Options

MTV Live and Loud - 1993

drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
edited April 2011 in The Porch
So this was this the show MTV taped on 12/13/93 and aired on New Year's Eve that was initially supposed to have PJ playing alongside The Breeders, Cypress Hill, and Nirvana. I know that Cypress Hill performed The Real Thing w/Jeff, Dave A., and Stone at the end of their set, but it was never televised. I remember seeing Dave's drumkit and Jeff's & Stone's amps set up during the televised show. Does anyone know if any video or audio of this performance has ever surfaced?

I've stumbled across a few photos from that night on the internet, but would love to hear/see some audio/video.
Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)

Comments

• Options
    farryfarry Jakarta, Indonesia Posts: 31
    Hi,
    I know this was an old post but am curious.
    Stumbled into this photo of Cypress Hill & Stone performing. But this seems to be a different show than MTV Live-n-Loud 1993. In the photo B-Real (Cypress Hill) wear a white Sonics jersey while in MTV Live-n-Loud 1993 he wore black t-shirt. Or were he changing?
    Thanks.
    Farry Aprianto
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    BDO 2014 Melbourne + Sydney

#BringPearlJamToIndonesia
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    This would have been unfreakin believable if PJ played. Ed was sick or something?
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    RB90590RB90590 Posts: 227
    If I had to guess, it would be the same show.

Would love to see this footage. Maybe it will be released or leaked at some point.
  • Options
    Farry Aprianto
    Jakarta, Indonesia

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,831
    edited August 2014
    farry said:

Hi,
    I know this was an old post but am curious.
    Stumbled into this photo of Cypress Hill & Stone performing. But this seems to be a different show than MTV Live-n-Loud 1993. In the photo B-Real (Cypress Hill) wear a white Sonics jersey while in MTV Live-n-Loud 1993 he wore black t-shirt. Or were he changing?
    Thanks.

It's the same gig.

http://www.fivehorizons.com/tour/cc/t1993.shtml

12/13/93 - Pier 48: Seattle, WA (canceled)
    attendance: 2,000
    PJ was originally scheduled to perform at the taping of the MTV Live and Loud New Year's Eve special, closing the show after Nirvana played. But PJ didn't perform as a group, cancelling at the last minute because Ed was sick. Attendance at this event included people like Layne Stayley and the cast of Almost Live, as well as many local television newscasters and politicians as. Also on the bill were The Breeders, Cypress Hill and Nirvana (who were allowed to play an extra half-hour). As they were setting up Cypress Hill's gear, they also set up PJ's gear and at the end performed 'The Real Thing.'

Check out Live-n-Loud performance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS3OGyQU42A .. You can see Jeff's basketball toys on the right speakers, but in the photos above farry posted .. http://www.filmmagic.com/search/#images?q=pearl jam cypress hill&s=4 , there's more toy's on the speakers. Cypress Hill's TV broadcast was only 13 minutes. Wished they showed more of their set with Dave, Jeff & Stone.

I'm been looking for an audio & video of their Real Thing performance for a long, long time! Someday ...

• Options
    Farry Aprianto
    Jakarta, Indonesia

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    sweet overalls
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Nirvana's set from this was included in the In Utero Super Deluxe Reissue & a dvd was also released seperately. Too bad Ed was sick, that would've been the coolest thing MTV ever televised..
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    That Nirvana set is blistering!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com