seeing that half-truth, quarter-truth, tenth-truth story
suppos’d to be my story prob’ly
but, no
it sure don't feel good to be misunderstood
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Comments

• Options
    truer words have never been spoken
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    yes

It doesn't feel good to be sliver-thin-viewed!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Many people like to think that the tail of a book can be read by its covers, more by including the prologue and epilogue, and the overwhelming majority by there words there in-between. We are none of those...we are the parchment, and the ink only shares what we choose. Though I may judge, I do so knowing it has little merit.
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Many people like to think that the tail of a book can be read by its covers, more by including the prologue and epilogue, and the overwhelming majority by there words there in-between. We are none of those...we are the parchment, and the ink only shares what we choose. Though I may judge, I do so knowing it has little merit.

Wow! That's a wise thing to point out.

You're right. People are themselves and not only what others see or what they reveal about themselves with words. Or, do you mean that the ink is what people have done in the tale?

Excellent thought! :)

Post edited by justam on
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    AafkeAafke Posts: 1,219
    edited August 2014
    A beautiful poem, Justjam, It's rare to be understood... Maybe it's not only the words that needs to be viewed, maybe the in between, the words unspoken, is where the real understanding happens...
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed".- Carl Jung.
    "Art does not reproduce what we see; rather, it makes us see."- Paul Klee
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Aafke said:

A beautiful poem, Justjam, It's rare to be understood... Maybe it's not only the words that needs to be viewed, maybe the in between, the words unspoken, is where the real understanding happens...

Yes, maybe it is

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    this is beautiful ! and chilling at the same time.

Godfather.
  • Options

this is beautiful ! and chilling at the same time.

Godfather.

Thanks for reading it Godfather!
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    Those on the fringe, the misunderstood and the eccentric act as gravity for me. I gravitate to them and soon find me does and happily stands as a we. I have always felt misunderstood and from those lessons have grown to a firm understanding and acceptance of myself. Perhaps that's the silver lining of it. Being misunderstood leads to deep reflection and deep answers.
    You are always so thought provoking justam, thanks for sharing your perspective.

In joyous part.
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • Options
    Thanks for taking the time to read it TalonTedd.

I feel it just takes a really long time to truly know people and begin, merely begin (!), to understand parts of them. It's so easy to miss the essentials in others and it's so easy to be misunderstood.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    Do we ever truly know another. I have been married 10 years and one of the finer things about it has been witnessing her personal growth and paths. yet at the same time, I wonder what makes her tick. She has a wonderful ability to blow me away with her hidden capabilities. She is amazing me all the time and yet I still misunderstand her motivations and stubbornness about her convictions. Old wives tales that make my mind bend when she sites them and holds them like gospel....I'm so lucky :D
    I miss her so much. I'm out of town for work and won't see her or the boys for another ten days. If not for the 10C I would feel so f$@!ing lonely.
    Please don't lose your mojo for writing, not now. I need your poems and those of the others now more than ever.
    Come to think of it, I think "As a blur-by-view and Zona deserve a song dedication
    U

In joyous part
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I never lose my mojo, but sometimes I get busy and get quiet!

You have noticed what I notice. You have been married ten years and see that it takes that long to get to know someone.

I have been married 30 years and I feel I'm just now getting into the best parts of my husband. It's amazing how deep people are! Thirty years. Nearly unbelievable (!), but I'm grateful that he's never been boring!!!!!!

Post edited by justam on
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    justam said:

I never lose my mojo, but sometimes I get busy and get quiet!

You have noticed what I notice. You have been married ten years and see that it takes that long to get to know someone.

I have been married 30 years and I feel I'm just now getting into the best parts of my husband. It's amazing how deep people are! Thirty years. Nearly unbelievable (!), but I'm grateful that he's never been boring!!!!!!

I don't know what it is about this post, but it makes me happy :)
  • Options
    rollings said:

I don't know what it is about this post, but it makes me happy :)

:)
    As long as it brings a smile to your face, I'm glad!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&