Options

Moline tickets anywhere?

MB58788MB58788 Posts: 167
Was anybody lucky enough to find tickets to Moline (fan club/Ticketmaster)? Looking for 1 somewhere in the building.....

Comments

• Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    I see several posts where people got tickets. I was fortunate enough to get 10c tickets and today helped a fellow ten clubber who lost the lottery get a nice lower level pair on TM. This is the highest demand show of the tour thus far (combining regular sale and ten club presale), but there's always tickets that come available, especially singles!
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    Guess I should have asked you earlier! I lost out in the lottery for Moline as well. Got GA for STL, but wanted to see both. Not wanting to pay broker prices if I can help it.
  • Options
    voodoopug - when you say there's always tickets that come available, do you mean thru ticketmaster?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    typically, yes. Most common time is day of event, but for PJ20 for example, there were random ticket drops happening all the time. I've been avidly studying trends and patterns on Ticketmaster since about 2002 as I'm a huge Rolling Stones fan and have been to over 50 of their shows. In order to afford that, I've had to really learn how to get the best seats at the best prices. The introduction of Flex Pricing strategies by TM and promoters has made it even tougher to understand, but certainly it comes down to one basic principal, create a higher than reality demand.

TM owns their own resale company (Ticketsnow) and I strongly suspect they have a vested interest in many tickets sold by the big brokers. Its in their best interest to create panic about tickets not being available for a show so that those in panic will pay the over inflated tickets from brokers. Take a look on any broker site to see what the tickets are going for today....they'll never be higher!

They only real exceptions I've seen to this strategy is if its a major band playing in a major city, in a tiny venue. I did not see one drop for the Vic show, nor did i see one drop for the Stones at the Aragon. I did actually see a few drops for Blackhawks Stanley cup finals tickets in both 2010 and 2013. I've seen multiple drops for the Stones at MSG/United Center. I've also seen drops for Cubs tickets against high profile teams (Sox, Cards, Yanks, etc), in the era where people gave a crap about Chicago baseball (circa 2005-2009)

I hope this helps.

Edited for misspelling
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    Very helpful information - thanks a lot!
  • Options
    Good luck buddy!
  • Options
    speaking of the Rolling Stones....saw them at Jack Trice Stadium in 1989. stayed in line all night for tickets, and ended up 3rd row center on the field. long time ago :)
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    great post voodoopug! thank you!! any advice as to when to possibly try TM again?
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    I always try several times a day once or twice. Thursdays and Fridays seem to be the biggest day for drops. I'd keep trying TM today too as its not uncommon for another release to come on the first onsale, especially if blocks they had on hold for corporate accounts, don't come through.
  • Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    Thank you! At least I have a little hope now
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    Just pulled a pair for MINN....the drops have started!!!!!
  • Options
    I hope this additional drop theory is true. I do find it reassuring that the show is not listed as "sold out" yet by TM. Just get the "no match" message when searching for tickets.