***Pearl Jam Guitar Tabs!***

Comments

• BHealyBHealy Flagstaff, Arizona Posts: 466
    Same here....that doesn't look good, although I'm no web guru. Such a great resource, I hope it isn't down for good!
  • eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    Still can't connect to Giventowail... Any new info as to what might be wrong?
    I think its done....huge bummer....
  • Sights back up
  • eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    Sights back up

:D
    :D Awesome!!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I have a question

-|-0h2p0---------0-------3--0------|-0h2p0---------0-------3--0---|-----------
    -|-------3---------3---------------|-------3---------3------------|-----------
    -|---------2---------2-------------|---------2---------2----------|-----------
    -|-0-----------0-------0-----------|-0-----------0-------0--------|-----------
    -|---------------------------------|------------------------------|-----------
    -|---------------------------------

Dont know how well that came out, but Release

the 1st note is a simultaneous open D and high E strings with a h to 2 and p back to open.

So how would I play this as a beginner? mute the G and B strings? If so, with what finger? Do you immediately mute the D sting so it doesnt carry over the next 4 notes?
  • jasonrolfejasonrolfe Posts: 474
    I will preface this by saying, I don't know for sure how the band plays it, but I see two ways to play it.
    1. What I do, is use my fingers to pick the strings, I wouldn't use a pick because it's too hard to mute the strings and that will cause a unwanted sound. Because there is only 4 strings involved, I use thumb on D, index on G, middle on B and ring on high E. As a beginner this might feel awkward.
    2. I just looked at a YouTube video from 2013 and Stone appears to be playing with a pick. If you are doing that, I would suggest not worrying about hitting the open D when you have the simultaneous notes on D and E, and instead just let D keep ringing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjK9s8H36Lw
    2005: Kitchener / London / Hamilton | 2006: Toronto 1&2 | 2010: Hartford | 2011: Toronto 1&2 / Hamilton
    2013: London, Brooklyn 1&2 | 2014: Detroit | 2015: New York | 2016: Ottawa / Toronto 1 / Wrigley 1
    Bueller... Bueller...
    I would like to hear feedback on my approach.
    2005: Kitchener / London / Hamilton | 2006: Toronto 1&2 | 2010: Hartford | 2011: Toronto 1&2 / Hamilton
    2013: London, Brooklyn 1&2 | 2014: Detroit | 2015: New York | 2016: Ottawa / Toronto 1 / Wrigley 1
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    lol, sorry, and thank you.

I did try it without a pick and similar fingering as you and it was much easier and more fluid.
    Haha, actually was hoping for feedback from anyone. Didn't mean to call you out, but on re-reading my post, that's how it came across. Sorry!
  • TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    Hey Ho.
    I love using Guitar tabs app on my android. There is a pro upgrade that is really great to jam with. For instance I am a beginner and I chose "Sometimes" as my first song to learn. For timing I'll turn down the volume on Ed's part (and play it) and have Mike and Jeff parts keep me in check or vise versa; Ill turn off Mike's part and play that. If you haven't had a look at this app you really should. The PJ selection is huge with many of the songs in PRO. I only wish the 10C would provide this kind of product to us because I would pay for this program through the club in an instant.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/

In joyous part

As for Realease check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3dzOp7WrIk
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7bM95TNE00
    Can anyone help with the jumpin jack flash intro? Theyre definitely playing it way different than any stones version i can find tabbed out and i suck at figuring this out still. So far it sounds something like open A power chord and G9 but thats about all i got
  • cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218
    alright my tab for the JJF intro... pretty simple
    e--------5-----5-------------3-3------------3-3-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    b--------5-----5-------------3-3------------3-3--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    g--2--2----2----2----0-0--0-0------------0-0--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    d--2--2----2----2----2-2--2-2------0-0--0-0-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    a--0--0----0----0----3-3--3-3------2-2--2-2-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    E---------------------------------------3-3--3-3-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    edited January 2015
    Post edited by ehbacon on
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    TalonTedd said:

Hey Ho.
    I love using Guitar tabs app on my android. There is a pro upgrade that is really great to jam with. For instance I am a beginner and I chose "Sometimes" as my first song to learn. For timing I'll turn down the volume on Ed's part (and play it) and have Mike and Jeff parts keep me in check or vise versa; Ill turn off Mike's part and play that. If you haven't had a look at this app you really should. The PJ selection is huge with many of the songs in PRO. I only wish the 10C would provide this kind of product to us because I would pay for this program through the club in an instant.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/

In joyous part

As for Realease check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3dzOp7WrIk

Beautiful!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 900
    Anyone know if Given To Wail will ever be updated? Its still a great site but no new tabs in years. Those tabs were much better than anything on Ultimate Guitar
    edited October 2015
    ehbacon said:
    I'm going to favorite all of these tabs and I want to thank you for doing the work. Because of fellers like yourself I can attempt to learn to play the music I love with ease and a real prospect of pulling It off.
    Do you know what it would take to PRO these tabs? PRO is the format I like the best because of the ability to manipulate the instruments and speed of the compositions. Regardless, you are a great fan of the band and I thank you again.
    Post edited by TalonTedd on
    TalonTedd said:

ehbacon said:
    I'm going to favorite all of these tabs and I want to thank you for doing the work. Because of fellers like yourself I can attempt to learn to play the music I love with ease and a real prospect of pulling It off.
    Do you know what it would take to PRO these tabs? PRO is the format I like the best because of the ability to manipulate the instruments and speed of the compositions. Regardless, you are a great fan of the band and I thank you again.
    thanks! Pro is a very difficult thing to do as you need access to a lot of different instruments and tools online that I simply just don't have access to. I've found the best way to learn a song from tabs is to listen to the track while playing it, this will allow you to actually hear what you need to play as well as see it, much like Pro does. I think UG has a tab player, but it might have a lot of faults so I would go back to just listening to the actual song.
    ehbacon said:

TalonTedd said:

ehbacon said:
    thanks! Pro is a very difficult thing to do as you need access to a lot of different instruments and tools online that I simply just don't have access to. I've found the best way to learn a song from tabs is to listen to the track while playing it, this will allow you to actually hear what you need to play as well as see it, much like Pro does. I think UG has a tab player, but it might have a lot of faults so I would go back to just listening to the actual song.
    Thanks for the advice. Another musician also suggested I learn songs from the back so that its lets confusing as to what comes next. So I'm doing that with Alive right now. The going is slow but improvement is growing. Keep up the good work.

TalonTedd said:

ehbacon said:

TalonTedd said:

ehbacon said:
    Thanks for the advice. Another musician also suggested I learn songs from the back so that its lets confusing as to what comes next. So I'm doing that with Alive right now. The going is slow but improvement is growing. Keep up the good work.

hardest part of Alive for me is the chord progression right after the chorus for me. Very awkward, but I also just learned it yesterday :lol:
    Its becoming a labor of love. And I dig it. Stone's the man.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    i had opportunity to play guitar as a child with my dad and never did but wished i did
    children have brilliant memory and one of the smiths brothers proposed my dad to teach me to play piano lessons at his place when i was a kid but my dad said no bc he was too busy with two lifestyles when i was growing up
    sucks i wish he said yes all i can do now is play nursery song rhymes on piano and on flute and xylophone i would have had two instruments up my sleeve if dad had given me a little more time
    needless to say im enjoying playing guitar but the thought goes through my mind like i will never play like joe satriani
    JWPearl said:

i will never play like joe satriani

that shouldn't be your goal, your goal should be to play like you ;)
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    ehbacon said:

JWPearl said:

i will never play like joe satriani

that shouldn't be your goal, your goal should be to play like you ;)
    true.. but i dont know who i am at the moment with my short term memory unfortunately
    I know I will never be great at playing guitar so thats not a goal. I can play six songs from end to end now but they are not super complicated. I do believe that if I stick with it ( and I will) that two great things will happen. First, I will accomplish something I have always dreamed of being able to do and I dream of the day I can ring off a kick ass solo one fine summer evening to the audience of trees and meadows behind my house. Second, I'll have shone my two growing boys that anything worth doing takes effort and hopegully they will find a love for music by my example. My would say that musicians were all queer and discouraged that pursuit...all sports all the time. I looked up to him so I bought in. Now I know what I want and wont be denied.

In joyous part.
    TalonTedd said:

I know I will never be great at playing guitar so thats not a goal. I can play six songs from end to end now but they are not super complicated. I do believe that if I stick with it ( and I will) that two great things will happen. First, I will accomplish something I have always dreamed of being able to do and I dream of the day I can ring off a kick ass solo one fine summer evening to the audience of trees and meadows behind my house. Second, I'll have shone my two growing boys that anything worth doing takes effort and hopegully they will find a love for music by my example. My dad would say that musicians were all queer and discouraged that pursuit...all sports all the time. I looked up to him so I bought in. Now I know what I want and wont be denied.

In joyous part.

• Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    Is Given to Wail not working for anyone else? I haven't been able to connect to it lately
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
    nope can't connect either, glad I relearned a bunch of songs over the weekend or I'd be out of luck.
  • Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    ehbacon said:

nope can't connect either, glad I relearned a bunch of songs over the weekend or I'd be out of luck.

Well, the site has crashed many times in the past. Hopefully this isn't the end
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore