I interviewed Wintersleep and They Shared a Pearl Jam Story from 2005

restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
edited August 2014 in The Porch
Some of you may know if you visit the OTHER MUSIC section of the forum that I started a show about a year and a half ago. It's very DIY just my wife and I. We've managed to get some amazing artists to come on: The War On Drugs, The Melvins, Houndmouth, King Tuff, Typhoon, Generationals, The Pack AD and now Wintersleep. Our show airs every Friday and has done so for 72 straight weeks.

I asked Paul and Tim to share a story about opening for Pearl Jam in 2005 St. Johns.

Check out the interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCvovQU6ulE

Subscribe to my channel, please!
Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
Post edited by restlesssoul on

Comments

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Cool stuff man.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Subscribed
  • palm0014palm0014 Ottawa, ON Posts: 52
    Dude, this is awesome. I love wintersleep and it was good to hear a funny story about pearl jam in there as well. Cheers!
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    Thanks for the feedback guys, glad at least two of you enjoyed!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    Sweet, I'll watch it later. Always enjoy your show. :)
    On another note, do you happen to be going to the Railway Club next Saturday? A few bands playing (including a friend of mine's). Crossed my mind that I might see you there!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

yeah, it was fun to finally get to chat with them on camera....

which friend is your band in? I've interviewed one of those bands on the bill, The Broken Hands already....
    edited August 2014

yeah, it was fun to finally get to chat with them on camera....

which friend is your band in? I've interviewed one of those bands on the bill, The Broken Hands already....

My friend's band is The Salvos (actually have never even heard them - this is the first time I'm going to one of their gigs).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,832
    Good interview, thanks for sharing B-) Not very familiar w their music but will have to check em out more
    jjflash said:

Good interview, thanks for sharing B-) Not very familiar w their music but will have to check em out more

Their song Weighty Ghost is one of my faves. I absolutely love it. :)