was made in? Pakistan! :D

Everyone has been so amazing with me and has shown me so much support. There was one asshole who tried to grab the flag I was waving and Ed noticed that, I guess that's why I got the tambo. I would also like to apologize if my flag blocked anyone's vision of the stage, I raised it only when Ed spoke and did not want to hinder anyone's sight.

Thank you Pearl Jam for everything, you have proven once again that music goes beyond borders and cultures, you have proven that your message of respect and love can be understood by anyone, anywhere in the world. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Humayun said:

I've posted here before and on Facebook but this is my official goodbye to Pearl Jam for now and the amazing fans I met here in the States. Lincoln was my last show before I head back home and perhaps the most memorable one. I'm the guy from Pakistan who kept waving a green and white flag in the shows. Mike interacted with me a lot from the stage and I got a tambourine from Eddie in the end! Guess where the tambourine was made in? Pakistan! :D

Everyone has been so amazing with me and has shown me so much support. There was one asshole who tried to grab the flag I was waving and Ed noticed that, I guess that's why I got the tambo. I would also like to apologize if my flag blocked anyone's vision of the stage, I raised it only when Ed spoke and did not want to hinder anyone's sight.

Thank you Pearl Jam for everything, you have proven once again that music goes beyond borders and cultures, you have proven that your message of respect and love can be understood by anyone, anywhere in the world. Thank you.

HALTS MAUL! My man, you rock. Safe travels and hope to meet you at a show someday. Fucken awesome bro, travel all the way from Pakistan, damn fucken far.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    good for u bro. Safe travels home.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    I just responded to your post in the fanview but thought you might be more likely see it here. I was right in front of you when you got the tambourine (the lady with the white scarf). Eddie clearly wanted you to have it bc he pointed right at you. I was so glad you caught it bc someone else may not have given it up. You were so happy and I was happy for you! It is amazing how pj can span geographies, cultures and beliefs and bring us all together! Peace to you and safe travels back to Pakistan.

Jen
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Thanks Jen! And thank you for the pick as well! I'm glad I had some good people surrounding me in the GA :)