Options

ISO- Binaural Vinyl

ratmandoratmando Moss Beach, CA Posts: 344
I had a house fire. In the house fire, I lost three things-- my clothing, (but that's easy to replace... except for the first Alive shirt, which I was wearing at the time, and it's unharmed), several of my books that were first editions of Hawthorne and Thoreau. (heartbroken, not replaceable), and several of my favorite albums in vinyl format were completely melted because the fire started near my bedroom. I'm fortunate in that my animals escaped, and the woman house sitting was fine, but I've only been able to replace about 40% of my vinyl recordings. There were so many from my years of doing radio- from 1988 until 1998 especially- that I'm sure they will never be replaced. BUT, the one vinyl I can't seem to find from Pearl Jam, I had hoped would be far more readily available. And, as I'm discovering, the cost of replacing it is a car payment, or four tickets to a PJ show anywhere in the states. Seriously.. I can't donate body parts to buy it, but I'd consider it, if the right person was in need.

Is anyone in possession of copy of a vinyl Binaural in ANY condition??? Condition isn't a factor. In fact, as long as the LP exists and the album cover is ok, I'm all over it. I'm trying to replace sentimental moments of my life, not actual highly priced collectors' items, (and I know, I know it's a lot.) I was able to save nearly all of my Giftmas Singles, just about all of the LPs from Ten all the way to Backspacer, and even my coke bottle Ten, that was a gift managed to survive. Binaural was on my turntable, and the turntable, plus the items under it were just slimy piles of goo. So sad. I can still remember the smell.

If anyone has a line on a scratched up, paper thin, snot covered one, please let me know? Binaural is my Windmill and I'm hoping I can find a Pancho who will help me reach it.
When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau

Comments

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Its sucks when you lose something you like so much at least you have your family still thank God..
  • Options
    The smell just stays in my head. As a child I was burned pretty badly, and for years, I couldn't be around the smell of fried chicken because it would mentally bring me right back to the years of burn care. (Now covered by tattoos, lemonade, I suppose.) Thank you for the kind words. Very grateful no one was harmed.
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Glad that no one was harmed. Will keep my eyes & ears peeled for you. Hope you find a new copy soon!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    mfc2006 said:

Glad that no one was harmed. Will keep my eyes & ears peeled for you. Hope you find a new copy soon!

me too I know where to find you if I've seen something...

;)
  • Options
    Thanks JWPearl and mfc2006, you're both angels in my book!

Henry David Thoreau