01. Rearviewmirror
02. Mind Your Manners
03. Animal
04. Cordruoy
05. Lightning Bolt
06. My Father’s Son
07. Do The Evolution
08. Given To Fly

(Ed comments that for the longest time all the best bands were British.  The Who, The Kinks, etc.  But then in the 80’s he heard The Pixies.  He can’t believe that they are playing at the same time as the Pixies.)

09. All Night w/ Midlake (members of the band Midlake come out and sing backing vocals)
10. Even Flow
11. Sirens
12. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
13. Why Go
14. Spin The Black Circle
15. Wasted Reprise
16. Life Wasted
17. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)

Encore Break 1

18. Future Days (someone named Jeff asked Ed to sing the sing for his wife Denise)
19. Mother-(Waters)
20. Jeremy
21. State Of Love And Trust
22. Black
23. Daughter/Where Is My Mind-(Francis), WMA  (Ed sings some lines from “Where Is My Mind”.  The music is the usual daughter outro so just a few lines.
24. Porch

Encore Break 2

25. Sonic Reducer-(Bators, Blitz, Chrome, Magnum, Thomas, Zero)
26. Alive
27. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young)
28. Yellow Ledbetter/Angie-(Jagger, Richards)/Little Wing-(Hendrix) (Before playing “Yellow” Mike launches into “Angie” and Ed sings the title a couple of times.)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)
Post edited by Sea on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,408
    Thanks, Sea...
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,838
    Some great tagging there!
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,151

Some great tagging there!

oh yeah

thanks Sea
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    cyclopscyclops Posts: 70
    Best Werchter performance ever (but that wasn't hard to beat). Maybe it was because of my low expectations because every other PJ at RW had sort of not been so great, but this one did it. Ok it was a festival setlist, but at least not a pure greatest hits. Atmosphere was good and for the first time I did not feel like being the only fan in the front. Got to say hi to Eddie - the 12y old kids in front of me got everything but a signed guitar (which they already had): drumsticks, tambourine, signed setlist, (real) picks ... what did I forget? Good thing for them the security slapped their hand and had to make up :-)
    Paris 00

Antwerp (!) 06
    Paris 06
    Verona 06
    Prague 06

Wembley 07
    Duesseldorf 07
    Nijmegen 07
    Werchter (!) 07
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Great set for a festival.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    StefVGStefVG Posts: 29
    Great set & super performance. Band is in super-shape!
    Paris/Antwerp/Dusseldorf/Nijmegen/Werchter/Rotterdam/Manchester/London/
    Dublin/Belfast/London/Nijmegen/Werchter/Toronto 1&2/Ottawa/Hamilton/
    Amsterdam 1&2/Werchter/Berlin 1&2/Stockholm/Oslo/Kopenhagen/NY 1&2/Baltimore/Amsterdam 1&2/Milan/Trieste/Vienna/Berlin/Stockholm/Oslo/Werchter
  • Options
    cyrielbuyssecyrielbuysse Posts: 196
    edited July 2014
    Well that was splendid as ever. For the fans it wont be a must have bootleg but as a newspaper wrote today: if you went to see pearl jam out of curiosity, you must have become a fan for life.
    Rearviewmirror was a great start and it sounded a bit different as when it is played as a closer (less long, more like euh an opener!).

Songs that followed were all fast and furious (great animal and given to fly).

All night was great, midlake was a super addition to the song, although they forgot the" got all night, got all night" part and went direct in the choir ending.
    Sirens was beautiful, even after the singalong outro, the crowd went aha oho, the band had to wait to start the next song.
    Ed chatted a bit during the wasted reprise intro, with advise to children and parents: do not peak too soon.

Future days was dedicated to ed s sister denise, who was in europe for the first time. Sound was a bit off then, at least where i was standing.
    Black then! My request here on the forum mainly because after every previous show at werchter friends said "it was great but they didnt play black". And now they did, and it was wonderful. The crowd loved it!
    Porch was another highlight, we were on the side (far far away!) at te rail but ed came by for a handshake,

Second encore was also perfect, nothing can be added to that. Some angie (after ed said they were the opening band for kings of leon and would play for the next 24 hours).
    Little wing was super, mike looked at eddie when he started the riff: im up for it, are you? So eddie started singing a couple of lines.

Every newspaper gives a 5 star review. Altough i keep nagging about more quiet ones or those inbetween fast and slow, who am i to advise a band who can entertain 60.000 people for three hours. Only pearl jam can, they are the only band in the 40 year history of the festival that plays longer than 2.30 hours.
    So thank you pearl jam, you rock!

P.s. No i have no stickers (wish i did, would have been a rich man)
    Post edited by cyrielbuysse on
    2006 Arnhem - Antwerp - Paris 2007 Nijmegen - Werchter 2009 Rotterdam 2010 Nijmegen - Arras - Werchter 2012 Amsterdam - Werchter - Arras - Berlin 2014 Amsterdam - Berlin - Werchter 2018 Pinkpop - London - Berlin - Werchter - London
    @BelgianPJfan
  • Options
    HansVHansV Posts: 3
    edited July 2014
    It was certainly a fantastic show, the sound was perfectly clear and hard enough. Lot's of energy from the band, they realy are in good shape. In a review they wrote that Eddie was drunk on the end of the show, but I can't confirm that one (but mayby my alcohollevel at that point has inflluence...).

They didn't play for 3 hours, 'just' 2,5 hours, the band started a half hour late at 10.30 PM. I don't know what the reason was, but for the crowd it was a fairly long wait specially when you are standing in the rain since 8.00 PM. Unfortunately the band skiped the more slowly openers as they did in the other shows I've been to this tour. It was now full throttle from the start, but problably that works better on a festival.
    It was the third time that I saw PJ at Werchter and this was by far the best show!

@mlapeer:
    I wasn't standing in front, so if the reason of the half hour delay was the pressing over there, I'll understand completly.
    Post edited by HansV on
    Hans
  • Options
    justdimijustdimi Posts: 256
    Hereby my set of photos of the Pearl Jam performance at the werchter gig https://flic.kr/s/aHsjZsSAG6
    my own favorite
    Justdimi,

http://www.pinterest.com/justdimi/
    www.facebook.com/dimitri.sponselee
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/justdimi/
    ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
  • Options
    crisr25crisr25 Rotterdam Posts: 27
    It was a good show, but not great like the Amsterdam or Vienna concerts i've been to because of het 'festivalsetlist' and festivalcrowd. And PJ didnt play for 3 hours, but two and a half.
    Arnhem 2006, Barcelona 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Werchter 2010, Amsterdam 2012 (I), Amsterdam 2012 (II), Berlin 2012 (I), Berlin 2012 (II), Amsterdam 2012 (EV solo), Amsterdam 2014 (I), Amsterdam 2014 (II), Vienna 2014, Werchter 2014, Amsterdam 2017 (EV solo I), Amsterdam 2017 (EV solo II), Amsterdam 2018 (I), Amsterdam 2018 (II), Landgraaf (Pinkpop Festival) 2018, Prague 2018, Barcelona 2018, Amsterdam 2019 (EV solo), Barcelona 2019 (EV solo), Amsterdam 2021 (I), Amsterdam 2021 (II), Werchter 2021, Copenhagen 2021, Krakow 2021, Prague 2021.
  • Options
    SAMCROSAMCRO PJ show, Mike's side Posts: 449
    justdimi said:

Hereby my set of photos of the Pearl Jam performance at the werchter gig https://flic.kr/s/aHsjZsSAG6
    my own favorite

This is a great looking photo. Eddie seems like some kind of a gentle giant from this perspective :D Great colours and light. The whole album is great. I just wonder did you have time to enjoy the show taking all this photos. Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging, just asking. :)
    Želio bih nazdraVITI, HRVATskoj! Hvala što ste nas pozvali i drago nam je što smo napokan u vašoj zemli!
    We gonna love you long time.
    ZAGREB! This is MIKE McCREADY! MIKE McCREADY this is ZAGREB!
  • Options
    justdimijustdimi Posts: 256
    in 2,5 hour, u can shoot photos during some songs, I often make more photos in the end, because they have better lights at some songs ( RITFW or so ) , and I also pay attention I keep my camera before my own head, and wont block other people (behind me ) their view!
    thanks for asking ;)
    Justdimi,

http://www.pinterest.com/justdimi/
    www.facebook.com/dimitri.sponselee
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/justdimi/
    ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Looks like a great setlist for a festival show!
  • Options
    mlapeeremlapeere Posts: 3
    I think they started late because they wanted to give everyone the time to find a good spot, which is a good thing. I was waiting by the frontstage gates and as soon as the Black Keys where done there was a hell of a pressing. I had to keep up two young girls on there feet for example. I couldn't imagine the chaos it would bring if they started on time. It was embarrasing. If people know Pearl Jam well, they should know better. Not so much apparently.
  • Options
    rolfendebbyrolfendebby Netherlands Posts: 1
    I was very dissapointed that i missed the Amsterdamshows earlier. But Werchter was a good alternative.
    It was a great festivalday at Werchter. First we saw lots of good shows by Biffy Clyro, Triggerfinger, Black Keys. When PJ finally started a little late, it was fabulous. They started great with rvm! The first songs were overwhelming. PJ played very focused/ concentrated. Great rockset. First enore was super, Black, mother and daughter. Second encore was THE perfect end of a great day. THE rain stopped and 100000 people were all happy when they went back to their house, tent or hotel.
    And THE footballmatch by THE Dutch? Who cares About football, if you can see THE best band ever?
  • Options
    bertanbertan Posts: 266
    I was kinda worried about this gig, even started a thread here, asking what should I expect from a festival crowd, but everything turned out super fun. Yes the crowd was a little less into the band than the past 3 shows I've attended, but this also meant I had space to jump around and go bananas. I was on Mike's side, right in front of the speakers, 3rd or 4th row. But there was no pushing around, no gasping for air, no mosh pits. Respectful people jumping around together without killing each other.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the crazy PJ crowds, but I could not survive in the front rows the last 2 times and had to move back a little. It was a pleasant experience to not to worry about protecting my position. Plus, it wasn't dead around me, I've met wonderful die hard PJ fans, who have seen tens of shows, touring along with the band. And to share the joy with them and my friends around me was wonderful. To turn to them, and see the same excitement I feel on their faces really made this gig special for me. So here's a thanks to the couple from Belgium / Chicago, and to all the other wonderful people.

Finally, the setlist. I've wished and gotten some PJ songs before, but never had an experience like this. The 2 songs I wanted to hear most were Why Go and SOLAT, I got them both. After the show I checked the setlist photo and apparently some songs were crossed out and those 2 were put in. I really wanted to hear Sonic Reducer and RITFW, but I was guessing they won't play both (since they like to close with one or the other), THEY DID! We started chanting "Let Stone sing" at some point, we were a small group but Ed heard and responded.

Then came the end of the gig, where Ed asked if they should play anything else. I screamed "Angie", I don't know why, I knew Mike loved it and I loved it, and it was a gut answer. I don't know if Mike heard it, but right after I screamed he started playing Angie, and Ed joined in. I just couldn't believe how many wishes I got answered. When they started YLB, I had only one wish left. I got the Little Wing tag at my first gig in Athens, and absolutely loved it. So I wanted to hear that again. I turned to the couple behind me, crossed my fingers and kept saying "Little Wing". Few seconds later, Mike was playing Little Wing, and I just threw myself on my knees, not knowing what else to do with so much joy in one night :)

I never got this many wishes in one night, and I'm afraid I've used all my luck for the rest of the year. But it was totally worth it :D

They really carried out this festival for me. Metallica was energetic but sloppy and kinda dull. Arctic Monkeys didn't seem to give a fuck. Black Keys played good but they lacked energy, also the Belgian game did not help them much. I like all those bands, but Pearl Jam showed again why they are Pearl Jam, and why they still have an hardcore fanbase. They really knocked everyone out. They worked their ass off, they tried hard, they connected with people and they left an impression.

I love this band so much :)
    "hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • Options
    jumbojetjumbojet Posts: 1,484
    Thanks for reviews, was fun to read. Yes, Pearl Jam is Pearl Jam because they are Pearl Jam. :)
    What's your part, who you are?

2012: Arras, Berlin 1-2
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires
    2014: Milano, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: NY MSG 1
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    Listening to the boot now, superb crowd!!!
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    listening to the boot. Barely sounds like a festival show!
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin