Options

**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    riotgrl said:

Louisville - Derby Festival continues with the balloon glow this week!

Do they still do the Steamboat Race on the river??
    Used to be one of my favorite Kentucky Derby events!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    derbydave said:

riotgrl said:

Louisville - Derby Festival continues with the balloon glow this week!

Do they still do the Steamboat Race on the river??
    Used to be one of my favorite Kentucky Derby events!!
    Oh yeah! It'll be the 30th this year.

Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    ComeToTX said:

Nice, shep. I'll be at jester king over the weekend.

Damn...

I still haven't been to jester king... dying to get there... just been too busy with life the last little while...

I am thinking for my 30th birthday I am going to put the foot down and head to austin for a feed at the salt lick on Friday, and spend my birthday at Jester king....

plans formed. :D

meanwhile...

If you search hard enough, you can find larger than life sculptures of the fab four...

(there is a world class sculpture who lives in in the Houston art district, makes all kinds of these huge sculptures that sit in his lot until the purchaser picks them up.... the beatles however, i believe are are just hanging out indefinitely...)

Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    its just gishits just gish San Antonio, TX Posts: 880
    I finally figured out how this shit works. I don't like it.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,572
    Seen this a few different places today...

Eminem, Pearl Jam and a reunited Outkast top the Austin City Limits Music Festival Lineup.

The diverse array of acts also includes Juanes, Skrillex, Beck, Calvin Harris, Lana Del Rey, Lorde, Foster the People, the Replacements and Zedd.

Music will be spread across two weekends and on eight stages, Oct. 3-5 and Oct. 10-12 at Zilker Park in Austin. Three-day passes are $225 and go on sale at 10 a.m. Tuesday. Single-day passes go on sale at a later date. VIP and platinum passes are available for both weekends.

Also on the schedule: Major Lazer, the Avett Brothers, Spoon, the Head and the Heart, Belle & Sebastian, Interpol, Chromeo, Broken Bells, Childish Gambino, CHVRCHES, Jimmy Cliff, St. Vincent, Phantogram, Iggy Azalea, Jenny Lewis, Icona Pop Sam Smith and Zoé. Texas-based Western-swing outfit Asleep at the Wheel returns for the 13th year. (Catch them this weekend at the Houston International Festival.)

Set times and stages will be released closer to ACL dates.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    RFTCRFTC Posts: 723
    great news for us, does playing ACL preclude artists from playing w/in a certain area, no mas TX dates for PJ in/around ACL? 8-X
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018
  • Options
    RFTC said:

great news for us, does playing ACL preclude artists from playing w/in a certain area, no mas TX dates for PJ in/around ACL? 8-X

headliners at ACL are blocked from playing Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio... if that's what you're asking.

ACL will be the only date in Texas.

Fucked by voodoo one year, fucked by ACL the following year...

it wouldn't bother me so much if was interested in any other bands apart from pearl jam or beck... the rest is a waste of my goddamn weekend....

Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    bump for at least two southern (TEXAS!) shows. still hoping for a houston show for you, shep.

i'm excited for beck, outkast, j roddy, gaslight too. not sure i'll do more than both sundays though.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:

bump for at least two southern (TEXAS!) shows. still hoping for a houston show for you, shep.

i'm excited for beck, outkast, j roddy, gaslight too. not sure i'll do more than both sundays though.

Know anyone that wants a 3-day pass at early-bird prices?

I need to dump my tickets. If I come, it's only going to be for the sundays and any possible shows at Moody....
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I would really like it if the band played someplace I could drive to this summer. Any place remotely close to my part of Florida!!!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    How much are early bird tix?
  • Options
    the ones I bought were $207/ticket, including the souvenir laminate...

only a saving's a $25/ticket... not that big a deal really...

Probably wind up getting stuck with them too... Unfortunately for ACL i don't think tickets are going to be selling too well this year... they are the last festival to announce (besides voodoo) and their big get (Outkast) has taken over every festival in North America this summer...

I blame them for singlehandedly ruining most of the summer festival circuit.... seems like almost every festival built their lineup around outkast...

never would have thought they would be that big a draw...
  • Options
    dgerlach720dgerlach720 Posts: 158
    With this set up, hopefully Florida gets some love after the 2nd ACL show or as a warm up to the fest, but outlook just got grim. As for Midwest, looks like you will get a few shows in between two ACL dates
  • Options
    C'mon already - Louisville!

I AM MINE
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

With this set up, hopefully Florida gets some love after the 2nd ACL show or as a warm up to the fest, but outlook just got grim. As for Midwest, looks like you will get a few shows in between two ACL dates

This Midwest, and other cities, can very well get shows before and after each weekend. If there is a fall tour, the ACL shows could be right in the middle of it.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

Best looking Fountain in the state of Texas can be found right here in Houston!
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,840
    10,600+ thread-replies-and-counting bump
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The sexiest tapwall in the state of Texas!

(courtesy of the Hay Merchant - one of the top rated beer bars in the country located in Houston)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ^^^ very nice! Next time you're here go to Bangers and Craft Pride. About a block from each other and worth the time to check out both. I'll meet you there.
    Post edited by ComeToTX on
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:

^^^ very nice! Next time you're here go to Bangers and Craft Pride. About a block from each other and worth the time to check out both. I'll meet you there.

of all the places I've been in austin.... haven't heard of either of those...

Last couple of times i've been there i've hit up whip in, easy tiger, and that places where the beer prices go up and down as people order them... I think it was called the Beer Exchange?..

most of my time in Austin has been spent around 6th, as you can tell...

however i will definitely take notes for next time!

• Options
    Both are on Rainey Street. Cool area that's a little more laid back than 6th. Beer Exchange is cool. One of the easy tiger owners is a huge PJ fan that posts around here sometimes.
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:

Both are on Rainey Street. Cool area that's a little more laid back than 6th. Beer Exchange is cool. One of the easy tiger owners is a huge PJ fan that posts around here sometimes.

Funny.... I'm way behind in my readings right now, on account of studying for a professional exam I just took in april. anyway, was reading the beer advocate magazine from Feb this morning and there was an article on craft pride.... sounds pretty neat, i will definitely hit it up next time in austin...

thinking I might head up there in june for my 30th birthday... i have been meaning to go to both the salt lick (again) and jester king (first time) for quite a while... might be an excuse to do both and make someone else drive :)

H-town bump!

Catalina Coffee! The owners source and roast all of their coffee right here in Houston (usually sourced in latin america and africa)...

Best damn coffee shop in the state! (well, I haven't checked dallas and austin, but it has been the No.1 rated coffee shop like 3 years running by the houston free press!)
  • Options
    KY Derby balloon race was this past weekend. Just a few more days until the 140th running of the KY Derby

I AM MINE
  • Options
    went to the derby in 2011 and decided to come back next year. already looking forward to it.
  • Options
    More large sculptures today:

Can be seen just off the I-10 near downtown Houston!
  • Options

Discovery Green! Houston's downtown park and utility space for art, concerts, and events!
  • Options

Ever feel the need to ride down a giant funnel?

In Houston, we've got you covered!
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    Houston.
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO