Options

First tour and need advice

etsixetsix Atlanta, GA Posts: 25
I'm looking to travel to at least 5 shows this Fall (Cincinnati, St, Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln and Memphis). Driving to all of them and possibly sleeping in my car. Looking for some advice on how to find some good seats at a broke college kid price. Also wondering about any 10C get togethers pre-show that would be cool to hang out at. I am new at this and would love any suggestions you veterans might have.

Comments

• Options
    anotherpowneranotherpowner Colorado Posts: 33
    Hey! Congrats on your first tour :) I just saw them for the first time last year, but I was with my sister and shes a weathered PJ veteran!
    1. Don't get your hopes up for keeping in any type of budget. PJ tix are expensive, SOOO worth it, but expensive none the less. Who knows you may end up finding someone at a show needing to get rid of a ticket and get lucky!
    2. Be prepared to stand in lines! Merch lines, 10c lines, Will Call lines, Beer lines, ALLL THE LINES!!! But its okay, you'll make some awesome friends in said lines!
    3. You WILL get to at least one of these shows. Just keep at it! I'm so excited for you.

I saw them twice last year, and I saw ED solo the year before that, this year I'm going to Austin City Limits and then to the Tulsa show. I'm so stoked.

Best of luck to you!
    Nov 2012 ED solo Tulsa, OK
    July 2013 WRIGLEY First PJ Show! 
    Nov 2013 OKC
    Oct 2014 ACL (weekend One)
    Oct 2014 Tulsa, OK
    The Ride Festival Telluride July 2016