Options

Leeds Setlist related question for TenClub

There is a lot of debate in social media as to the creator of the Leeds Setlist. Tons of people believe this setlist must have been created by a fan or a close friend...basically someone other than Eddie Vedder.
I believe this setlist was created by Eddie Vedder and the location of the gig has a lot to do with the setlist being pretty special. Maybe TenClub would be willing to shed some light on this debate?
I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
#standingman #duranadam

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,529
    I don't know the answer but wouldn't think Ed would let someone out of the band do a Leeds set list.
  • Options
    There were a lot of songs played that have been "requested" here over the last couple of weeks, just sayin' ;)
    Manchester 17.8.09, Manchester 21.6.12, Copenhagen 10.7.12, Manchester 28.7.12 (EV), Phoenix 19.11.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Vienna 25.6.14, Leeds 8.7.14, London 6.6.17 (EV), London 18.6.18, Krakow 3.7.18, London 17.7.18, Dublin 3.7.19 (EV)
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,901

I don't know the answer but wouldn't think Ed would let someone out of the band do a Leeds set list.

He's let people 'outside' the band do set lists for shows before.
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,529

He's let people 'outside' the band do set lists for shows before.
    I meant specifically for Leeds due to the Who's Live in Leeds album.
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    I wish TenClub would make a comment...
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    In my opinion, this was Ed making a statement with the set list. He obviously went full steam ahead creating a set list that caters toward the die hard fans. No one creates a better set list for the venue, atmosphere, vibe, etc than Ed (although some people on here think they can do it better). That's really why they are so great live - it doesn't really matter the set list they play, it will ALWAYS be a good show and it's exactly how the band and Ed feel that night. No one does it better.

And this all started last year in the US with the band playing longer shows and really challenging themselves in terms of the set list each night. They have a huge catalog to play from, and they are the greatest live band in the world - and they know it. I think it's just a product of Ed and the band continuing to really have a grasp on what us die hard fans want to hear, and knowing they have the capability to pull it off. I believe I read interviews last year before they started their 2013 tour, and Ed made a comment about them playing it "safe" the previous years in terms of their set lists, and they were going to do more to challenege themselves.

Trust me, they will find a way to put something together to try and "top" this kind of set list. But ultimately, every show is great and a set list doesn't necessarily make it the holiest of holy. Many people lose their minds just because they can scratch out a song to finish an album or one they never heard of before, which is great - but ultimately every show and the set list Ed creates is perfect for that time and place. What makes Ed who he is as a front man, and this band as one of the greatest fucking bands ever.

I just hope they come proper during the US fall tour and continue to challenege themselves with sets like this.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 923
    Good post. Whilst I was at Leeds and loved it and is the best I've been to, I agree they will try to better it soon. I've been thinking that every night of the tour and how the setlists do get better each night.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,711
    YLed2 said:

In my opinion, this was Ed making a statement with the set list. He obviously went full steam ahead creating a set list that caters toward the die hard fans. No one creates a better set list for the venue, atmosphere, vibe, etc than Ed (although some people on here think they can do it better). That's really why they are so great live - it doesn't really matter the set list they play, it will ALWAYS be a good show and it's exactly how the band and Ed feel that night. No one does it better.

And this all started last year in the US with the band playing longer shows and really challenging themselves in terms of the set list each night. They have a huge catalog to play from, and they are the greatest live band in the world - and they know it. I think it's just a product of Ed and the band continuing to really have a grasp on what us die hard fans want to hear, and knowing they have the capability to pull it off. I believe I read interviews last year before they started their 2013 tour, and Ed made a comment about them playing it "safe" the previous years in terms of their set lists, and they were going to do more to challenege themselves.

Trust me, they will find a way to put something together to try and "top" this kind of set list. But ultimately, every show is great and a set list doesn't necessarily make it the holiest of holy. Many people lose their minds just because they can scratch out a song to finish an album or one they never heard of before, which is great - but ultimately every show and the set list Ed creates is perfect for that time and place. What makes Ed who he is as a front man, and this band as one of the greatest fucking bands ever.

I just hope they come proper during the US fall tour and continue to challenege themselves with sets like this.

Awesome post. Spot on dude
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    when they played the dte center in 03 for 2 nights 61 songs only 1 the same. like what they did in leeds a lot and hope they keep it up. nice not to see so many of the songs played the most at most shows. so much too play. please keep mixing it up. love it when you do.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    YLed2 said:

=D> Completely agree. Especially with the 'the setlist doesnt make it the holiest of holy.'

Maybe I'm just jealous... :))
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7