2017 Buffalo Bills - The hunt for a playoff berth

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    EJ Manuel looks like shit. They need to draft someone this year in the 1st round. The guy cannot throw a pass, which should be a skill he already has. Its tough to learn arm strength and control.
    Ralph Wilson. Ded

Now the cards get laid on the table. Toronto?
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Saw the news on Jim Kelly today not looking good hopefully he pulls through this very sad situation he's in right now.
    yeah, the Jim Kelly thing is just awful. He is now a great man and he does countless things for sick children and their families. The vague reports that have come out all seem to not sound very good.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Terrible news all around today. Tough day for western new york
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    good luck, Jim. Was he a tobacco chewer? I was for 33 years and quit.

RIP, Ralph
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    imalive said:

good luck, Jim. Was he a tobacco chewer? I was for 33 years and quit.

RIP, Ralph

No he wasn't. How did you quit? I been chewing for 20 years and I want to quit but it's so damn hard.

Tough week to be a Bills fan. I actually shed a tear of course I was doped up on Vicodin.

Mayday I don't see the Bills moving anytime soon. With the new lease and financial penalties it would cost. Say the Bills were sold for 900 million (which is possible I think they are valued at 870m) then you throw in anther 400 million to move the team which brings the total to 1.3 Billion then you're going to have to pay for a new stadium and moving fees and other fees which could take the total well about 1.5 Billion. I don't see anyone and I mean anyone willing to shell out that much money.

Like him or not and I don',t I don't think Goodell would favor the Bills moving. He knows how passionate we are as fans. This team has stunk this entire century. I mean it's pretty sad when the best season the Bills have had was when Mike Mularkey was the Head Coach. Yeah that's pretty sad in my book almost as bad as having the number 1 defense but gong 3-13 I think that season was far worse.

If I could pick an owner it would Eddie DiBartilo *sp?* he's from the Youngstown area and he is committed to winning. Look at those 49er teams. He surrounded himself with smart football men and built a dynasty.

Plus with all the upgrades to the stadium it's hard to see this team leaving. If it does happen screw the NFL I will just focus on NCAA football. Players leaving is one thing but no city should ever loose their team if they support the team. Bills fans support the team. Yeah a lot of games in November and December are not sold out but can you blame the fans for not wanting to sit in the cold and watch a crap team. But September and October that stadium is packed with BILLSNATION.
    My butt itches!
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    What are the bills going to give up to get that #1 pick from Houston? I think they want clowney.
  • DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180

What are the bills going to give up to get that #1 pick from Houston? I think they want clowney.

I think they want Mack. Not sure what they will give up. Obviously they will swap number ones. Maybe a second or third and a pick for next season. Clowney or Mack would be a good choice either way.
    My butt itches!
    Great 1st round. I have wanted Watkins for awhile, and I think, even though they gave up next year's 1st and a 4th, it was a steal.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    yeah, very excited for Watkins.
    Hopefully Manuel will be up to the task with all those weapons.
    Initial bids were due yesterday.

Reports say there were only 3 bids submitted. Trump who is a characture, Pegula at $1.3 Billion, and the Toronto group at $1.2 Billion

Still a ways to go, but if true, best Bills news in a long, long time
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    If you are shot through the heart, who is to blame?
    I would love to see Bon Jovi's management to fuck up and book a show in or near Buffalo. It would be a very ugly scene and I would be shocked if they made it through their set.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Jason P said:

If you are shot through the heart, who is to blame?

i dont trust any of them, esp. trump..hello LA Bills :(((((
    Gotta feel real good about the Pegula bid. Only worry has to be the Rogers going insane
    Trump isnt a worry at all. He is all but out of it...

Pegula seems like a heavy favorite... and I agree on the Rogers/insane worry... however, it has been reported he needed permission from other family members just to get in this far.

I really do think we will see expansion for Toronto in 5 years
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I was following up on that idiot Bill's fan who fell from the upper deck while sliding down a railing. I googled "idiot bills fan" and presto! Robert Hopkins, your legacy in life will being known as the Idiot Bill's Fan. Congrats, you make your family proud.

Anywho, the Idiot Bill's Fan was convicted on two counts last month and faces 2 years in jail. What is even crazier is that video evidence shows him sliding down the railing five times before falling off! He should be forced to wear a Scarlett "I" and a dunce cap when he is released.

deadspin.com/new-video-of-bills-fan-falling-from-upper-deck-leads-to-1592548282
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Jason P said:

I was following up on that idiot Bill's fan who fell from the upper deck while sliding down a railing. I googled "idiot bills fan" and presto! Robert Hopkins, your legacy in life will being known as the Idiot Bill's Fan. Congrats, you make your family proud.

Anywho, the Idiot Bill's Fan was convicted on two counts last month and faces 2 years in jail. What is even crazier is that video evidence shows him sliding down the railing five times before falling off! He should be forced to wear a Scarlett "I" and a dunce cap when he is released.

deadspin.com/new-video-of-bills-fan-falling-from-upper-deck-leads-to-1592548282

Wow. What an ass.
    I didn't see the game but read the stats. Why was CB Corey Graham used as a wideout? Just because it was preseason?
    TJ Graham
    oh stupid score app, thanks
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Hope the defense plays well this year. They will need to.
    Fuck Bon Jovi. Beat it dude.

Fuck Bon Jovi. Beat it dude.

it's too bad kelly isn't healthy. i always heard he wanted to start a team of investors to buy the bills once wilson passed.
    Horos said:

Doug Marrone it is. :wtf:

"Worst franchise in sports, worse than any chess or checkers team"
    Horrible hire, BAD flop of a QB that can't stay healthy, and now, Watkins gets hurt
    Just move them to Toronto already and put Buffalo fans out of their misery! :(
    New owner and all will be good.