Options

EV Mystery Box Pic Thread

Comments

• Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    edited September 2014
    I think my PJ ones had a fragile sticker on the top where the tape was. Probably just so they know not to let the box get crushed, even though I don't know how well UPS pays attention to that.
    Post edited by drsluggo on
  • Options
    If anyone gets the box w/ cards inside and wants to trade PM me. Have vinyl, good posters, EV trucker hat, EV mug, shirts, etc, etc. Tons to trade. :)
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    EV mug???? Okay - it's time to open this sucker up.
  • Options
    robertstackarmyrobertstackarmy So. WI Posts: 681

Odd question...got a message from Peacefrog...anyone work with him before. Love to help him out as long as it's not an eBay flip situation.

I worked something out with him and it worked out just fine!
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,001
    Looking for ev buttons and stickers. Happy to trade with you.

Also beer koozies. After usa ones as have recent aus 2014 one.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Opened my XL women's box - I really wish they would figure out what size an XL is. Two are huge and one is perfect.

EV iPad holder
    EV Australia 2014 Coozie
    EV bullseye sticker
    b/w ev on surfboard with his case and uke sticker - back says Eddie Vedder Ukulele songs OUT NOW
    itsy bitsy crouched ev with arms stretched round sticker
    Molo Sessions CD
    All The Way sealed CD (?)

Ukulele Chord Chart with thumbprint on back - Molo Ukulele on front
    EV Uke songs promo b/w poster
    Two nice posters - IMO - some paint (?) through to back
    - Eddie Vedder with Glen Hansard Comerica Theater Phoenix 4/13/12 number on it - 500 i think
    - Blue Butterfly with US Tour in Middle - SOTO drawn in and locks and keys on back

T-shirts
    - Greetings from Jacksonville Nov. 24/25 2012 - black - back - EV 2012 tour 5cents stamp - HUGE
    - EV Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane 2014 on back - bikini woman on front - off white - HUGE
    - Eddie Vedder West Coast Tour with venues with special guest Liam Finn - back - crouch arm picture on front - nice shirt.

I'll post pictures later - those are my best descriptions - don't know 'official' names.

Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    njnancy said:

Opened my XL women's box - I really wish they would figure out what size an XL is. Two are huge and one is perfect.

EV iPad holder
    EV Australia 2014 Coozie
    EV bullseye sticker
    b/w ev on surfboard with his case and uke sticker - back says Eddie Vedder Ukulele songs OUT NOW
    itsy bitsy crouched ev with arms stretched round sticker
    Molo Sessions CD
    All The Way sealed CD (?)

Ukulele Chord Chart with thumbprint on back - Molo Ukulele on front
    EV Uke songs promo b/w poster
    Two nice posters - IMO - some paint (?) through to back
    - Eddie Vedder with Glen Hansard Comerica Theater Phoenix 4/13/12 number on it - 500 i think
    - Blue Butterfly with US Tour in Middle - SOTO drawn in and locks and keys on back

T-shirts
    - Greetings from Jacksonville Nov. 24/25 2012 - black - back - EV 2012 tour 5cents stamp - HUGE
    - EV Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane 2014 on back - bikini woman on front - off white - HUGE
    - Eddie Vedder West Coast Tour with venues with special guest Liam Finn - back - crouch arm picture on front - nice shirt.

I'll post pictures later - those are my best descriptions - don't know 'official' names.

Good stuff Ms Nancy!!!
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited September 2014
    njnancy said:

I got my Woman's XL box - haven't opened it yet. Does anyone else have a red and white fragile sticker on their box? I thought that was odd. I zipped past the pictures of other boxes cause I don't want to ruin the whole anticipation/surprise thing (it's 70% of the fun). Will post my pictures later tonight. Just was curious about the fragile sticker at the moment. Thanks!

Maybe you have one of those mugs that everyone wants. :) Don't let the sticker hold you back!
    -- Should have read on. I would have seen the list. Oops. Nice box o stuff!
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Why thank you Mr. Tempo. The West Coast shirt is a really nice fabric. And the posters aren't reprints like the ones i got in my Mystery Box (like iron on's kind of sort of). They are on nice paper and seem to be original, not copies. Does SOTO stand for Sold On Tour Only?? Just trying to figure out anagrams. I don't own an iPad - but the holder is very nice. And thank you to PF for telling me that 'All The Way' is the song EV wrote for the Cubs, I was imagining Eddie doing Sinatra. I'm VERY happy with that.

I was surprised that the EV soft goods were made in China, Turkey and Haiti - even the one from Seattle Surf Company. The really nice shirt was made in Turkey, which I've noticed uses nice fabrics whenever I've come across stuff made from there or India. The soft goods I got in the PJ box were all made in USA. Just something I check nowadays.

The Ukulele Chord Chart poster makes me wish I had a ukulele so I could try to play. My godfather had one but I don't know where it went when he passed away.

I didn't get anything from Into the Wild - not a complaint, just an observation.

Will post pics later - I'm going apple picking. Have a good day all.

• Options
    hammahamma Posts: 88
    njnancy said:

Why thank you Mr. Tempo. The West Coast shirt is a really nice fabric. And the posters aren't reprints like the ones i got in my Mystery Box (like iron on's kind of sort of). They are on nice paper and seem to be original, not copies. Does SOTO stand for Sold On Tour Only?? Just trying to figure out anagrams. I don't own an iPad - but the holder is very nice. And thank you to PF for telling me that 'All The Way' is the song EV wrote for the Cubs, I was imagining Eddie doing Sinatra. I'm VERY happy with that.

I was surprised that the EV soft goods were made in China, Turkey and Haiti - even the one from Seattle Surf Company. The really nice shirt was made in Turkey, which I've noticed uses nice fabrics whenever I've come across stuff made from there or India. The soft goods I got in the PJ box were all made in USA. Just something I check nowadays.

The Ukulele Chord Chart poster makes me wish I had a ukulele so I could try to play. My godfather had one but I don't know where it went when he passed away.

I didn't get anything from Into the Wild - not a complaint, just an observation.

Will post pics later - I'm going apple picking. Have a good day all.

SOTO = Sold out tonight only?
  • Options
    cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    Soto is for Jeff Soto the artist...Nice poster...
    I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    Vytis33 said:

Deadman said:

Here's my haul. I was really wanting the into the wild or uke trucker cap. I'd trade any of my tshirts for either of those hats if anybody is interested. Doesn't seem like too many are getting hats. Or I'd trade any tshirt for the PJ birds hat.

Albuquerque tshirt
    Flying Whale tshirt
    Jacksonville tshirt

What size on shirts?

XL
  • Options
    Thank you cjzoly. Yes, it is the nicest poster of the few I own. Beautiful colors. Do you know why there are portions or locks and such in silver on back of painting? It'll make more sense when i post pic but since you know the artist, I thought you might know what that meant - it's not leak through, like the other poster - it's intentionally painted.
    deadendp said:

njnancy said:

I got my Woman's XL box - haven't opened it yet. Does anyone else have a red and white fragile sticker on their box? I thought that was odd. I zipped past the pictures of other boxes cause I don't want to ruin the whole anticipation/surprise thing (it's 70% of the fun). Will post my pictures later tonight. Just was curious about the fragile sticker at the moment. Thanks!

Maybe you have one of those mugs that everyone wants. :) Don't let the sticker hold you back!
    -- Should have read on. I would have seen the list. Oops. Nice box o stuff!
    Thank you. Fragile sticker had me hoping for a mug - I love 'em. Or maybe Mr. Vedder? But there was no air hole and I know even Vermont Teddy Bears get those.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited September 2014
    The Soto poster you received is the "middle" piece of a triptych,
    that Jeff Soto did for Ed's solo tour in 2011!
    It started with the first show on the tour in Providence, RI...
    and ended with the second show in Seattle,
    where I think...this was the only show your poster was available!
    No one even knew it was a triptych until the final 2 posters went on sale,
    at the last show of the tour in Seattle!!
    I'm not sure what the drawings on the back mean,
    but maybe they form something when all 3 posters are put together!!
    Here's what the triptych would look like when assembled:
    photo SotoEVTriptych2011Small_zps7f526e6c.jpg
    You scored a pretty nice poster!!!
    Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Thank you derbydave - that is gorgeous - and yes - I have the middle one. And a possible mystery meaning? I love these.

This shirt I'm wearing today - other side has the crouched eddie.

Okay - I'm going to be beaten if I don't get the teens out to the apple orchards - post more pics later.
    Post edited by njnancy on
  • Options
    Am i still the only card box received?
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    There was another one on Facebook yesterday too... so far I've seen 1 white zippo, 1 chrome zippo, 2 card boxes, lots of koozies, and just a few hats.
  • Options
    CM234968CM234968 St. Louis Posts: 166
    I got a white Evel Knievel Zippo that I hadn't previously reported. The rest was pretty standard after that based on what I'm seeing from everyone else.
    1998 - St. Louis; 2000 - St. Louis; 2003 - St. Louis, Champaign; 2004 - St. Louis (VFC); 2009 - Seattle 1 & 2; 2010 - Kansas City, St. Louis; 2013 - Wrigley; 2014 - St. Louis, Moline; 2016 - Wrigley
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    Was there Men's and Women's sizes? I only saw sizes (not genders) and assumed all were men's sizes. Ruh roh....
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    njnancy said:

Thank you derbydave - that is gorgeous - and yes - I have the middle one. And a possible mystery meaning? I love these.

This shirt I'm wearing today - other side has the crouched eddie.

Okay - I'm going to be beaten if I don't get the teens out to the apple orchards - post more pics later.

You received the Molo Sessions CD in a white CD sleeve? Not tin can or digi pack? I'm wondering if you have right there is a promo CD copy.
  • Options

Was there Men's and Women's sizes? I only saw sizes (not genders) and assumed all were men's sizes. Ruh roh....

I think just generic sizes- - never had womens or mens. They must not have had many women's shirts leftover from the tours I guess... or they just had a ton of the postcard shirts to deal with first.
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    drsluggo said:

I think just generic sizes- - never had womens or mens. They must not have had many women's shirts leftover from the tours I guess... or they just had a ton of the postcard shirts to deal with first.
    Well I'll find out soon enough if I've got three new mens large shirts to wear or three new women's large shirts to trade/donate! Haha...
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    In my crushed XL box I got
    Eddie Bedder playing cards
    In to the wild - for your consideration CD
    IPad case
    Couple of stickers
    Albuquerque post card
    Manchester, Vegas, San Antonio post card shirts
    2011 Whale shirt
    Ukulele poster
    Oakland star wars poster
    Chicago 2011 poster

Would be open to trade, even might part with the playing cards possibly
  • Options

The XL FL postcard shirt and XL Australia 2014 shirt I got have to be men's.
    The West Coast tour shirt is definitely a woman's shirt.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

You received the Molo Sessions CD in a white CD sleeve? Not tin can or digi pack? I'm wondering if you have right there is a promo CD copy.

Yes - it came in just a white sleeve, nothing else. What is the difference between what I got and the other ones?

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    looking for post cards: PM - and hopefully, we can figure out something. :)

photo cornelltree_zps03252b3f.jpgphoto ScreenShot2014-09-29at114641AM_zpse8e3bc02.png
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Shipping updated to arrive on Friday 10/3....originally slated for today. :(

Oh well, a nice surprise when I get home from Cincy.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Mine scheduled to arrive tomorrow....
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • Options
    Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Maryland Posts: 1,900

Odd question...got a message from Peacefrog...anyone work with him before. Love to help him out as long as it's not an eBay flip situation.

100% good to go with Kevin
  • Options
    Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,752
    In my L box I received a XXXL Vegas shirt!?! Thoughts?
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16